Mission Bugs

DaEliteTerraTech

HEEEELPME PLEASEI NEED HELP i cant get through a mission thats in the start like you have to attach dilvery cannon to your tech but theres no cannon i cant buy it i cant do anything
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::(:mad::mad::mad::(:(:mad::(:(:mad::mad::(:mad::(:(:(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(
This should probably go in the "Newbies" section. And you should post a screenshot. If we see that something's not normal, put it in the bug section.

StyxAnnihilator

Missions in 0.6 story I just played seems pretty OK to me.
Assume the Fabricator mission will change to get the new one and not the "grade 2", along the road to v0.7.

Sinclair1369

Hey Greg,

Having an issue with GEO missions not progressing.
I have finished all the main SCU parts missions, and they maxed to lvl 5.
The GEO parts missions arebnot progressing though.
I got the wheels and most of the parts, but the missions for those parts are still active, AND hen I go to the yellow marker to manually progress, there is no tech there to conquer.

Are there tech level experience levels for EXP as well?
Cos I've wrecked a bunch of them, but no experience levels started to show.
Just checking.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
exp is currently not a corporation(it IS 'EXPerimental blocks not fully working or assigned to corporation'), but there is no venture experience/levels also and geocorp is only as far as 750exp

Gryphon

I've got my problem too- I have completed all the quests, but the "Harvest Boss" message won't go away in the Mission Log... I have the fabricators, it's just kinda annoying and I think it's stopping me from leveling up as well...

mikeshock

My main focus at the moment is going to be finding and fixing scripting bugs in missions. These can be anything ranging from how missions progress to the way certain objectives spawn in the world.

okay well i beated the troll and i got my tractor pad and broke rocks like it said... nothing still repeats the message i now have 2347 bb message still pops up help?

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
I think some of the GeoCorp Missions are broken. Seems like the Battery and Krusher Wheel missions often break, both being broken in my 0.6.0.2 world. It also seems like I hardly ever see the Return of Tony. Here is the order of missions to the best I can remember them:
  1. Started world. Did the build tutorial, the solar generator, the radar, and the battery tree. Did not do the shield mission. Never saw the return of tony.
  2. Maxed level 1. Didn't do any more GSO missions for a while. Found a desert. Roamed around and shot some venture techs.
  3. Found a GeoCorp tech. Shot it, started the GeoCorp mission line. GeoCorp Trading Station was near by, so I immediately killed the trader troll. Afterwards, shot some more GeoCorp techs. I believe some of them were mission techs, including elvis, but I don't remember the others.
  4. Decided to find the GSO Trading Station and spawn a better tech from R&D. Did the cannon mission, did the fabricator mission.
  5. Went off to build a base. Maxed lvl 2 of GSO sometime here.
I forget if I got the SCU before or after I did the GeoCorp trader troll. I am thinking after, but I am not sure.

Current missions and progress:

Krusher Wheel Mission. Tech missing, marker at default spot.
Battery Pack Mission. Tech missing, marker at default spot.
Silo Mission.
Harvest Boss.
Tank Top.

GSO Grade 2, maxed.
GeoCorp Grade 1, maxed.

Edit:

Did the silo mission. Then went around, and noticed chewy, the (I think...) krusher wheel mission tech. I destroyed it, completed the mission.

Not sure if that was the one that spawned and the marker is broken, or if that was a lucky spawn.

Last edited:

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
I have not seen 'return of tony' or 'minion of tony' since the current crafting came in, I thought he had been returned to the junked bin

Greg

Senior Designer
That's correct, Tony currently doesn't return. He may come back later down the line though.

ApErSoNwItHaGrUdGe

The "guard drone" mission, if you have a fast tech like me, all your resources fall off and i dont have venture tractor pads. If/When the Ignite falls off the marker doesn't move from your base/refinery. But it still is hovering over a Ignite Outcrop. One just spawns right under my base. is fixed if you make a Guard Drone Module-thingy.

Chris H.

Got the same issue now (0.6.0.6). I completed the GSO mission (except that plane thing) and reached Grade 4 (where the game tells me this is maxed out by now) After roaming around a bit I started the GEO missions until I maxed Grade 1 and now no more missions are available. The one mission marker left on the map leads me into an empty spot and it seems that I cannot progress any further. Unfortunately I completely missed to check the Twitter box before I started the game.

Invaders do appear from time to time but it's the same one all the time (Cyclone) but which seems normal when uncheck the Twitter feature. So for now it seems that I don't have any possibilities to find new tiles?
For the mission bug, from what I've read, it seems this can happen when getting too far away from the map marker and leaving the game at that point, is this correct?

Best regards,

Chris

Nanobytez

Currently on 6.1. I loaded a previous save of who knows how long ago, long enough to get an SCU though. Anyways. Started the story line again, got to the part where it says "You're SCU has crashed, we're dropping you a new one nearby" Some notes. I didn't realize nearby meant a fair distance lol. Anyways. I brought the Mission acquired SCU back, tried to drop it next to my other and dropped it on it instead, It ate it. Now I can't find the SCU to complete that mission and cannot progress. Picking up my old one and placing it does nothing either.

Also what are these Old Grade (Number) Fabs?

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Currently on 6.1. I loaded a previous save of who knows how long ago, long enough to get an SCU though.
Generally - it's good practice to start a fresh save with each update. Especially so with the new mission system as things may get a little hairy with old saves.