Mission Bugs

bogieman987

Aug 13, 2014
Ireland
I sent the crash reports with my email, but I'll add what happened here.

Basically, the issue is with Tier 3 quest line after hitting Tier 3. So I hit tier 3, kill the harvester boss, no problem.
Take what I need back to my solar panels, no problem.
So I start trying to make the AI bot slave minion thingy, getting the Erudite, no problem, refining it, well the refineries only seem to want to work once for me, so I buy new once and sell the old ones just to progress, then I craft the AI bot using the 2 refined erudite crystals.
I pick him up from fabricator, drop him, he then proceeds to drive away for no reason, too quick for me to change his AI mode. The wheels and block spawn. I pick them up, put them on my bot, then go and get my runaway slave.
I bring him back by force, place him down, put the stuff on him, quest doesn't continue, figured he needs a turret and tractor pad, put some on him, no change.
So I the restart by save and quitting the clicking on continue game.
Quest progresses yay, turret and tractor pad spawn, place them on him and oh noes, crash.
Send report and exit game.
Restart game, continue game.
Progress has be reset to the point where I have to go get the erudite. Though my minion is still there all finished and stuff. So I go towards the erudite marker and crash again.

Codepilot

Oct 13, 2015
5.18: Not sure if its just me but, just after I complete the troll quest and buy a few items it says to find a silo. Well before I ever actually find him it says Such and such has died but don't worry you can still buy it at the trading station. And pretty much from there I never get anymore quests as if its just broken completely at that point.

Codepilot

Oct 13, 2015
Been posted a bunch of times but just for the sake of more information. Have gotten to the battery mission stage countless times and has been broken every single time since I started on 5.18. Was a couple times on 5.17 it functioned but for the most part didn't work there either for me. I'm at the spot where the mission says to be, I destroyed every tree within 20 blocks of me and battery never fell out xD

bradleybooster

Nov 2, 2015
After starting a new game, I get through the intro, defeat tony and gather starter supplies. The BB and license UI don't show up. I reload the game only to have the UI but no progression/missions. It is stuck in a cycle of defeating tony and no enemy spawns. Only once has this not happened, with that excepting being my first save after the 5.11 major update. Help!

Malgus

Oct 14, 2015
Dirtville, USA.
Hi Greg,

I'll try to keep this short and sweet...

1. Random question marks.

Usually, the question marks lead to something interesting - like an aeroplane, the trading post, etc. Recently - as in, the last two days, I get random question marks. You go to where they are and there's.... nothing.

2. Kill-able trading post.

During a battle, either me or the Troll shot and knocked over the TP. So, I took it home with me. It didn't work.

3. Trading post bits underground.

Noticed that around the kill-able TP's, the "console" bits are buried underground. You can highlight them as a 1 x 2 invisible "block", move them around, even sell them - one goes for 2000 BB's. Can't order anything from them though...

4. Trading posts not showing up on radar... or even a question mark.

Leaving me to bumble around looking for them. I've noticed a correlation between "no question mark/nothing on HUD radar" to "not being able to order anything/consoles underground/kill-able TP"... When it shows up on the HUD or has a marker leading to it, they're indestructible and you can order stuff. Other way? Not so much.

5. TP's showing up in locations other than the desert...

Because this is so convenient... I suppose it's here because all the vertical cliffs were occupied.

so convenient.png

6. Bases "ghosting".

Put your solar array in the ground, your standard bubbles, couple batteries and... then all of a sudden you can't interact with them anymore. You can drive right through them like they weren't there. Can't hook stuff to them or charge batteries... upside is that the repair fields still work...

That's all I got for now...

Thanks much.

Mal

Edit: Afterthought - sometimes, if I forge ahead, despite all the above, I get a message that says "Oh no! Woodstock has been destroyed! But you can still get XXX from the trading post.."

Aside from a certain location in upstate NY possibly being bombed (not that I would complain), I didn't know what "woodstock" was. When I finally did find it, it was rather... unimpressive. Don't know if it had been shot up or what, but there wasn't much to talk about... and I could not remove anything/take it over... so I just blew it up.

Just putting that out there... thanks.

Last edited:

Sir Metaladon

Oct 15, 2015
Bug: Cannot Progress past Grade 2 in 0.5.18
I don't know if this is because I didn't get to the Silo in time before it destroyed itself (??????), but I have maxed the Licence Upgrade bar and no new missions have appeared.
This save was started in 0.5.18

Thanks for listening, Metaladon

Reactions: VC_Wolffe

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
The invisable consoles from the trading station were usable if you anchor them when I found them.

Might be worth a try.

Have a good one

Malgus

Oct 14, 2015
Dirtville, USA.
The invisable consoles from the trading station were usable if you anchor them when I found them.

Might be worth a try.

Have a good one
Anchor them to what?

Usually, they're near the actual trading station. Tried reattaching them, but they just got sold off.

I've thought about taking a solar array that way and sticking it in the ground, then anchoring one of the invisible blocks to it and then trying to order stuff...

Otherwise, I'm left to scavenge what I can from enemies... I've gotten surprisingly far that way, but to get anywhere meaningful, you have to have console access...

AlphaSaber

Oct 21, 2015
For me, everytime I do the silo side mission, the game crashes. Or the Harvest Boss mission doesn't start.

Bigtoad

Oct 9, 2015
Oregon
For me, everytime I do the silo side mission, the game crashes. Or the Harvest Boss mission doesn't start.
Yeah, I've decided that the silo mission is a big part of the problem too. In the very first 0.5.18 game I played I somehow got to GSO level 3 without things screwing up, and I didn't do the silo side mission on that one. I'm pretty sure that the crashing started in that game when I found the little base that is part of that side mission.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Anchor them to what?

Usually, they're near the actual trading station. Tried reattaching them, but they just got sold off.

I've thought about taking a solar array that way and sticking it in the ground, then anchoring one of the invisible blocks to it and then trying to order stuff...

Otherwise, I'm left to scavenge what I can from enemies... I've gotten surprisingly far that way, but to get anywhere meaningful, you have to have console access...
I used a silo, but anything that will anchor will work and then just attach the invisible terminal to the anchored block and order away.

Hope it helps

Have a good one

VC_Wolffe

Nov 4, 2015
Seattle
"I have experienced most of the bugs listed in here. Like the trading post having little 2x1 blocks near by, or fall off of them, that when anchored you can order from them like they were the trading post.

That actually helped alot since i could take those with me and set them down if i needed to order something.
But its obviously a bug of some sort. Its happened almost every time i find the trading post so im not sure what causes it.

I also had it where my base lost its collision model or something. Where i can drive through the anchored blocks and cant interact with them at all.

But what i noticed was that the game must have gotten it confused with another solar panel that was anchored near by with only a repair bubble on it. This other solar panal i could not even get close to, as if the base i had built was around that one instead.

I have over 20 hours logged so far, and restarted multiple times. I have never been able to get over level two due to the multiple mission glitches, and the fact that i cant continue leveling unless i complete them. =/

EDIT: Added a picture of the base collision issue. Its rather poor quality but its the only one i have since the save was deleted and i restarted.

Attachments

Reactions: Malgus

Malgus

Oct 14, 2015
Dirtville, USA.
I used a silo, but anything that will anchor will work and then just attach the invisible terminal to the anchored block and order away.

Hope it helps

Have a good one

Yeppers, your advice did help... thank you.

The Phantom Console worked just fine hooked to a solar array... until the game ignored the solar array and I could drive right through it... I got pretty far before everything ghosted on me and I felt like Kirk in The Tholian Web (I had to go look it up - I'm not such a colossal dork that I know the names of old Star Trek episodes) - that one episode where he was caught between dimensions. Everyone could see him, but not interact with him...

"Sorry Captain. You can't order anything from this console..."

thetholianweb271-500x381.jpg

So I just Mad Max'ed my way around, killing everything - seeing how far I could get on wits and firepower. I did okay... Until I didn't do okay. My cab detonated at the center of my tech and it sort of went "phht" and all my stuff collapsed in a heap. Then the big dude who killed me parked right next to the pile so I couldn't scavenge anything from my own dead carcass... thanks for being a Porch D*ck dude...

Anyways, I gots ta go make supper, so...

Good hunting...

Mal.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Not a Walking Dead fan, eh?

S'okay... it was a pretty vague reference anyways...

Here... https://www.google.com/search?q=porch+dick+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Be good.. or if you can't, at least be good at it.

Mal
I have watched all of the episodes of the walking dead and fear the walking dead and it still doesn't ring any bells.

Do you remember what episode that is from? I usually don't remember most of what I watch unless it really grabs my attention. The tv is background noise most of the time as I am usually trying to plan out something that I want to build in TT or in real life. It's a memory thing I got from an old left handed habit of mine.:D

Have good one

Malgus

Oct 14, 2015
Dirtville, USA.
I have watched all of the episodes of the walking dead and fear the walking dead and it still doesn't ring any bells.

Do you remember what episode that is from? I usually don't remember most of what I watch unless it really grabs my attention. The tv is background noise most of the time as I am usually trying to plan out something that I want to build in TT or in real life. It's a memory thing I got from an old left handed habit of mine.:D

Have good one

Okay, well it's one of the Alexandria episodes right after Rick & Co. get there. Jessie and Rick are getting friendly and you can tell Rick wants to put the moves on her... her husband, Pete - the town doctor - apparently doesn't like that much. And he's a mean, abusive, drunk jerk.

Later, Rick is walking down the street and Pete is sitting on his porch, drunk and smoking a cigarette, and he starts running his mouth... from the safety of his porch.

During Talking Dead, which followed the episode, they coined the phrase "Porch D*ck" to describe Pete.

Basically it's someone who feels confident enough to run their mouth, or be a complete jerk, but only from the safety of their own digs...

Be good...

Mal.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@Malgus that's why it's not familiar I never really watched the talking dead. I did look it up and found a funny video of a guy singing about it on youtube.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering what that meant. I call people like that one mile because they are tough as hell when they are a mile away.:D

Have a good one

Ion

Dec 6, 2015
If you're having problems with missions not completing, consider placing copies of your saves in a backup folder. Then if something goes wrong, you can just copy the best one back into the regular save folder. There'll be some backtracking to do, but at least you won't have to start entirely from scratch :)