Missiles compared

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
The different missiles in Terratech all have their advantages and disadvantages so here´s a list, not including the missile homing though.

GSO Missile Battery
Damage: 450
Explosion radius: 4 blocks
Missile speed: 60 units
2 seconds per volley
Turret turn speed: 20° per second
Range: 161-165 Blocks
Distance required for 180° turn: 42 blocks

Venture Avalanche
Damage: 175
Explosion radius: 2 blocks
Missile Speed: 30 units
Reload time: 0.5 seconds per volley
Turret turn speed: 30° per second
Possible max range: 261-263 blocks*
Missiles drop off in height at 160 blocks
Distance required for 180° turn: 24 blocks

Venture cluster missile
Damage 175 x 6
Explosion radius: one block
Speed: 20 units
Reload time: 3 seconds
Range: 140 blocks
Distance required for 180° turn: 11-12 blocks

Hawkeye Seeker missile pod
Damage:500
Explosion radius: 4 blocks
Missile speed: 80
Reload speed: 1 second after each volley
Range: 126-129 blocks
Distance required for 180° turn: Missile explodes before turning the 180°, but still faster turning than Cruise Missile.

Hawkeye Cruise Missile
Damage: 1150
Explosion radius: 8 blocks
Missile speed: 80 units
Reload time: 5 seconds
Range:191-194 blocks
Distance required for 180° turn: Missile explodes before turning the 180°

*You would need quite a bit of altitude for the Missile to reach that range.

Credit to Rafs for suggesting the Missile maneuverability test.

Last edited:

Mindlessmrawesome

Avalanche is more like 40 speed units (gso isn't 2x as fast as avalanche), and you're forgetting missile maneuverability and range stats

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
Both missile maneuvarability and range are incredibly difficult to be accurate, if you find a way to reliably test it then post your results here, I took the speed (except for the cruise because the speed was that at which its launched up) from the block stat list Hex posted, so I assume that it's correct. I checked over it again and yes, the GSO missile battery has twice the bullet velocity. The damage on the Missiles is accurate down to 10 damage, except for the Cruise, because there are no blocks that have between 1150 and 1200 health. As I said missile maneuverability is very difficult to test, I tried it with how long it will take to turn 45° but that was also very inconsistent with when the missile would start to turn and for range I can test it, but that will take a while, so stay updated.

Django

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I took the speed (except for the cruise because the speed was that at which its launched up) from the block stat list Hex posted, so I assume that it's correct. I checked over it again and yes, the GSO missile battery has twice the bullet velocity.
FWIW the block defines the muzzle velocity - the speed at which we eject the projectile from the holder - to help it clear the barrel. Each missile still has its own booster on top of that, further accelerating the projectile. For the cruise missile this initial velocity is perpendicular to the direction of travel which gives it its nice aesthetic. Other missiles need to function a bit more like a missile pod and fire in a straight line.

TL;DR: Actual missile speed is likely to be higher than the eject speed due to missiles having an in-flight booster.

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
FWIW the block defines the muzzle velocity - the speed at which we eject the projectile from the holder - to help it clear the barrel. Each missile still has its own booster on top of that, further accelerating the projectile. For the cruise missile this initial velocity is perpendicular to the direction of travel which gives it its nice aesthetic. Other missiles need to function a bit more like a missile pod and fire in a straight line.

TL;DR: Actual missile speed is likely to be higher than the eject speed due to missiles having an in-flight booster.
I´m looking at it right now and here´s just my results of careful watching:
-GSO missile battery has the same speed through the whole flight
-Venture Avalanche launcher accelerates, mostly after ~100 blocks
-Venture Cluster missiles accelerate a tiny bit, around 10-15%
-Hawkeye Seeker missile pod doesn´t visibly accelerate, could be because it´s too fast and has a short lifespan
-Hawkeye Cruise missiles accelerate a lot, since they have to completely propel themselves, the top speed is 80 units (what is it measured in, is it feet per second?)

Thanks a lot for pointing that out!