• Yes.

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

The Grand Teki

Feb 17, 2017
UESO hq.
Please, when building a tech or base you will (especially if it's compact or complex) eventually run into an issue where you need to redesign a small section to place in a needed facility because it's facing the way it is designed like that. Do you want mirrored blocks? (not all blocks of course like every fabricator, scrapper, etc.)

Reactions: Masakari and Zed

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
What needed facility are you referring to?

To me, all base blocks are needed and should have a mirrored version. Does not need to double the blocks and add to the already cluttered inventory, but a key to activate the mirrored version would be nice (but something that would/could not happen till we get the hotkey/key-bind update (sooner rather than later near 1.0 please devs....please).

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
I agree that crafting blocks such as the refinery / component factory should be redesigned to be more symmetrical. It was in fact #4 of a list of 5 crafting related suggestions I posted here almost five months ago.

The List FWIW was:

1) The Fabricator's inability to be instructed to build X of a certain block.
2) the Component Machine's inability to construct component's sequentially.
3) The Filter Conveyor's inability to be told to sort "All except this type / rarity / block"
4) The Lack of Symmetry of the Resource Refinery / Component Machine
5) The Lack of a 1x1x1 Venture Resource Silo which is not filtered like the 1x1x1 Filtered Silo.

Shayne

Oct 29, 2015
England
huh. I literally just made a post about mirrored base blocks... I didn't notice you made one too. :p

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Personally, I like the design limiting challenge of symmetry breaking crafting blocks. I'm fine with it.

What I'd like to see, is all the rotation orientation options for refineries, fabricators, etc, as component factories can already do (although perhaps presented in a more sane, usable order).

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Personally, I like the design limiting challenge of symmetry breaking crafting blocks. I'm fine with it.

What I'd like to see, is all the rotation orientation options for refineries, fabricators, etc, as component factories can already do (although perhaps presented in a more sane, usable order).
I hadn't considered that; the lack of symmetry does contribute to the uniqueness of builds though like others sometimes I would wish for some crafting related blocks (especially the refinery) to be symmetrical / have a scaled down 2x by 2y by 1z version (perhaps the mobile) to give users the option for symmetry late game.

Other aspects of a lack of symmetry exist between certain fabrication-related blocks, such as an early attempt of mine to create a flying base being hampered by the fact that a set of scrappers seems to be lighter / more "aerodynamic" than a full set of fabricators.

Edit #1; Found the post regarding the flying base tech prototype which refused to fly straight despite weight tweaking (will attempt again once I have created a sufficiently small crafting base over the coming weeks)

Last edited:

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Are you sure that is the flier you were looking for? (Post doesn't seem to mention flight.):
99.9% certain. If you wish I could find where it is mentioned on twitch stream however the following quote from two posts below the linked post should suffice:

Thank you for checking into this issue with the creative save provided. There are other issues with this tech including its inability to fly straight (presumably due to the weight differential between scrappers and fabricators) but even as is it is fairly close to being a functional flying fabricating Tech