Archived Mini Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Snapshots of the 3 techs in save, just for reference (show save, above!):

"Bricker" - a compact general purpose tech GSO level 3 blocks only. Harvests (only trees, easily), then anchors to make compressed resource blocks.
ZG Bricker 5x5x5.png

"HoverDrone" - straight forwards hover tech, no 'bug'. Better Future, Hawkeye and Venture blocks. Can boost briefly.
ZG HoverDrone 5x5x5.png

"Toast" - What's better that one small tech? A small tech that explodes into 5 tiny techs! (More deadly version in zip file with Avalanche launchers.)
ZG Toast 5x5x5.png

Last edited:

burger1113

Missed my techs 2 weeks in a row, mate...
I thought we would at least have in a tech(nician guest) this week so we could get some help with the workshop issue.
Or it could have been tested before the stream? Takes a lot to get me frustrated, but man...

Last edited:

XJetfireX

Heavy-duty military engineer
I thought we would at least have in a tech this week so we could get some help with the workshop issue.
Or it could have been tested before the stream? Takes a lot to get me frustrated, but man...
Same, it seems techs from previous week wasn't shown at all.
The luck is probably not on my side here >_<

burger1113

Same, it seems techs from previous week wasn't shown at all.
The luck is probably not on my side here >_<
And if you think about it... not being able to get a game feature working on a PC in the COMPANY HEADQUARTERS? for TWO WEEKS.
I mean, please LOL We ain't Early Access no mo...
It would be great if there was some prep before streams as to see if the stream content is actually working or not.
One option could be not using workshop links at all, but that would pretty much end the tie between the forum and the workshop.
Another option is scrapping the showcase as it is, and doing a face-off challenge type thing instead as I've suggested here?
https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/a-stream-content-idea.19600/
After getting my techs left out MANY times, either by bugs or forgetfulness, and having the techs presented properly less times than not, it finally killed my desire to make things, let alone the process of uploading. And that's while I was so pumped to get the new parts with the update, as well.

Captain Load

And if you think about it... not being able to get a game feature working on a PC in the COMPANY HEADQUARTERS? for TWO WEEKS.
I mean, please LOL We ain't Early Access no mo...
It would be great if there was some prep before streams as to see if the stream content is actually working or not.
One option could be not using workshop links at all, but that would pretty much end the tie between the forum and the workshop.
Another option is scrapping the showcase as it is, and doing a face-off challenge type thing instead as I've suggested here?
https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/a-stream-content-idea.19600/
After getting my techs left out MANY times, either by bugs or forgetfulness, and having the techs presented properly less times than not, it finally killed my desire to make things, let alone the process of uploading. And that's while I was so pumped to get the new parts with the update, as well.
I hate to be the cynic in the room yet again, but....this isn't Valve we're talking about. I mean, its absurd that this game has even been released. By the standards of most companies TT would still be considered an early beta. I place most of the blame on early access which is every bit the cancer that loot crates are. Then there's the whole ordeal with those guys trying to load a game. I thought techs had to be posted as PNGs to be considered for CC so why were they even messing around with saves? The only reason I can think that someone would need to submit a save is if multi-techs can't be part of a single snapshot, which might be the case for all I know. The current implementation of multi-techs is pretty bad IMO so I've never bothered with them. IMO we need a whole new tech architecture with some basic scripting functions like you find in the more sophisticated sandboxes out there (most of which also use Unity but somehow have none of TT's limitations). The ability to link techs together using triggers would be the way to go. I'm not gonna mince words here: this game needs a major rewrite if its ever going to achieve anything close to the vision I think they had originally. Simplicity is something I truly appreciate in a game's interface and usually its fundamental design elements too but TT has gone too far down that road in the pursuit of better performance and accesibility. The fact is that most sandboxers actually want a bit of complexity regardless of what level of challenge they enjoy.

Having posted that bit of hopefully constructive criticism...thanks for showcasing my little tech, Payloaders :)

Last edited:

burger1113

The only reason I can think that someone would need to submit a save is if multi-techs can't be part of a single snapshot, which might be the case for all I know. The current implementation of multi-techs is pretty bad IMO so I've never bothered with them.
Mostly, Save files are used so we can avoid the techs being showcased without some instructions carried out like charging batteries or whatever, I guess.
I'd personally say that multi techs are just simply not supported at the moment, and it's just people being creative and finding workarounds.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
I just have a few things to add: According to Matt's post, game saves are allowed, and indeed I was more or less required to use one because I submitted more than two techs. Most of the issues with loading save games was regretfully my fault because, without knowing, having had mods enabled had 'tainted' the save games I had submitted which made them unloadable. I wasn't really paying attention with loading Steam Workshop save games, but as far as I knew there was no problem loading proper vanilla saves, indeed ZeroGravitas' save was successfully loaded. It's true that multi-techs are not supported at all (except for bearings, linkages etc... hmmm) but if a MT wizard wants to show their MT magic, I personally don't see why they shouldn't. It was just unfortunate that the save game I submitted on behalf of DragonKing was also unloadable through no fault of the save game itself.

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I thought we would at least have in a tech(nician guest) this week so we could get some help with the workshop issue.
I do apologise, @burger1113. I don't know how, but we somehow managed to miss your techs two weeks in a row. That's my bad!

I'll be the first to admit that the past couple of Comm Cores have been a bit ropy. There were a few reasons behind this, some were out of our control, others weren't. We've obviously learned from this to make sure they don't happen again.

For the most part the Community Core streams have been ticking along nicely for the past few months.

We're going to start doing Comm Core every fortnight (2 weeks) to allow you guys and gals more time to build bigger and better things.

In the weeks that we aren't streaming Comm Core what sort of thing should we stream? Carry on with Co-op Campaign? Dev Stream?

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
I do apologise, @burger1113.

In the weeks that we aren't streaming Comm Core what sort of thing should we stream? Carry on with Co-op Campaign? Dev Stream?
Would the stream team ever consider playing multiplayer with members of the community? I understand it might raise problems, but there's a minigame myself, WhitePaw and QuackDuck have been working on which allows four people to play a form of hockey. I'll probably make a showcase video soonish so you guys at Payload can see what it's like. There's no problem at all if you think that's not possible, you are after all the Community Manager :D

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
In the weeks that we aren't streaming Comm Core what sort of thing should we stream?
General com-core fortnightly. Themed submission streams (enemiy population refreshes, etc) in between.;) I don't think we need more time to build 'bigger' - plenty of techs impractically massive already. If anything, smaller might be better...:p

Captain Load

General com-core fortnightly. Themed submission streams (enemiy population refreshes, etc) in between.;) I don't think we need more time to build 'bigger' - plenty of techs impractically massive already. If anything, smaller might be better...:p
I'd like to see a regular poll where the devs ask which of three ideas for new blocks or block changes players think should be pursued first. The choices could be a combo of personal dev desires and user wishes from the forums. The polls could even be like a bracket system where the current winning ideas compete against each other going forward. This might be useful for prioritizing dev time - after all, if you're actually working on stuff people say they care about then they can't very well complain later, right? The least popular ideas could safetly be put on indefinite hold which also conserves dev time. When the Payload staff got around to doing some work on the favorites they could be shown off in a stream and people could give constructive feedback. Of course the devs would put their own spin on these ideas and it would all be strictly mad science that might never see inclusion into TT. An idea consistently winning in the polls would not guarantee it getting into the game sooner.

TweakOPedia

The Bangarang (this version is in the 5x5x5 constraints) is a never ending series of techs i keep making, it collects resources, refines, and eats the wood as fuel and sells everything else. The Filter Silo holds fuel for the Mobile Furnace. Don't forget the PaceMaker!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1813236186
1563912644048.png

Status
Not open for further replies.