Mindless Dominion Techs

Mindlessmrawesome

The AFP Mk 3 MS variant is the only variant of the Aerial Fighter Plane that I have registered as an official M.D. plane. The other versions were made for the sole purpose of being cheap while good, and they achieved that, but they aren't exactly all too useful as they rely entirely upon conventional bullet weapons. The MS variant, however, actually has some autonomously guided missiles which can blow up a turret or an unguarded tech fairly easily. It also was able to blow up one of my drones that I use to dogfight my planes fairly easily as well. It only costs around 79K.
LORE: Prior to the invention of the AFP3 MS variant, the AFP had been commonly used as cheap pirate planes primarily used for hunting down lightly armored civilian targets. They made the perfect combat plane for those without enough block bucks to buy something expensive; they are incredibly durable, being able to fly with half their wings gone, very maneuverable, and had their own repair bubble, reducing their upkeep costs. Reports had even came in of pirate-owned AFP's flying away with only half their plane left.
Despite this, their military application was minimal due to the weapons of the AFP being limited to bullets only. Once the AFP3 MS started rolling off the lines, the early Mindless Dominion was able to mass-produce hundreds of them within days. They could easily slay their predecessors in any combat situation and made the skies much safer for civilians to pass through.

Mindlessmrawesome

The D078 Heavy Assault Drone:

The D072 HAD was a tech made for target practice using my other planes. It isn't the best designed thing in the world, but I wasn't trying to actually make a viable tech when I made this, just a bomber-looking thing so I could roleplay being a plane attacking a bomber. However it was surprising when I found out that it wrecked most things with ease in the creative mode, so I decided that maybe it could be used for more RP purposes.
LORE: The Drone 078 Heavy Assault Drone was originally a form of unmanned police used by the Mindless Dominion in the early stages of their colonization. Due to pirates and invaders becoming a common occurrence, the Mindless Dominion couldn't afford to dispatch a HAGP to each location, nor could the slower beast manage to get there before the damage was done and the attackers escaped. Early HAGPs also had some issues with getting over terrain. The D072, being able to reach speeds of 95 mph, made a faster and cheaper alternative heavy brawler to the HAGP, while also being able to traverse all terrain types. The unmanned aspect of the D072 also had a profound impact on the usage of them, popularizing them with the public and allowing them to become a staple of Mindless Dominion ingenuity, and at one point was even used by the HawkEye corporation as an advertisement for their parts.
Once the Mindless Dominion grew out of it's colonization stage and fast heavy military support was no longer needed, the D072 was repurposed for target practice by the Mindless Dominion airforce. The design and shape of the craft was similar to those of high-altitude bombers and made good examples of how to properly maneuver about one. It's cannon-riddled underside was replaced with bomb bays (to more accurately simulate a bomber) along with a good bit of batteries. Many shields and repair bubbles were also removed.

Mindlessmrawesome

The HawkEye Strike Bomber:

The HawkEye Strike Bomber (HESB) was the first bomber plane I had ever made. This staple of Mindless Dominion aerial dominance was a strike bomber/fighter, being able to evaporate ground targets with it's array of 12 cruise missiles in it's protected bomb bay chamber. It has an unusual amount of dogfighting weaponry which I put on there at the time because I wanted to be able to wreck everyone in multiplayer when it came out. Speaking of it's creation date... the original HESB was made right after Hawkeye came out. Of course I have heavily upgraded it and made all sorts of improvements to it, but the overall shape and design concept is the same. I keep it in the arsenal because it still works despite it's age.
One of the things that impresses me the most is this thing's ability to shrug off damage. Unless it gets hit in the batteries (which are shielded and repair bubble'd), it can easily absorb cannon rounds and cruise missiles. They rarely ever hit the payload since it's so far up the hole in the middle, and the wings are connected in a bajillion different ways so they don't fall off. It has a lot of redundancy with it's thrust as well, as you can quite clearly see from the snapshot.

LORE: The HESB was made as a proof of concept build when the original founders of the Mindless Dominion were planning their colonization and military operation. The original hawkeye railguns, being incredibly powerful, were successfully used in conjunction with Hawkeye lasers to illuminate an area where the payload would hit, and then the pilot would only need to tilt the plane in the right direction from hundreds of feet above their target and snipe them from above. Railgun HESBs were used in the original deforestation of the land where the Mindless Dominion colony would later set down upon, the high-penetration rounds able to shred through rock layers and cause avalanches that both revealed precious minerals and wiped out forests below. 28 of these planes were carried onboard the original Mindless Dominion colony ship. A famous legend of an unlucky pirate ship to fall before the Mindless Dominion colony ship circulates through Modern MD culture, the tale describing how the HESBs were able to shred the space junker fighters and then proceed to slice through the hull of the main ship like butter.
After the original colony was set up, some HESBs were modified to transport resources to construction sites without access to an SCU. Others had their weapons refitted to more powerful alternatives than railguns, since the Hawkeye corporation reduced the power of the weapons in favor of making them cheaper to manufacture. One of the variants proved to be far superior above the rest, and was made the new standard HESB model; the HESB Cruise Missile variant. This variant is used by the Mindless Dominion until this very day for assaulting heavily armored opponents, but is slowly being replaced by the SkyBender super-sonic fighter bombers.

Mindlessmrawesome

The SkyBender:

The M.D. SkyBender is my first jet aircraft since the ooold old days of the Mindless Dominion, long before the formation of the actual Dominion. It is technically a fighter/bomber, having a few anti-fighter missiles on it's front and an AA missile launcher tucked neatly between it's tailwings (you can barely see it from the snapshot). However this thing is more meant as a strike aircraft in that it flies around and cruise missile's targets from long range, long before the SkyBender ever actually gets into range of the target's cannons. It comes with a pair of droptanks/extra thrusters that help it to get to places faster that can be dropped during combat and collected later. It's shielding is focused on the front and the back, but in the middle there lies a small weakpoint that almost nothing ever hits. I compensated that weakpoint with a venture repair bubble.
While it has battery life, the SkyBender is quite hard to take down. I have yet to make it more durable after death but it is on my to-do list. Right now it serves as a better, faster, and deadlier version of the HESB CMS.
LORE: The SkyBender is a relatively recent invention of the Mindless Dominion. It's use in combat has undergone major testing, and has been proven to be quite deadly against larger, slower targets. The SkyBender is slowly replacing the old HESBs, as they are significantly cheaper and easier to produce than their larger counterparts.
Despite the Dominion's rigorous testing, the SkyBenders have not been majorly used in recent history. Once a rogue transport plane was detected over MD airspace and a SkyBender was launched, which directed it back onto course with no questions asked. The intentions of the pilot's course were unknown.
The SkyBender was made in mass when the Mindless Dominion first made it's presence known to the world, along with other military vehicles. The twin cockpit design and pito-tube was developed by a man by the name of Johnathon Tueller. Upon the date of this article being written, the Mindless Dominion has 50 active SkyBenders, all with drop tanks. To what or when they will be used is unknown.