Mega Tech Competition 2018 [FINISHED]

Zeena

Yoooo boys and girls, this is possibly going to be the biggest Tech making competition of the year, so you better listen up!

We're looking for certain types of Techs for a special project, and we're giving you the chance to make your Tech the star of the show.

RULES:

1. No EXP blocks/R&D
  2. No oversized Techs, aka no lag-inducing monsters
  3. No previously submitted Techs - only fresh & new stuff!
  4. Snapshots only - or optimally placed game saves if there are multitechs (somewhere scenic and cool)
  5. You've got to fulfil all Tech specs for it to be considered! We ask for no flamethrowers and you put them in? IT'S IN THE BIN. p.s. mercy will be shown.
  6. pls have fun :) tonytony
  7. Use a range of blocks!!

The main thing to take away is: interpret these however you'd like. There isn't a typical look we're going for - we fully encourage you if you want to put a bit of a twist on your design! But obvz keep to the basic requirements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tech #1: The Unpowered Glider

Make a glider that refuses to take a nosedive when left to glide & only uses propellors/boosters to take off.

Tech #2: The Inoffensive Bomber

A compact bomber plane that is a breeze to control, looks stylish with not too many weapons on show, but still packs a punch.

Tech #3: Willy Wonka's Crafting Machine

I want some magic up in here! Cool contours, unexpected features, and a whole mix up of bits and bobs. Note: it still needs to be useful.

Tech #4: Elon Musk's RoadsTTer

We're looking for something sleek, cool, efficient, fast -- but not an actual model of a car.

Tech #5: Walking With DinoTechs

Okay, not literally dinos, but instead big and wondrous machines that might as well be from those prehistoric times! Again, refer to rule #2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

DEADLINE: It'd be ideal to have your submissions by 1st March @
10 am GMT. Anything posted after this date might be considered but it's not guaranteed.

The winners will see their Techs in the special project, and we will also showcase all of the Techs live on stream (depending on how many are submitted) - further info on that coming soon™.

tonytony Good luck! tonytony

p.s. there is no limit on the number of submissions you post!

Last edited:

Jaime

No Exp blocks and no RnD? :(:confused:

Tech #1 and Tech #2 in one Aircraft.
Press X to uncouple the Glider from the Bomber:

Snapshot:
1_2_GliderBomber05.png

Youtube:

Tech #1:
1_Glider 03.png
Tech #2:
2_Bomber04 .png

Last edited:
Website
duckduckgo.com
Here is my submission for category #4, the
TORPEDO
Torpedo.png
You never said the car can't fly :D

Criteria fitted:
Sleek - As sleek as it can be
Cool - Very cool, open topped for extra coolness while driving
Efficient - Passes terrain with ease
Fast - Top speed of ~90mph
Not an actual model of a car - I don't think anyone has made an actual anti-gravity hovercar yet

Note: Car is hard to control and twitches randomly because hovers. It looks cool though.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
That's not what I expected when I saw mega tech competition ;).
I had a monster in mind until I saw the rules :(.

Have a good one [8D)

Here is my submission for category #4, the
TORPEDO
View attachment 20551
You never said the car can't fly :D

Criteria fitted:
Sleek - As sleek as it can be
Cool - Very cool, open topped for extra coolness while driving
Efficient - Passes terrain with ease
Fast - Top speed of ~90mph
Not an actual model of a car - I don't think anyone has made an actual anti-gravity hovercar yet

Note: Car is hard to control and twitches randomly because hovers. It looks cool though.
I was gonna do that :p
But it's still dank.

I'll put the contest on hold until the new update comes out. Meanwhile, I'll play *cough* Roblox *cough*.

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com
I made something that might fall under #2 Adavanced Bomber.png
It's called "Advanced Bomber"
Adavanced Flier.png
Advanced Bomber was made from the Advanced Flier.
Use the flier.
(put rockets if bombs disappear when spawned (only useful while bomb is in R&D since, "Bomber")
edit, bomber not for use here. use advanced flier instead for another category.
(I might fix the bomber by throwing the bombs away and putting missiles.)

Last edited:

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
New version that is suitable:
B 29 V4.png
Since the US Air Force has run out of the big 2000lb bombs, a modification to the bomb bay has been made. There are now two separate bomb bays that drop small 100lb bombs. The spreading of freedom still continues at the same rate

Please ignore the last submission

I made something that might fall under #2 View attachment 20558
It's called "Advanced Bomber"
View attachment 20559
Advanced Bomber was made from the Advanced Flier.
(put rockets if bombs disappear when spawned (only useful while bomb is in R&D since, "Bomber")
Nice tech, check the first rule. No EXP blocks allowed. They can still use EXP blocks as they don't disappear for them, but will probably ignore it because they won't put rockets on themselves.

Best if you add it on yourself, and remove the first tech.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
New version that is suitable:
View attachment 20560
Since the US Air Force has run out of the big 2000lb bombs, a modification to the bomb bay has been made. There are now two separate bomb bays that drop small 100lb bombs. The spreading of freedom still continues at the same rate

Please ignore the last submission
Sadly, wheels. Again, sorry about that.

Tech #2: The Inoffensive Bomber

A compact bomber plane that is a breeze to control, looks stylish with not too many weapons on show, but still packs a punch.

Scale :: 1-10 (10 being the best!)

Handling :: 9 :: It can turn on a dime and barrel roll with ease!

Armor :: 1 :: Has no armor but it makes up for the lack of protection with speed and agility.

Weaponry :: 10 :: With 2 Hawkeye Cruise Missile in tow, this aircraft can do some serious damage to any prospector not properly fortified.

Speed :: 10 :: Clocking in speeds of over 100mph this aircraft can get you in and out of an incoming invaders range before their shields have time to even charge!

Style Points :: 10 :: With such a small form factor and relatively inexpensive parts list, one could have a fleet of these for less and not break a sweat if you were taking down. In the rare chance that that would happen of course! ;)

screen13.png