Mega Bases

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
Bases in TerraTech are only useful for crafters. They are often complex and require separate defense turrets to protect them. Charging bases can take time to charge larger techs, and there is no way to dock the tech for protection. Enter the Mega Base. For simplicity's sake I will call it a Base rather than a Mega Base. Bases are anchored super techs that do not have a cab. The Base is held together by the Base Core which is the only anchor on the Base. Bases have double the build limit of a regular tech. Once placed, Bases can NEVER be moved except by sucking the entire thing into the SCU. Different modules serve different purposes. This could spawn a whole host of new capture base missions!
GSO Base Core:
The GSO Base Core is 30x30x12. every minute it will instantly create the equivalent charge of one GSO battery, but its special ability is to generate at double speed during the day. Every minute it has a 50% chance to create a random resource chunk and store it at a silo at the rear. It has a built in shield and repair bubble. Its power capacity is 30 GSO Batteries. The yellow bar on the right side indicates the progress before a burst of energy production. The cone at the top is a locator beacon.Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.15 - 13.19.27.48.png

GSO Solar Farm:
The solar farm generates power at 25 times the rate of a GSO solar panel and stores 100 GSO batteries worth of power. The blue bars indicate how full it is with a slow filling bar instead of blinky lights.Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.15 - 13.19.40.99.png

GSO Base Defense Cannon:
This cannon autonomously targets and shoots all enemies within 50 100 meters of itself and its targeting is independent of all other defense weapons with the range centered around the weapon rather than the core. Base size is 10x10, barrel is 7.5 meters long.Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.15 - 13.19.53.35.png
More blocks coming soon...

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
Wave 2!
Better Future Long-Distance SCU Transporter:
A large transport device that can send techs over long distances using SCU technology, but techs larger than the transporter can risk minor block damage.Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.16 - 14.05.41.70.png
Better Future Base Mega Charger:
A large wireless charger that rapidly emits very large arcs to quickly charge large techs. When the empty capacity is smaller than the size of the arc it will use 2 sizes of smaller arcs to precisely top off the batteries.Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.16 - 14.04.08.96.png
Hawkeye Fortress Mega Bay Door:
A gargantuan door that opens to a 50x50 opening, with the central plates being composed of nearly 5 meters of solid Titanic Alloy, making nearly impenetrable. Frame is 75 blocks wide and 62.5 blocks tall.Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.16 - 14.11.04.90.png

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
Jan 18, 2019
How about a Geocorp mantle miner. It is huge at 30 by 30 blocks, but it can extract both plumbite and titanite from the planets mantle, the exact stats would be up to you though.

NovaKamikazi

Jun 17, 2019
It would see that many of these would be one block structures. Are they, or do you plan on having them build them in stages, like from bottom up instead of just placing one block for the entire module?

Reactions: Seth_Seth

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
It would see that many of these would be one block structures. Are they, or do you plan on having them build them in stages, like from bottom up instead of just placing one block for the entire module?
All modules would be incapable of anchoring and would attach to the core or any modules attached to the core. They would be single block but having to build a multiblock would be interesting as well.

NovaKamikazi

Jun 17, 2019
All modules would be incapable of anchoring and would attach to the core or any modules attached to the core. They would be single block but having to build a multiblock would be interesting as well.
I'm sorry, what I mean is what about the Hawkeye door? That's what I was talking about.

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
I'm sorry, what I mean is what about the Hawkeye door? That's what I was talking about.
It would be a single blocks that opens in the manner shown in the image, its large size requires the expanded build limit associated with the bases bu it would indeed be one singular block.
(Am I missing the question again? You are being slightly confusing.)