Mecanum wheels stuck

Epic afdc

Mar 8, 2016
Mecanum wheels cannot get grip on this little lip in the Reticule Research lab mission. With the lasers.

Also a second bug. When you place the mecanum wheels on the front of a tech, they are unable to travel forwards.

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
Mecanum wheels should work regardless of placement, I hope this limitation is not intentional and just a temporary bug.

Fixing that bug will enable omniwheels such as screw propulsion wheels, which would be placed on the sides of a tech and rotate in the Z axis instead of X axis as normal wheels do. But you would be able to use it as rollers too, by placing the screws at the front and back of a tech; currently that's the only possible omniwheel implementation of it, again due to these mecanum wheels limitation.

Reactions: Aardvark123

Sammi

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oct 9, 2017
Thanks for reporting this is @Epic afdc
I went ahead and logged the issue with the ramps which should hopefully be fixed soon!
I also tried reproducing the issue about attaching the wheels to the front of a tech. So far it's working okay on my end. Do you have any further info that could help? Thanks!

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
It does not work in current unstable version, is your internal build different?

I am pressing W, it won't move.

1592841310249.png

Epic afdc

Mar 8, 2016
Thanks for reporting this is @Epic afdc
I went ahead and logged the issue with the ramps which should hopefully be fixed soon!
I also tried reproducing the issue about attaching the wheels to the front of a tech. So far it's working okay on my end. Do you have any further info that could help? Thanks!
If you put the mecanum wheels on the front and back of your tech and nowhere else, the tech cannot move forwards and backwards.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Thanks guys, I just got this repeated, we'll see if we can get them to work in the way you describe.

Reactions: Rafs

Rafs

Apr 4, 2019
Thank you, this will be awesome if it works! The mecanum wheel will be 100% omnidirectional :D