Max Speed

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Baconus_Yum, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Darkdc119

Darkdc119 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

then how acording to you can you calculate any speed of any wheel without any power ?????????

A riminder
    Newton's first law
    "The first law states that if the net force (the vector sum of all forces acting on an object) is zero, then the velocity of the object is constant. Velocity is a vector quantity which expresses both the object's speed and the direction of its motion; therefore, the statement that the object's velocity is constant is a statement that both its speed and the direction of its motion are constant"

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. Baconus_Yum

Baconus_Yum Administrator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator Sumo - GSO Sumo - GeoCorp Sumo - Hawkeye Lemon Kingdom

What I mean is you cannot use thrust from the boosters to calculate raw wheel speed.

3. Darkdc119

i do not disagree but the cab is also a power just like a boost er and a fan and a jet so we must determent the difrence of them not the power itself but only the wheel .

4. Baconus_Yum

Baconus_Yum Administrator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator Sumo - GSO Sumo - GeoCorp Sumo - Hawkeye Lemon Kingdom

The power of the cab is not in this. It in not needed, unless we are testing the cab.

5. Darkdc119

hope your not mad or angry because that is not my intention i just want to point out that any power can be used we only need to reconsider that any block can boost or slow down the wheel it is determent by terrain , power , weight , mass and configuration . I do not say oh look i use a jet and there for its faster then your cab , because that is completely nonsense , of course the jet is faster , but it is the difference of the speed of all of them together that needs to abstract from each other to get the real "speed"

(Sorry for my English its not my first language)

6. Darkdc119

This is what I mean :
    your result
    zoomer 72 MPH
    Globbe 85 MPH
    Springer 96 MPH

My results :
    Zoomer 172 MPH
    Gobbe 165 MPH
    Springger 150 MPH

combined results remove mass , weight , configuration and power ;
    end results
    Zoomer 172 - 72 = 100 MPH
    Globbe 165 - 85 = 80 MPH
    Springer 150 - 96 = 54 MPH

Conclusion Zoomer is faster globbe is second springer has the lowest results
    (BTW this is not entirely correct because we use two different configurations but the end result should be the same )

7. Fire Sire

Fire Sire Active Member

A: any wheels put onto a gso or any cab for that matter render cabs wheels USELESS. they CANNOT TOUCH THE GROUND. aka no "power"
    B: I can stick gso little trekker wheels to a massive rocket that goes along the ground, and claim gso trekker wheels are the fastest by that logic
    C: Baconus was right in this case. He used IDENTICAL techs with just different wheels to test the speed. This eleminates the need to "Average the two measurements" because the techs are the exact same

D: However Dark I will give you one thing, When it comes to boosters, a zoomer wheel would be the best due to less ground clearance thus lower center of mass and less wobble.

TL;DR Baconus was right on speed measurements, however your booster effectiveness measurements were also correct. However for raw speed, unaided by any outside help, Baconus has it correct.

Now I'm in no way hating on you dark. Even if you know it or not you did help calculate the best wheels to use with boosters. However ask yourself this. Why would venture, an all speed, run and gun company, make a more expensive, larger, and higher grade wheel (springer) slower than the most basic venture wheel (zoomer) it just doesnt add up

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  8. Pink Kitty

Pink Kitty Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

@Darkdc119 Your logic is flawed.

And putting boosters on things to go faster, is not news.
    And while swapping fans for boosters will make your vehicle faster in spurts, it won't make i faster over all.
    For that, you need fans or props.

Also, you have it backward for wheels and boosters.
    The wheels get in the way, more or less for each wheel, of the speed of the boosters.
    To test, rip off the wheels, and see how fast it goes. Use hover plates.

How i think it works:
    Each wheel type has a power and a grip.
    More powerful and higher grip wheels can make a given weight go faster, up to the max speed of the wheel.
    However, when the wheel is forced past it's max speed, by boosters and fans, it resists.
    And thus the stronger wheels will be slower with boosters than weaker.

This has top be balanced against the power provided by the wheel, so the fastest combo is likely to be the fastest and weakest wheel, with boosters.

Which without even checking, would be the zoomer.
    I also calculate that for a vehicle with sufficient wheels to approach full speed without boosters, adding wheels will slow you down.

9. Pink Kitty

Pink Kitty Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Yup. Just tested it.

More wheels = Slower, when boosting.

10. Darkdc119

Are we still talking about the speed of a wheel or the fastest block that can help makes the wheel going faster .
    Because i had the impression that the wheel was the topic of "max speed" not a power block (fan,booster,Jet,spoiler etc) i only use the Jet as an example of the difference how fast it could go and the results is needed to calculate the speed of the wheel ( what i explained before) .
    I feel that people still think that i`m am calculating the speed of the jet but i`m not .So if i need to calculate the speed of the wheel i need all of the results of any same configuration , mass , (etc) to measure the total speed , wheel A needs to be tested with jet and wheel A need to be tested with GSO boosters , wheel A needs to be tested with Fan and also with different corp blocks .....if all these test are complete then we calculate how max speed wheel A can go not the fan not the jet not boosters this is what i mean. All others blocks can manipulate the speed go faster or slower like weight etc .

I don`t know how i can explain it better ( i`m foreign so don`t hate me :p) .

( BTW i think this is a good topic and a good discussion and i hope nobody things wrong about each other i`m always thinking i am hurting some one in the process or vice versa . )

Sorry pink i did not say anything about multiplied wheels .

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  11. Darkdc119

Please read before you put words in to my mouth .

Pink Kitty said ; "And putting boosters on things to go faster, is not news."
    Darkdc119 said to Baconus_Yum ; "I do not say oh look i use a jet and there for its faster then your cab , because that is completely nonsense , of course the jet is faster"

Pink Kitty said ; "And while swapping fans for boosters will make your vehicle faster in spurts, it won't make i faster over all.For that, you need fans or props."
    i did not say that either ; "All others blocks can manipulate the speed go faster or slower like weight etc ."

12. Darkdc119

that is exactly what i tried to say more wheels ( more weight) = Slower , when boosting ( reduced the speed )

Any block can manipulate the speed give it more boosting by extra gso boosters ( more weight = reducing speed , extra booster = extra speed , configuration is different so balance will play a roll to distribute weight)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016