Max speed?

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by n2galactic, Sep 7, 2018.

1. n2galactic

n2galactic Spammer of Megatons

So I was in Creative trying to make a supersonic tech, and my method of doing so was a light frame of Venture blocks supporting 6 Venture hoverpads all facing wheels. (That's passive forward thrust, for those of you who didn't know.) I let it loose and it got a mere 200 mph on the ground and about 190 in the air. These are similar numbers I tend to see on the fastest of my thrustered racecars, so does that mean the maximum speed is 200 mph?

Edit: I forgot to mention that 200 mph is drastically lower than expectations based on previous Venture passive thruster experiments.

2. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

200mph is not the speed limit. There are some techs which are just sticks of helicopter blades on a cab which can go up to 250-300mph. You can also get even higher speeds by modding the game.

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  3. Saelem Black

Saelem Black Member

You can find a motorcycle style tech I built on my thread in the tech section (shameless plug). It goes 239 mph as a ground tech. Now I need to design a plane that can go that fast...

Now for some actually useful information, heh. Contrary to what it might seem, hover pads facing down do not increase a tech's max speed as far as I can tell. However, their added weight will actually slow you down.

Wheel blocks have a max speed associated with them which is reduced based on the weight on your tech. The fastest are the venture springer wheels which are around 115 mph. To get faster, you have to add flight blocks, either propellers or rocket boosters. I haven't been able to determine if these have a max speed associated with them, but after a certain point, they begin to add exponentially less. I've been able to max out a pod-racer looking thing made of hawkeye fans at about 154 mph. (it was basically just a cab and like 18-20 fans).

#3 Saelem Black, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

I believe someone posted a tech that went around 309Mph. But it's literally composed of a cab, some brackets, and two thrusters.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

Here it is.......

May, 2017.........

Being @Zargn and @earthdragon13

LINKING THE TEXTILES!!!!!

5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Heh, I hadn't seen this thread before posting my ComCore for next week...

NotExactlyHero likes this.
  6. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} [REDACTED]

The problem with that tech is that it can only stay at its top speed for a fraction of a second.

If you want the maximum sustained speed, I'm 99% sure it's either 270 or 273 mph, which was found when I tried stacking dozens of Hawkeye rotors on top of a single GSO cab. But good luck trying to get to that speed with a tech that's actually usable or even controllable!

7. GKJ

GKJ Well-Known Member

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~FAST~~~~
    1404.jpg

8. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist