Max height in TerraTech?

SUPERMECHM500

Music Creator
Mar 1, 2019
Mechanising the world
www.youtube.com
I have been having this Idea to make a hover base with anti-grav in the sky with sky anchor. I want it to be as high as possible with linear motion machine keeping it up. When I want to access it, I get directly under it and double-click it (because you can switch to another tech pretty far away) and bring it down for resource loading or for moving. It does hover on the ground so yeah, great idea.

1: What is the max height of the game? (I heard max tech height is 64y, but thats tech height, not world height)
2: If there is one, what is max height for the Sky Anchor?
3: Can I deploy the Sky Anchor at max height and not get pulled down?

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Apr 9, 2017
Anywhere and Everywhere
www.khanacademy.org
The sky anchor only deploys at around 200 blocks above the surface. It pull gets stronger the further you get away from it. This means you can't get high up into the sky, so you don't have to worry about the world height. However, you can still move upwards with the sky anchor deployed. Certainly not to a sizeable distance though.

Reactions: SUPERMECHM500

_Kaasblokje_

Jul 29, 2018
Like most (if not all) 3d games, there is no max height unless the devs code in a wall in the sky (or "floor" ) to make sure you cannot go higher, this isn't the case in TerraTech, so you can go as high as you want.
Like all 3d games, the game does get glitchier and glitchier the higher or lower you go, eventually the world starts "Melting" around you which is pretty cool.

Reactions: SUPERMECHM500

Comrade Commie

Jul 19, 2018
Like most (if not all) 3d games, there is no max height unless the devs code in a wall in the sky (or "floor" ) to make sure you cannot go higher, this isn't the case in TerraTech, so you can go as high as you want.
Like all 3d games, the game does get glitchier and glitchier the higher or lower you go, eventually the world starts "Melting" around you which is pretty cool.
hello i would like to see a melting terratech world