Market re-structuring! - New bubble prices

Wassaup

I just want to start by saying, how grateful I am, for lowering the prices of the venture bubble generators! Their performance is good, even great, but their small size made them difficult to utilize on anything, but the tiniest builds.

With that said, I'm not too keen on the new prices for the other bubbles mentioned in the patch notes:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/285920/allnews/

The BF repair bubble is fine, actually. The raise is barely noticeable.
Now, the HE a GC bubbles are far more questionable, 'cause, while the're big and cover a lot of blocks, the're also weak and slow. This almost double/ more than double pricing is quiet harsh, especially without boosting their performance. Still, it's mid- to late-game stuff, so it's not a tragedy.
What is a tragedy, is the GSO!
This is super early-game stuff, we're talking here. The early game is the hardest part of the campaign, because you're struggling to get anything. You're weak in both offence and defense, plus you can't craft. Saving up money to buy stuff from the trade station is hard already, but now, it'll be absolutely savage. The +50% for the shield is already cruel, but the repair bubble costing more than five times it's original price is outrageous! And yes, you get two repair bubbles in the prologue, but that only gets you so far. You have to get them from enemy drops and seeing how fragile these blocks are, that's a tall order. And if you loose them in a fight, you're kinda boned!
So please, if you're gonna change just one thing, lower the price of the GSO repair bubble significantly! Don't make the early-game more painful, than it has to be!

Thank you, for reading.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
The +50% for the shield is already cruel, but the repair bubble costing more than five times it's original price is outrageous!
Oh woah, I'd not noticed just how much that had gone up!

I've got to assume that @zanzistar has thought through the early game implications of this fairly carefully, because the start of the game has always been a focus for polish (as that's as far as most players ever get, if they play at all, so impressions there are important).

So I'd guess it's intended to make buying bubbles totally impractical (they were already relatively expensive, early on). Forcing players to depend on salvage and crates. Which isn't too bad. (I doubt it would be enough to push anyone into crafting, but this is potentially a small added motivator for that.)

But It doesn't seem, to me, to fit entirely with the trend (previously) of changes that make early game (even) easier and more accessible... (Shrug.)

I think blocks are 3 times the price of resources and components they are made out of
Indeed. And so the game designers decide on an approximate price and then work backwarsd to create a recipe that gets close to it.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Oh woah, I'd not noticed just how much that had gone up!

I've got to assume that @zanzistar has thought through the early game implications of this fairly carefully, because the start of the game has always been a focus for polish (as that's as far as most players ever get, if they play at all, so impressions there are important).

So I'd guess it's intended to make buying bubbles totally impractical (they were already relatively expensive, early on). Forcing players to depend on salvage and crates. Which isn't too bad. (I doubt it would be enough to push anyone into crafting, but this is potentially a small added motivator for that.)

But It doesn't seem, to me, to fit entirely with the trend (previously) of changes that make early game (even) easier and more accessible... (Shrug.)

Indeed. And so the game designers decide on an approximate price and then work backwarsd to create a recipe that gets close to it.
So when I inevitably die in my next campaign play through I won't be able to buy any bubbles! Just lovely! Absolutely smashing, one might say!