Many problems with factory blocks

Lallante

I often find conveyor loops which used to work perfectly sometimes simply stop advancing items until hard-reset by breaking and re-placing.

I also find that when conveyors meet in a cross or T junction, rather than any useful emergent behaviour, the whole thing just stops conveying. Wiki claims a T junction with a loop and another conveyor meeting it will cause that last conveyor to "insert" into the loop...but I've never got this to work with ordinary conveyors (works fine when the inserting conveyor is a filter conveyor though).

Similarly silos - sometimes they work and suck in all resources (of one type) passing them on a conveyor loops...and sometimes they sit idle and do nothing. Certain resources never work with them (e.g. fuel oil), but even ones that work sometimes simply dont. Four-silos barely ever work properly - they can suck resources into their front spot or sometimes front two spot, but I can never get the back two spots to fill up automatically. Its also not clear if you are supposed to be able to store multiple different resources in a silo or not - videos show it happening but it never works for me.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
the conveyer behavour was changed since 0.62 to the current mess, to force a conveyer join you now have to use a filter at the point of join, and regards the silos, after 0.6.2 I have stopped using them as there is no block that can draw from them (at least pre 0.6.5 have not tested in 0.6.5 yet)

Lallante

Ah ok. I see from the roadmap that after the AI change this will all be overhauled so I'll just wait for that