Many bugs [No missions. Music breaks.]

Erron2005

1: trade station not giving me any missions it says scanning the area even if i cant get any, its near impossible to get missions so you cant progress.

2: the music bugs and glitches out and after a white it just goes silent and there is no sounds at all and you need to go back into the main menu to fix it and also btw these are all campaign bugs, thank you for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
1: trade station not giving me any missions
Assuming you waited until morning and/or tried other trade stations, that sounds like this bug (are you on Mac OS too, by any chance?): https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/1-1-mac-missions-stopped-existing.18883/

2: @ZeroGravitas any clue what this is?
No idea. I don't recall the music ever glitching paticularly. Only the sound effects in various ways (although many people will have the mucis off, I guess).

Worth (backing up your save games and snapshots and) verifying the game install:
Verify integrity of game cache using the following steps:
  1. In Steam > Library, right-click on TerraTech
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select Local Files tab
  4. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache
Then trying a full game uninstall and re-install if that finds no issue. Checking all your drivers are up to date, particularly graphics (and sound, given context). Can't think of much else from the dev's troubleshooting FAQ that's likely to help...

Also, try to report 1 bug per thread in future. It'll help the devs keep all the relevant information in one place (e.g. by merging posts to relevant threads if you've missed an existing report and avoid talking about 2 different things in one place). Ta.:)

Zorgomol

Not a Number
2: Also mentioned here .... I just checked if it was the sound device, but the crackling started even faster on the "NVidia high definition audio" (over HDMI) than "Realtek High Definition Audio", (the motherboard audio out) so I think it is something else.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com

Zorgomol

Not a Number
Interestingly, a while ago there was a sticky sound effect lingering around. Every time I went to check a specific autominer installation I heard the deactivation clatter of Hawkeye heavy mortar. I did some fighting with a tech that had some in the area earlier, but that was nowhere nearby.

The phenomenon did not linger around after saving and loading though, unsurprisingly.