• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something similar

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Mindlessmrawesome

so instead of you tryn to adjust your page up and page down to make your lift just right, I had an idea for an alternative.

maybe add a block similar to the GSO fuel/power gauge that does this

On the right: A slider that you can adjust up and down by clicking and dragging the slider. The percentage on the slider itself is the actual percent you are at (it changes as you slide). If you drag it all the way to the top, it puts your lift at 100% (maybe there should be a little bit of a speed-up time for the lift to get to whatever percentage you set it to). At the top is the auto bar with a check box.

On the left: this is what it would theoretically look like when you check the auto box. What the auto box will do is get the altitude you clicked it at, then automatically adjust the lift to get the tech to that height. The slider will be greyed out as player input isn't required (and will mess with the automatic function) and will not be able to be clicked or dragged around by the player until he unchecks the auto box. The slider will constantly be moving up and down when the auto box is checked as the tech increases and decreases lift to get to the set height.

Now the auto height feature will be tricky to get working as gravity isn't universal on all techs (hoverbug, anti-grav) so you can't have a universal constant. What I suggest is to make the thrust exponentially decrease/increase as the tech gets closer and closer to the designated altitude. It should also take into account upwards and downwards acceleration when automatically adjusting so something that is hoverbugged so much that it barely falls won't be launched into the air when it falls back down past the set altitude. If you do add a speed-up time to the lift, that will have to be included in the equation also.

Of course, you can always still use page up and page down to control your altitude, but this gives players with sensitive techs a better way to control theirs.

Last edited:

Mindlessmrawesome

I may actually be able to make a mod that does this now that I think about it... just need to find the stuff for rotorspeed.