"Mad Max" Textures Option - Overlay Corrosion on Parts

Should there be an option in settings to make parts look worn out depending on the corporation?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WarChallenger

Aug 14, 2018
I know how difficult it is to completely re-imagine artwork. I draw with a digital tablet in 2D all the time, and I know it can take hours just to do one image. However, what if there was an option to overlay a rust filter onto the blocks? I would think after years and years on a desolate planet, the pieces being recycled non-stop would at least have some form of oxidization. Perhaps it can be something like this:

GSO - Light rust over the white and gray paint, not much corrosion.
GeoCorp - Heavy rust. Industrial machinery tends to corrode because of how it's used.
Venture - Almost nothing. Maybe some light scratching on blocks and cracks in glass.
Hawkeye - Military equipment gets blown to bits countless times. Possibly heavy scratching and scorch marks.

To clarify, this would be a toggled option in the settings menu rather than a forced feature.

Lost Ninja

Jul 17, 2015
Yorkshire Dales under a rock.
My understanding is that they can't do overlays/skins easily. Though as both consoles appear to be being given skins maybe that has changed. And I'm not 100% sure that they are "skins" and not just blocks that look different (based on some stuff I've seen).

But I'm all for this if they can do it because more options are always good... except for hats obviously, no game needs hats.

Reactions: AstraTheDragon

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Apr 9, 2017
Anywhere and Everywhere
www.khanacademy.org
But I'm all for this if they can do it because more options are always good... except for hats obviously, no game needs hats.
What if they're really cool hats?

I know how difficult it is to completely re-imagine artwork. I draw with a digital tablet in 2D all the time, and I know it can take hours just to do one image. However, what if there was an option to overlay a rust filter onto the blocks? I would think after years and years on a desolate planet, the pieces being recycled non-stop would at least have some form of oxidization. Perhaps it can be something like this:

GSO - Light rust over the white and gray paint, not much corrosion.
GeoCorp - Heavy rust. Industrial machinery tends to corrode because of how it's used.
Venture - Almost nothing. Maybe some light scratching on blocks and cracks in glass.
Hawkeye - Military equipment gets blown to bits countless times. Possibly heavy scratching and scorch marks.

To clarify, this would be a toggled option in the settings menu rather than a forced feature.
I like this idea. I guess they can just change a *few* pixels, making rusty blocks. This idea could also just be put into Space Junkers, if the devs don't wanna/can't invest the time to change all those blocks. Cause that is a lot of blocks.