Low FPS, low gpu and cpu usage?

kyle112

My FPS are so low. It's 60 and then drops immediately to 12 - 8 fps even when firing some weapons in multiplayer or creative or campaign. My usage averages 11 - 20% and I'm using a Ryzen 5 2600 and a 1070.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey. How many weapons we talking here? Can you upload an example tech snapshot, save, video or screen shot of it in action?

Obviously if you had 30 avalanche/cluster missile launchers, all that guided spam will hit performance. It won't ever max out GPU and probably only one CPU core, so you won't see high hardware usage, generally.

I've seen little unexplained FPS dips here and there too. How long are we talking for?

Another thing that totally destroys performance for a little bit is opening the tech loader's Steam tab (while it loads and converts the snapshots).

kyle112

Sudden drop to 1, climbs back up to 10 then drops to 2, climbs higher and drops. It does this repeatedly

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the shots. I wasn't asking for proof of FPS, just wanted to see the whole context of what's going on when it happens. So that looks like co-op creative. Are there other people in with other techs? Are you host or guest? Or does this happen in all modes *all* the time?

I'll move this thread to the bugs section, just in case the devs ever start responding to bug reports again. They might well ask for you to upload a log file and dxdiag.exe output file, as described here: https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...ing-guidelines-and-template.17193/post-121425

kyle112

This happens in all modes all the time, and I don't know if that happens to other people as I'm busy lagging myself out of existence lol. And yeah, it's coop creative and the guest.

Spiky

try using task manager and give the launcher a bigger priority or go to steam and when typing in the launch options type -high that might work