Locking MultiTech Connections || Motorizing moving parts

Yes?

• Total voters

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
An idea that I have, that (wouldn't you believe it) requires code work. I want it to be a suggestion, but I already see it getting buried by other things and possibly never addressed, added that moving parts on techs has been denied before, so I'm going to try and see if I can pull it off.

TheAlmightyBread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria
Website
en.wikipedia.org
An idea that I have, that (wouldn't you believe it) requires code work. I want it to be a suggestion, but I already see it getting buried by other things and possibly never addressed, added that moving parts on techs has been denied before, so I'm going to try and see if I can pull it off.
Sounds good but other than a turret thing what are you going to make?

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
'CMON! SHOW THE DEVS YOU CAN DO IT!!! JUST LIKE YOU DID WITH WATAR!!!!

Fehn

Artificial and Intelligent
Sooooo... would it be something along the lines of forcing the parts to do the thing, rather than finding a physics solution? Like my 'Possible Solution for Pistons and Bearings' that I posted a while ago.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Sooooo... would it be something along the lines of forcing the parts to do the thing, rather than finding a physics solution? Like my 'Possible Solution for Pistons and Bearings' that I posted a while ago.
It would be more of ensuring that jointed parts remain jointed and don't jump out unexpectedly. And for making some of them (probably only the big ring things) act like a servo, or in better words, like how anchors rotate.
Also I would like to see that solution thread you made @Fehn , please.

'CMON! SHOW THE DEVS YOU CAN DO IT!!! JUST LIKE YOU DID WITH WATAR!!!!

Last edited:

Fehn

Artificial and Intelligent
It would be more of ensuring that jointed parts remain jointed and don't jump out unexpectedly. And for making some of them (probably only the big ring things) act like a servo, or in better words, like how anchors rotate.
Also I would like to see that solution thread you made @Fehn , please.

I found it.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
How long would it take to make axles and bearings intersect when building a tech? Xp
I'd have to go over how block placing works and somehow deny the existence of trailer blocks for intersection, but also accept it's existence for placing the blocks *on* it. Something that is much more complicated, and would involve me diving into AP generation. Something I don't really want to do, based on past experience...
I am going to have it so that tech blocks that come in contact with the right other block merge though, so that should fix it, mostly.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I'd have to go over how block placing works and somehow deny the existence of trailer blocks for intersection, but also accept it's existence for placing the blocks *on* it. Something that is much more complicated, and would involve me diving into AP generation. Something I don't really want to do, based on past experience...
I am going to have it so that tech blocks that come in contact with the right other block merge though, so that should fix it, mostly.
How about making it like an explosive bolt that rather than turning into nothing turns into 2 different blocks upon pressing X?

Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels

S H I N Y Mad Scientist
So we can drop one block onto another, and poof they connect?

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Fixed bearings are poppin' & lockin'

(There's actually quite a lot of different stuff going on in the background to allow for this to happen properly.
I'm quite surprised it's working with the complexity of it.)

And here's a powerful big boy, controlled by the left and right arrow keys.

Last one for the night!

Now that I have all these, I'm going to squeeze it in to the game. Shouldn't be too hard now...
Well, goodnight.

Last edited: