Lock/Unlock Block Placement

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Others have suggested this before, but I want to add my voice to this.

There should be a setting the the tech radial menu to lock/unlock block placement on a block. "Unlocked" behaves as present. "Locked" prevents any block attachment on the tech, and prevents unused attachment points from loading/highlighting when you're placing a block from inventory. Lastly, you cannot pull blocks off a tech while it's locked, specifically, the cursor will ignore any blocks on a locked tech.

I've been working on a nice crafting base and one of the major immersion breakers is trying to drop a block in a scrapper and having it attach to the base instead. Furthermore, on medium/large bases, the game will try to highlight/activate every available attachment point on the base when I'm just trying to scrap a block. This causes real slowdown and CPU strain. It has also happened too many times, that I need to grab a newly-crafted block and end up grabbing a piece of the base instead. Very irritating.

Last edited:
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Others have suggested this before, but I want to add my voice to this.

There should be a setting the the tech radial menu to lock/unlock block placement on a block. "Unlocked" behaves as present. "Locked" prevents any block attachment on the tech, and prevents unused attachment points from loading/highlighting when you're placing a block from inventory. Lastly, you cannot pull blocks off a tech while it's locked, specifically, the cursor will ignore any blocks on a locked tech.

I've been working on a nice crafting base and one of the major immersion breakers is trying to drop a block in a scrapper and having it attach to the base instead. Furthermore, on medium/large bases, the game will try to highlight/activate every available attachment point on the base when I'm just trying to scrap a block. This causes real slowdown and CPU strain. It has also happened too many times, that I need to grab a newly-crafted block and end up grabbing a piece of the base instead. Very irritating.
Also a good way to stop people from thefting from your tech in MP

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com