List of blocks that aren't that great.

Faffywaffy

Well-Known Memer
The highest DPS missile (when taking explosive radius into consideration)
The DPS is basically the same between the Missile Battery and the Hawkeye Seeker, the main difference being that the Missile Battery fires in quick volleys of four while the Seeker fires volleys of two with brief pauses. They both do 400 damage per missile, and they both have a splash radius of four blocks.
1569700096776.png
1569700104361.png

I have no clue on how a missile that goes faster is less likely to hit its target but thats probably just an Avalanche fanboy argument..

I want these missiles to be good, too. It makes sense for the fixed missiles to be smaller/faster/more damaging, the developers just need to make those upsides signifigant enough to warrant the cost and downsides. Also, in dogfights, It doesn't even really matter where your launchers are pointing if the missiles can make a 90+ degree turn towards their target.

Last edited:

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
They both do 400 damage per missile, and they both have a splash radius of four blocks.
450 damage for the GSO missiles and 500 for the Hawkeye ones.
Yeah what does that have to do with anything I said? Of course, shooting badly will make you miss your target. Big surprises there Einstein.

Think before you say stupid stuff

Last edited:

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
GSO Missile battery:
- Cant be put on a small extremly manuevrable fighter jet.
- Cant be used on small techs.
- Takes up 4 times more space than Hawkeye seeker missile.
- Rotates, wich means, you cant point it in a specific direction if enemies are nearby.

Hawkeye seeker missile:
+ Can be put on a small extremly manuevrable fighter jet.
+ Viable on a tech of any size.
+ Takes up 4 times less space than GSO Missile battery.
+ Doesnt rotate, wich means, you can point it in any dirrection, even if enemies are nearby.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Faffywaffy

Well-Known Memer
450 damage for the GSO missiles and 500 for the Hawkeye ones.
1569769908342.png
1569769915449.png

Yeah what does that have to do with anything I said? Of course, shooting badly will make you miss your target. Big surprises there Einstein.
Think before you say stupid stuff
Get over yourself, buddy. The test proved what it needed to, so your only available response (that doesn't involve backing down from your arguement) is to get pissed. Real classy. Can't wait for your next post.

Last edited:

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
@Green4Gaming I was very supportive of your missile test back then when we wouldn't have enough in-game stats transparency from the devs, a blessing WhitePaw gave us recently. I'm starting to regret that support, now that the tests are being used aggressively against others.
We all here may not agree on many things, but let's be polite at least. And there's no "community driven development" possible in a shattered community, let's help this happen.
I offer myself to help creating custom modifications on these Weapons (and releasing them as custom blocks) so that we can test these modifications and strengthen our suggestions for tweaks with real examples.

Faffywaffy

Well-Known Memer
It's important to create archetypes for each corporation so that we all know what to keep in mind when balancing their equipment. So here's how I would want to see it.

GSO: Lobs explosive fury. Weapons are medium range, highly cost-effective and easy to spam for unparalleled firepower. Movement is on the slow side. blocks are fragile but cheap, allowing you to pile them on and make bulkier techs for bigger weapons/more of them. Armor plates are (should be) the best in the game and make up for relative block weakness.

Hawkeye: Weapons are high-end and extremely effective at long-range with plenty of mid-range options as well, but expensive. Tracks are slow-ish, but grippy and provide plenty of control and all-terrain capability. Techs are compact, highly durable, and make better use of slopes for armor rather than flat plates.

Venture: Short to mid-range weapons with very high alpha damage, good for hit and run attacks. Unparalleled speed and all-terrain capabilities which are all perfect for flanking and harassing slower techs and bringing the close-range weapons to bear, ending the fight as quick as possible.

Better Future: Medium to short range weapons that deal good continuous damage, less fast than venture but more maneuverable with strafing hovers and the ability to control gravity. Blocks are lightweight and durable, but very expensive, lending themselves to compact builds.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've not read through this whole thread, but keep it chill please everyone. De-escalate and all that; ad-hominem (personal) attacks are never helpful. Warning points may be handed out, here, based on unfriendly sentiment, not just bad words. But editing comments to retract any inappropriate language might also be sensible, to avoid entire posts being deleted when I come back to take a proper look, later. Thanks.:)

Last edited:

Sokolov

You need a block that is not great? Easy.
Hawkeye TT12 Big Track.
These are so bad that it is literally ridiculous. I have ever made a theme for it, here it is(link).
Can you imagine a giant land fortress literally sliding on normal ground(not on ice) on these? I have seen this.
They are absolutely underpowered, with no grip for their size, yet their model is extremely cool(and convenient) and certainly demands for something better.
I know, track mechanics are currently being worked on - but those things are so bad, that it is impossible(for me,at least) to use these blocks in building.

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
You need a block that is not great? Easy.
Hawkeye TT12 Big Track.
These are so bad that it is literally ridiculous. I have ever made a theme for it, here it is(link).
Can you imagine a giant land fortress literally sliding on normal ground(not on ice) on these? I have seen this.
They are absolutely underpowered, with no grip for their size, yet their model is extremely cool(and convenient) and certainly demands for something better.
I know, track mechanics are currently being worked on - but those things are so bad, that it is impossible(for me,at least) to use these blocks in building.
Yeah, a lot of tracks are quite underwhelming because of the weird physics.

howard

Yeah, a lot of tracks are quite underwhelming because of the weird physics.
I wonder if it is possble for a workaround to make the tracks to have infinite grip and force for now, aka basically glued to the surface that they are running on.
1570786955467.png
only 3 of the tracks are touching the ground, but if i turn them into all wheels this can move without too much issues, as shown:
1570788047858.png
at least 7 wheels are touching the ground and applying proper force,

Last edited: