Links to launcher article?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I was guessing that this is all it's meant to be - a tiny teaser.

2019-09-04 Dev spotlight.jpg

I was holding off on making a post about this in case @Matt will tell us a little more about it on stream (maybe today). There's certainly a lot of uses I can think of that could use this as ground work. Including various suggestions from over the years.

Captain Load

Wow, this one is mutating. At first it said "Dev Spotlight - Code". Then I guess it became the way it is in the pic. Now its "Dev Spotlight - Programming". Custom landscapes would be a huge step forward for TT allowing devs to have optimized drop-in areas where all those Venture missions will actually be doable. Ooo imagine a custom dirt track.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
optimized drop-in areas where all those Venture missions will actually be doable.
That's a good point. I wonder if that is a motivator for this new work - they never seemed fully able to shake the bugs with Venture ramp/tubes gates being stuck in terrain, sometimes. And BF missions have had many reports of the same, with AG courses particularly.

It'd be kinda disappointing if they had all the race tracks be on the same, exact terrain layout every time... But not sure this would work for that - it would presumably need to modify the terrain of a world mid-game, when you pick up a mission, and that would likely cause some way bigger problems of its own...

I was originally thinking more like crater mini-biomes (as the thumbnail suggests), with a rare new resource type to collect. And/or Sumo arena's integrated into the campaign world, battle bot arenas or some stuff like that, with set events requiring very specific ground layout.:)

Last edited:

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I was guessing that this is all it's meant to be - a tiny teaser.

View attachment 28737

I was holding off on making a post about this in case @Matt will tell us a little more about it on stream (maybe today). There's certainly a lot of uses I can think of that could use this as ground work. Including various suggestions from over the years.
@WhitePaw2002 :)

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
what??? do you want even more dogs running around barking wildly?(and getting run over by the large vechiles also running around?