Linear motion engine

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
The Linear motion engine generates thrust along one axis. When you place the engine on your tech, next to the radar you will see display of each of the axis. (basically its like the HE rotor)

When you press the appropriate key (it depends on how you have orientated your engine) a green line will grow along the same axis the engine is generating thrust for.

Please note that when you release the key, the engine will still continue to generate thrust at that setting. To turn it off you have to press the opposite key.

Thank you for informations! and Do you have any examples of tech using it? I want to see.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Thanks for the shoutout! I'll add one more thing that Linear Motion Engines also convert *all* thrust in that axis to vectored thrust. That means that if you have adjustment thrusters or propellers pointing down and linear motion engines, everything will act like rotors. This is a big advantage because it means you can make your adjustment thrusters help with lift.

I'm actually planning on making a community guide about working with LMEs, because it's come up a couple times now. In the meantime, feel free to tech out my techs thread (here) to see other examples of LME airships, including some big ones.