Linear motion engine need to be a loot stronger

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nightblade Greyswandir, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:49 PM.

1. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

Linear motion engine need to be a loot stronger.
    As it is we need 5 of them on 95% strength to lift GSO cab alone.
    It would be nice to have one of them on 30% to take off with GSO cab.

#1 Nightblade Greyswandir, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:49 PM
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 1:07 PM
  2. Nuke_Pulse

Nuke_Pulse Member

I agree with this. Calling it "hover bug" but not making it strong enough to rival it? *Pewdiepie hmmm*

3. Lyons

Lyons Guess who's back. Back again

I agree cause I put this on one of my techs and couldn't figure out whether I was doing something wrong cause it didnt do anything.

4. Lyons

Lyons Guess who's back. Back again

Has anyone realized that the title is 3x stronger and you say 5x stronger? This is really messing with me

5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Agreed:
    Although, we should take into account the weight of the engine block itself; if it's the same density as a GSO One-block, then they are currently calibrated to only just lift their own weight. 5 times stronger would be their own weight + 8 GSO One-blocks (or equivalent - e.g. 2.7 GSO batteries).

I wonder if the devs wanted to avoid them being used a super-compact, magical rotors, though? (I'm not going to say the words 'game balance' - I know, I know...). I'd guess not, given that hover steers now have such an amazing power to weight ratio.

(P.S. Tell me if you'd like me to edit the thread title.)

6. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A festive dragon

I'm not completely sure, but the Liner Motion Engine might be intended to be used to make all rotors in the same axis of motion able to be controlled using the throttle adding and subtracting system, like helicopter rotors. This is certainly something it's very good at. The intention may have never been to make it a form of independent propulsion.

Lord Zarnox and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  7. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

It's an interesting thought. As you say, it certainly does that right now. But my guess is that wasn't the idea.

Also, I *really* want manual override for throttle (enable/disable) for all axis, at all points in the game, without any special blocks. (Please.:))

8. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

If this is actually the case, it is pretty unfortunate that this is the hover bug thrust replacement, as it doesn't even provide any. You could make an actual hover bug thruster in the same amount of space.

9. Random Spaceship

Random Spaceship Aussie Booklord

Yes please! The only reason I have them is for the variable thrust control. They're useless, otherwise.

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  10. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

so if you put one of these in direction of flight you can control trust of propellers that are positioned in that direction?

11. Random Spaceship

Random Spaceship Aussie Booklord

No, you can't control how much the propellers trust you. However, yes you can control the thrust of steering hovers/propellers in that direction.