Legs in TerraTech

Should Better Future have leg parts?

• Total voters

SUPERMECHM500

Music Creator
Mar 1, 2019
Mechanising the world
www.youtube.com
Suggested originally by "Master Of The Forge", I would like to improve on this idea to add arachnid or mecha legs to the game. In this thread, I will show some of my suggested stats for some leg types.

WARNING: if and when these come out, a gyroscope will be needed to keep balance, much like a human.
This isn't required for spider builds with 4 or more legs,, but it is still recommended.

GSO spider legs:
1x, 2y, 1z in size
Note: The leg attaches on the side of the tech, not under.
"Low power, mild speed, but they can carry your little tech up some steep hills."

GeoCorp Hydraulic spider legs:
3x, 6y, 3x in size
Note: Can attach underneath or on the side of a tech.
"These legs are big! What monstrosity could possibly have had these!?"

Venture insect legs (Small, Large):
Small: 1x, 2y, 1z; Large: 2x, 4y, 2z
Note: Small size can travel faster than GSO one; Large size is about half as large as Geocorp, making it an average use leg. Both sizes can only attach on the side.
Small: "Originally designed by the Venture corporation, these legs are designed to bring high speed up steep hills with ease."
Large: "A larger version of the original leg. Make use of this one to make pretty fast and useful spider buggies.

Hawkeye Arachnid legs:
1x, 3y, 1z
Note: One block taller than GSO and can be attached underneath or on the side of a tech.
"Hawkeye Corp. took this idea from GSO and decided to make it taller because it was proven ineffective."

Hawkeye Mecha Legs (Right/Left, Small, Large):
Small: 2x, 6y, 2z
Large: 3x, 8y, 3z
Note: These legs are a more boxy design and can handle more damage. Use them to make tall robots. Can only be attached on the side. Make a pelvis first!
Small: "Hawkeye saw that arachnid type legs were getting taken out too fast, so they made a tougher, larger design. A bit slow, but it can take a cannon shot or two."
Large: "Even Hawkeye's big design was being taken out by heavier cannons, so they made it bigger. Now you can make extreme leg techs."

Better Future
I will let the developers figure this one out, Better Future runs on hovering technology primarily. Yes, they have wheels, Ik. but it's a hovering corporation! Hawkeye doesn't have hoverpads so its far.

Last edited:

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
*still waiting for mindl3ss to release those techs so i can finally complete control schemes and have fun killing things*

Reactions: SUPERMECHM500

Mindlessmrawesome

Jul 1, 2016
Now that's the direction to go. I like the third one!

Edit: I see it's a mod. But it would be cool to see in game.
those modded techs use whitepaw's pistons and rotors, two things that love to break the universe. Trust me, I once used them to make simple retracting landing gear on my fighter jet and it teleported the jet 4000 blocks under the world. Don't expect them to see them in the game anytime soon.

Mindlessmrawesome

Jul 1, 2016
those modded techs use whitepaw's pistons and rotors, two things that love to break the universe. Trust me, I once used them to make simple retracting landing gear on my fighter jet and it teleported the jet 4000 blocks under the world. Don't expect them to see them in the game anytime soon.
they also like to make unfathomable amounts of lag for random techs, although that might not be the pistons/rotors and may be something else in the mod...