Legitimising the Hoverbug (Suggestions and wishes.)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by AstraTheDragon, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
?

What bits do you want?

1. Modular

75.0%
  2. Emulating current hoverbugging

75.0%
  3. Not enforcing ground controls

75.0%
  4. Some ingame demonstration/explanation

75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

I really appreciate the fact that the devs are taking into consideration the popularity and potential of the hoverbug and are going to legitimise it as a proper feature (which will allow hesitant people to experiment with it) but in the interest of keeping 'illegal' creations alive and making the legitimised hoverbug as useful as it can be, I have some points to make on how my ideal hoverbug would behave.
    • I would like it to be modular, like the current one is:
      • A 'velocity engine' (hoverplate) would need to be used against an 'inline engine actuator' (wheel) to provide force. Multiple velocity engines should each exactly emulate current different hovers to allow illegal creations to be retrofitted to work under the new system.
    • Because of its modularity, multiple actuator blocks should be able to be used with the same engine block provided it has enough range. This would also allow illegal creations to be retrofitted.
    • Hoverbug pieces should clearly explain in their descriptions how to be used and what they do.
    • Hoverbugs should not enforce ground controls, instead this should be an option per-tech similar to the options on the radial menu. Maybe this could replace 'rename' considering techs can be renamed by mousing over and pressing 'r'? (Obviously cycled through always-ground, always-air and adaptive.)
    • Maybe there should be a demonstrative tech in Creative Mode showing hoverbugging? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Thanks, and I just wanted to get this out quickly in case work was beginning on this soon. I thought behaviour like this would be very important to not make redundant current illegal hoverbug techs.

If anyone else has anything to add that I missed/that you dispute feel free to discuss.

#1 AstraTheDragon, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

Pretty much exactly what I want the hoverbug replacement to look like. +1

Sokolov, Galrex and AstraTheDragon like this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov Well-Known Member

As for me, I would opt for some kind of Mass Effect core - consumes power to make the vehicle behave like on hoverbug. Like your idea with actuators - but would prefer a single block.