Legionite's Walkers, Hovers, Airborne AI Experiments and Stuff

How Useful are My Airborne AIs?

• Very Useful

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Moderately Useful

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better Than The Current Land AI

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Needs More Work (I have seen the latest Airborne AI yet)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat Messy

• Bad Idea

• Meh.(Neutral)

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Even moar:

RAR RAR RAR
(terrorising cabs at this point)
Needs a longer tail. It looks derpy right now.

Random question, was this built in 0.7.8?

Also, WOOOOAAAAHHHHH.

I will not be considered good at this game again lel.
And, no, in 0.7.8.6 MT building is possible again. It's not as strict anymore which is good. You can place blocks inside of eachother (sorta) now.

Legionite

Wants to play modded Campaign MP
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Wait... then what's that..? Oh..
(counterbalance)

T-Trex/Robo Rex - Series 2

:cool:Robotic Domination:cool:
Now with a tail, the TT-Rex/Robo-Rex is ready!:D
Very likely to crash low end computers.
Will soon be launched on Steam as a single Tech, as I have to sort out the steps to get this Tech working.

Attachments

Last edited:

Masakari

Tried the previous no tail version, and was having some issues with the walking/turning. Are you having issues with this? (even though the gif there shows it seems to be working pretty easy)

Legionite

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Are you having issues with this? (even though the gif there shows it seems to be working pretty easy)
The feet have a lot of friction when they contact the ground, and that version has a mass issue.
Hopefully the new one is better and much lighter with the aid of some lifts.

Masakari

Well I did a bit of messing around with that HCL you posted on Potatos thread. First off I gotta say what a ridiculously broken thing you had stumbled on. Second....man this makes airships sooo much easier and my Heli Carrier is closer to being somewhat viable if I trim some more fat from the design. Also need to connect the two flight deck sections and increase the lifter units output to compensate. Might make a new design to better make use of the MT blocks although they do have that little bit of wiggle....

I was able to retrofit my HC with it and to give you and idea on how broken it is, it originally had over 200-220ish GSO quad hovers in about....36 stacks of 6 for the overlapping lift effect, with plans to add more but the FPS tanking was making it unbearable to work on any longer. It did not lift without a lot of rotors (IIRC around 20 or so small HE rotor blades not fans or around 10 large rotors) compared to only needing 22 GSO single hovers with a very gradual and slow ascent rate with out any external aid for lift. Took it to over 300 feet up for the testing phase of the MK 1 High Altitude Variant. The example tech had gotten to over 2k very quickly.

Because of this I was able to gain some FPS that the original configuration was causing to tank. I also figured out a way to use MT blocks to secure it in place so there is no bouncing which entails a more stable flight (minus the occasional side drifting).

Problems I have encountered though are the issues of drifting regardless of how many Gyros I add (both on the lifter and body....so need the enhanced controls), seems with my current setup I can't seem to alter the altitude except by removing or adding the hovers on the lifter (shame that as once I could get the balance perfect I could have it holding station at any altitude. Might be related to the wheel type as I got the GSO track and the HE landing gear as the activator and the secured setup), and of course it being an MT instead of a single tech so there is that problem.

If ya want to take a look, I got the save with the modified version of your example Tech and my HC Drive/mid body section set and ready to use with my currently developed variation on your system. Don't want to post anything file related without your consent.

Legionite

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
If ya want to take a look, I got the save with the modified version of your example Tech and my HC Drive/mid body section set and ready to use with my currently developed variation on your system. Don't want to post anything file related without your consent.
Go ahead, anybody is pretty much free to post things here.;)

Masakari

Alrighty then. Here's the save. All are anchored and you are in control of the modified example tech. My HC drive is just south.

Attachments

Legionite

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
For some reasons hover bug is not working for me... I made tech that is more than half hovers and wheels and it does not fly.
The Hoverbug
You may have heard of it everywhere but not quite known how to do it.​

It is actually quite simple. Just GSO Hub wheels under the thrusting part of the hovers.
It has to be set up like this:
screen28.png
Or hovers cannot see wheels for some reason and ends up acting as a normal hover.

Last edited: