Do you think my suggestions are good reguarding to Legion?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No. (Please I don't want some typical Haters :P )

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Stickguys

Mar 27, 2016
Hello people,
I'm Stickguys,
Today I've thought about giving suggestion for the "Legion" even in it's actual state of "planned".
That's the actual Dev picture they've made :

If it doesn't make problems I think of legion a bit like the StarCraft Zergs (a bit weaker than the others but easier to produce in mass to swarm up) and the fact that A.Is will be more Advanced kind of revealed this aspect since swarms of Legion techs will crush even the strongest Corps if not prepared.

1.Blocks
For the blocks, taking the mind of zergs, Legion Blocks could be 2/3 the price of GSO maybe and a bit weaker. If this would be applied then making a legion swarm would be much easier. Maybe add some armored kinds of blocks that are more expensive and larger too (like for big Legion Beast, think like the ultralisk in StarCraft)

2.A.I Module
To make a balance, Legion A.I modules should be more expensive since it would be Superior vs the other corps. So main economy would be invested in making A.Is for a swarm and for the Base.

3.Special Blocks
There could be different types of legs, like some light but speedy legs, medium legs with a default speed and the heavy ones that are better armored but slow. Also, Plane foils and wings could be instead some mechanical insect wings and for the hover blades, some kind of "hovering" wings. Guns could be cheaper than the other corps but a bit weaker too to actually be able to produce lots of guns for A.I production.

4.Base
Base could be a kind of Hive for the Legion and having a base in a radius of maybe 100-400meters could make a "HiveMind" link in which players in that radius are in a better posture to react since it would "warn" by telekinesis of any hostile activity like "Hive under attack" or "An ally is in Battle" in that kind.

5.A.I Types of module
Perhaps there could be several Legion A.I module with each their specific roles, for example :(Ground Scout, Worker or Harvester, Guard, Light Combat, Standard A.I Combat, Armored Beast A.I, Flying Scout, Flying Support, Fighter(air) ) or it could be only one Module that player can alter it's configuration or "mode". But if done so, it would need a Comm. link or terminal link to A.I if player wants to swap it at a distance.

6.Gun Suggestions
A dart cannon, fires dart at a fast rate of fire, low damage, no aoe, close quarters weapon of choice.

A red colored plasma "artillery cannon", super heavy cannon renders movement slower, high dmg decreasing with splash distance (which will be large), extremely slow rate of fire, must fire in high arc, effective in long range.

Emp rockets/bomb, EMP explosion, makes small aoe, low-medium damage, a few more damage to electronics (radar, lamps, batteries, shields and laser guns (everything electronic basically! :p) ), Bombs more effective in medium-high altitude and rockets from close to medium altitude/range.

A Small Plasma Cannon, Medium rate of fire, medium damage, really small aoe, effective in close to medium range.

Thats pretty much all people,
Might add some later if I get more ideas!
Add your suggestions in a reply or discuss about mines!
Thanks for reading/answering.
-Stickguys;)

Jo Gh

Mar 25, 2016
Hmm....sounds good and nice but how big are they in total?when I think of Legions i think of something like 1x1x1 big creatures?Or did i understood something wrong?

Stickguys

Mar 27, 2016
What do you mean with big? I don't understand what you're asking me.
Please be more clear, Thank you :D

Jo Gh

Mar 25, 2016
What do you mean with big? I don't understand what you're asking me.
Please be more clear, Thank you :D
The size....an normal block from GSO is 1x1x1 so i want to know how big the blocks you suggest are.

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
I don't think it should be cheaper than GSO. In fact, I think it should be more expensive than some of Venture's stuff. The entire point of GSO is to have cheap, average parts. The only future corp that might be cheaper would be Space Junkers.

Besides that, the other ideas are nice.

Reactions: Stickguys

Stickguys

Mar 27, 2016
The size....an normal block from GSO is 1x1x1 so i want to know how big the blocks you suggest are.
Well I don't know honestly, maybe a bit bigger for the armored blocks and standard size for regular ones

I don't think it should be cheaper than GSO. In fact, I think it should be more expensive than some of Venture's stuff. The entire point of GSO is to have cheap, average parts. The only future corp that might be cheaper would be Space Junkers.

Besides that, the other ideas are nice.
Yeah I understand that, maybe a bit more expensive than GSO's but cheaper than the other corps (excluding Junkers) and a price similar to the one GEOcorp has for armored blocks.

Thanks for replying, :)

HappyApathy

Dec 1, 2015
Well I don't know honestly, maybe a bit bigger for the armored blocks and standard size for regular ones

Yeah I understand that, maybe a bit more expensive than GSO's but cheaper than the other corps (excluding Junkers) and a price similar to the one GEOcorp has for armored blocks.

Thanks for replying, :)
Why not just have them the same as GSO blocks but just with a different model and texture? Legion's selling point is their AI and bio-mechanical blocks, their main building blocks can just be plain giving no real advantage or disadvantage.

Reactions: Stickguys

Stickguys

Mar 27, 2016
Why not just have them the same as GSO blocks but just with a different model and texture? Legion's selling point is their AI and bio-mechanical blocks, their main building blocks can just be plain giving no real advantage or disadvantage.
Well I like that idea but it might not be what devs expect, since in solo for now each corp is higher priced, just like streak1 said, GSO's are cheap average blocks in which you want to replace ASAP with better corp blocks.
Thanks for your suggestion. :)

P

Pink Kitty

I'd go high end.

tough and light and expensive.
Like, twice as much as equivalent parts.

Stickguys

Mar 27, 2016
I'd go high end.

Well it could be a good idea but maybe having 2 types would be also cool, armored blocks for warriors and light for harvesters or in that kind but I like that idea still, could be the compromise between these 2 types. :)

HappyApathy

Dec 1, 2015
Well it could be a good idea but maybe having 2 types would be also cool, armored blocks for warriors and light for harvesters or in that kind but I like that idea still, could be the compromise between these 2 types. :)
The problem with giving Legion building blocks like this is that your forgetting that there are several other corporations who also have their own traits to fill, Legion's specialty is likely going to be AI and bio-mechanical parts, expanding that to include better/different building blocks would cause them to overshadow other corporations.

If I want weak but light building blocks that is what Venture is for.

If I want strong and durable there's GeoCorp, and/or possibly Hawkeye PMC in the future.

You need to keep in mind that Legion can't have so many pieces that they would make other corporations redundant, that's why I suggest just giving them standard normal building blocks to keep them within their own specialty.

I'd go high end.

That sounds like something that would fit more with Better Future personally.

Last edited:

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I agree with @Pink Kitty
Too many games use bio-tech as worthless, easily grown swarms. As far as I'm concerned, the technologies required to create truely worthwhile biotech would render them completely the opposite, slow growing, adaptive and valuable.
On-top of that, with some kind of bio-processor or a modified brain, they would probably have their own, the Legion Techs, ideas about, you know, not dying.
Most large biological systems hold self preservation fairly highly on their to-do lists.

P

Pink Kitty

I agree with @Pink Kitty
Too many games use bio-tech as worthless, easily grown swarms. As far as I'm concerned, the technologies required to create truely worthwhile biotech would render them completely the opposite, slow growing, adaptive and valuable.
On-top of that, with some kind of bio-processor or a modified brain, they would probably have their own, the Legion Techs, ideas about, you know, not dying.
Most large biological systems hold self preservation fairly highly on their to-do lists.
Who said they're bio-tech?

The sentinels from matrix aren't.
Still kinda cool and creepy.

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
Oops.
Somewhere along the lines I picked up the idea that Legion are using not just biologically inspired, but also biologically created/derived blocks.
That's most certainly just a misunderstanding on my part...

Stickguys

Mar 27, 2016
The problem with giving Legion building blocks like this is that your forgetting that there are several other corporations who also have their own traits to fill, Legion's specialty is likely going to be AI and bio-mechanical parts, expanding that to include better/different building blocks would cause them to overshadow other corporations.

If I want weak but light building blocks that is what Venture is for.

If I want strong and durable there's GeoCorp, and/or possibly Hawkeye PMC in the future.

You need to keep in mind that Legion can't have so many pieces that they would make other corporations redundant, that's why I suggest just giving them standard normal building blocks to keep them within their own specialty.
I agree that they can't be over qualified to other corps, I just want some more possibilities, these blocks don't need to be better than venture or GeoCorp but they could be some standard block like otherwise, similar to GSO but a little better.
Thanks for replying. :)

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I like the idea of all these legs, but I think that for creativity, you should also add simple joints with AP's to legion and maybe other corps. You can have hinge joints, ball-and-socket joints, pivot joints, whatever joints. Players could then build the Walker however they wanted. 'Course then you might need more complex programming, but I personally enjoy Terratech for the simple creativity. It'd be nice if you kept that up.
I'm probably too late to say this though, huh?

P

Pink Kitty

I like the idea of all these legs, but I think that for creativity, you should also add simple joints with AP's to legion and maybe other corps. You can have hinge joints, ball-and-socket joints, pivot joints, whatever joints. Players could then build the Walker however they wanted. 'Course then you might need more complex programming, but I personally enjoy Terratech for the simple creativity. It'd be nice if you kept that up.
I'm probably too late to say this though, huh?
Not possible.

Game engine doesn't work that way, sorry.

Fireup

Jun 27, 2016
I always hoped when I heard about legion they'd have organ-based parts that didnt require energy but could only help out their own corperations blocks, like some sort of huge beating heart that automatically healed large sections of your tech, or some sort of liver that... I dont know, shielded or something? Maybe a massive jaw-mouth-throat comination that connects like a tunnel system to a stomach allowing you to bite off small (lets say 3x3 or 5x5 for larger verions) chunks of enemy techs?

Sidenote, I disagree with the starcrafty swarm idea, more agree with the slow growth biocorp idea.

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
Sidenote, I disagree with the starcrafty swarm idea, more agree with the slow growth biocorp idea.
I've always felt that it was very odd, the whole use of biotechnology in games. Personally I always think that "living" technology would be very powerful, masterfully built organisms that take time and copious amounts of resources to assemble and grow. I believe that they will have there own consciousness, or at least instincts, and that those will include SUCCESSFULLY completing their objective, something you can't do if dead.
Self-Adaptive, Self Repairing, Incredibly viable and variable and very, very difficult to destroy.
Cheap? Rather expensive actually.
Willing to through themselves away, like the Zerg do? No way!

But that's just my personal views on the distant future of extreme biotechnology.