Legion Brainstorming Thread - Blocks & Endgame Crisis

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
Flight Blocks

=> Gimballed Thrusters (small/medium/large) - Legion could have adjustment thrusters or simple one-way propellers/thrusters, but I got an even better idea that fuses both on a smarter type of thruster: a gimballed thruster that follows your commands.
The way it works is simple, instead of having an adjustment thruster that may sometimes work on more than one way simultaneously depending on your keyboard input (like moving diagonally with W+A), this thruster will turn to aid in that movement.
The way the thruster will turn will depend on its placement on the tech, much like adjustment thrusters work differently depending on relative placement to the center of mass. And they will have narrow arcs of turning, so that response feels more smooth and placement must be well thought of.
If there's need for a visual example, think of how Better Future Wings rotate to aid movement.

=> Gimballed Boosters - The same idea behind the gimballed thrusters, but for boosters. I gave this idea for a fictional corp I suggested a while ago (GreenTech), but I think it would realistically fit here. They turn much like thrusters would, with or without being activated, so that they work right when activated, helping on sharp turns and better control while boosting.

=> Insect Wings (in some shape/theme variety) - A set of wings that work as thrusters, moving the tech swiftly through the air, and most importantly, enabling it to stop middair, like dragonflies and other insects do. Some wings could be better for turning (fly wings), others could have more speed (dragonfly wings), other could have more lift (bee wings) or more armor (beetle wings that come with a shell encasing that opens and closes).
A moth/butterfly wing could help a tech glide; and when pressing up, flapping up; when pressing down, alleaviating the glide for a gentle fall; thus working differently than plane wings but being useful for gliding nonetheless (also rolling the tech when turning, possibly).

Manufactory

=> Hive Silo - A 2x2 silo where one side only receives chunks, and the other, only delivers them.The receiving side has a green bar all over it (edge of two blocks), and will receive normally from conveyors. The delivering side, with a red bar over its edge, will only deliver to conveyors when they are activated by fabricators/factories, as any other silo would.
The innovation rests in the fact that when attaching silos together, they will automatically transfer chunks between themselves, as long as any delivering side is attached to a receiving side of another silo. This makes it possible for compact rows of silos for mass storage, forming a hive.

That's it for this batch of suggestions, more may come soon as I gather more ideas.

Thanks for reading!

My god yes. This thread is a fantastic example of what suggestions should be like, Imaginative, well thought out, and well formatted. I think the ideas on this thread are fantastic. So I would like to contribute to this thread myself.

=> Connector Bay
smaller techs can have connectors, which when piloted by a swamer AI module, can Auto-dock at connector bays attached to larger techs. Docking recharges and heals the docked tech.

how about special legion blocks that are infested versions of other corp stuff? Like the Zerg from starcraft or Mutalist tech and the infested from Warframe.
Like a megaton cannon, covered in tentacles and growths, that fires like a shotgun instead of cannon, or maybe an infested delivery cannon that fires spore shells? INFINITE POSSIBILITIES.

how about special legion blocks that are infested versions of other corp stuff? Like the Zerg from starcraft or Mutalist tech and the infested from Warframe.
Like a megaton cannon, covered in tentacles and growths, that fires like a shotgun instead of cannon, or maybe an infested delivery cannon that fires spore shells? INFINITE POSSIBILITIES.
Sounds totally OP and also super fun.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Legion Missions

Legion missions could be regular corp missions like other corps have, perhaps something slightly different but nothing too innovative.

However, with Legion I see a great story-telling potential for the campaign, at least a simple story, the final act with hard endgame events, and, why not, a final boss!
A great way to finish the campaign, requiring the player to use all resources gathered along the playthrough to fight a Rogue AI Crisis.

The Rogue AI Crisis

After finishing all other corps grades, you'll get contacted by the main group of Legion hackers who just noted your feats as a successful offworld prospector.
They tell you that a super AI core has been stolen by dissident hackers with shady purposes, and that they want your help to find it. You'll be asked to fight their drone techs to collect their data. At first, a simple type of mission.

When you reach grade 2, you discover the AI core had gone out of control, and Legion AI enemies start spawning all over the world, going rogue and fighting even normal spawned enemies.
All Corps NPCs reunite to tell you the corps have allied, and that you must help them fight the crisis.
You receive additional missions from the alliance of corps where you fight hordes of drones, in difficult battles. You also start receiving Legion Swarmer AI Modules in loot boxes, accompanied by valuable blocks of all corps, so that you can assemble your own tech army, which will be a lot of fun and will let the player explore the full extent of the Legion update to Terratech. These missions will also give you Legion XP.

When you get the final Legion grade (perhaps 3 or 4, idk) with all their blocks unlocked, you get the final mission of fighting the rogue AI core, a gargantuan tech (thought of something like a huge black pyramid, bulky like the R&D brick, full of weapons and many insectoid legs at the bottom) and its powerful AI army, with dozens of big and small techs.

When you destroy the AI core in an epic battle and defeat the crisis, you get a lot of money and many loot crates of all corps. This is the finishing act of campaign.
You can still keep doing Legion missions like destroying groups of dissident hackers though, and smaller gangs of rogue AIs.

---

That’s all! Hope you people enjoyed the suggestions, this list took a long time to be finished.

What are your Legion suggestions? Share in the comments!
Thanks!
Hmmmmmmm..... This reminds me of something........ a rogue AI core, in the shape of a pyramid, that's called a crisis........... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Sounds interesting though. Possibly a bit too much of a rolling quest chain for TerraTech style; it seems like very linear progression, which TerraTech doesn't really have, at least not on such a wide scale. It might annoy people that they "have" to do this mission to advance in Legion, since it seems no Legion techs spawn until Grade 2.

Epic afdc

Maybe it can be like a “final boss” mission, like the Hawkeye spider king mission and the GEOcorp bridge mission

666TheSDasher666

plot twist: after u end the crisis
u get a intermission from reticule research saying Oops... and you look at the sky only to see a huge portal from the sky and it sucks u all in, teleporting you to a more mars-ish planet with extreme weather conditions including gravity rain (the gravity becomes stronger or weaker) and this is where space junkers come into play. you have to earn them money and destroy techs to get a license. reticule is the evil company and this planet is surrounded by them. you have to get into their buildings, there are 5 of them and each are pretty far away. they are highly guarded and if u take over all of them, reticule finally gives you the ability/device to switch planets.

桂桃~

Angled track blocks set at a 45 degree angle, with tracks on all 4 corners, you can strafe with your tank. Lower speed than conventional tracks to compensate. Tracks themselves will be relatively large and tall, owing to the offset, and also relatively tanky as nothing can really go over the track to protect it. There are outward facing variation and inwards facing variants.

Epic afdc

I have a weapon idea!
The SWARM cluster missile launcher. It is similar to the RR HIVE missile launcher and the venture cluster missile launcher. It is (4x4x2) and it is shaped like honeycomb. But you won’t be getting honey out of this thing. It fires a cluster of 15-20 missiles that behave similarly to the RR HIVE missile launcher, as in they waggle and wiggle all over the place. They have the best tracking and pretty decent damage. Takes a while to reload and is super heavy, as well as being super expensive. Maybe about 40-50K for one.

eddie

Philosopher in green, Hermit in space
I have a weapon idea!
The SWARM cluster missile launcher. It is similar to the RR HIVE missile launcher and the venture cluster missile launcher. It is (4x4x2) and it is shaped like honeycomb. But you won’t be getting honey out of this thing. It fires a cluster of 15-20 missiles that behave similarly to the RR HIVE missile launcher, as in they waggle and wiggle all over the place. They have the best tracking and pretty decent damage. Takes a while to reload and is super heavy, as well as being super expensive. Maybe about 40-50K for one.
Instead of missiles, how about launching wasp-like drones that will follow the player when there's no enemies in range, charge at enemies then explode when in contact with the enemies, If it also seeks and intercept missiles, even better, making it the all you need anti-air weapon.

Although drone weapons are basically missiles that have special behavior, but I still think dev team should look into it in the future.

Last edited:

Epic afdc

Instead of missiles, how about launching wasp-like drones that will follow the player when there's no enemies in range, charge at enemies then explode when in contact with the enemies, If it also seeks and intercept missiles, even better, making it the all you need anti-air weapon.

Although drone weapons are basically missiles that have special behavior, but I still think dev team should look into it in the future.
It’ll be like having a bee hive on your back! Nice