Legion Brainstorming Thread - Blocks & Endgame Crisis

Rafs

The Deadly Corner of the Ramp of Doom
I like all these ideas, nice! Specially the versatile dragonfly wings, very original and would be really awesome to have in game :)

When I was making the AI programming block, I thought of another option of assigning "types of blocks" for AI techs to target (for example, wheel/flight blocks), but I thought maybe it was too complex and unnecessary. Well, I think it's worth mentioning it now, since a Web throwing weapon was suggested, which works better on paralyzing wheels and weapons. Telling the AI to aim at those blocks could be a smart thing, even more if it didn't have AoE.

So, I finally came up with the standard blocks for Legion :D

Standard Blocks

=> Legion Nanotech Block (various sizes and lengths) – Blocks that have slightly higher health and weight than GSO blocks, but very pricey. They come with a simple nanite system that self repairs the block (GSO Bubble rate), draining energy on each repair.
It is an useful block if used in a tech with Legion Repair Beam's instead of repair bubbles, since it unburdens the system (where each Repair Beam generator can only heal one block at a time). But the effect can stack with a repair bubble (as much as repair bubbles already stack with themselves).

=> Legion Exoskeleton Block (various shapes/sizes/curves) – These are either full blocks with seamless facings (without attachment points, like some BF blocks) or curved blocks, of many lengths and types of curves.
These blocks can self-heal and have a good amount of health, but are heavy and much more expensive. The blocks display a segmented plating pattern on the seamless facings.

=> Legion Segmented Armor Plating (various plating sizes) – Thin armor plates with a segmented pattern, can self heal and weights less than an Exoskeleton Block, but has generally less health than those.

eddie

Forever thonk, dis is ma philosophy
Now you remind me about nanotech, here's some idea: Nanomachines
you can weaponize them by put them into warheads, launch it using mortars and missiles, or just spray them.
it will create a cloud of nanomachines that will damage enemies over time and heal allies, it also scrap any loose block into the components they were made of, it can also disintegrate non-energy projectiles and strengthen your defence.

When your enemy ask you "Why won't you die!", you can just reply"NANOMACHINES, SON."

Last edited:

Epic afdc

The self healing blocks are actually a really cool idea! Not having healing bubbles makes more room for weaponry and batteries. And I have come up with an idea for the healing beam, which makes it far cooler. It would be cool if the healing beam targeted friendly techs, so a squad can have a dedicated healer. I think this’ll be useful if one of the techs in the squad’s batteries run out during combat. You can just have a small tech scuttle over to the large tech and simply heal it. And maybe have a larger beam that can target multiple techs and heal multiple blocks (which drains the batteries on the healer faster of course)
I also have ideas for some weaponry!
Legion nanite cannon: this weapon launches a slow moving projectile that upon impact, applies a damage over time effect in a radius depending on which cannon you use that slowly damages the blocks, this can be countered by healing beams, healing bubbles and the legion nanotech armor/blocks. The effect lasts about 5 seconds and yes, this effect does stack, but it stacks about 4-5 times. This block comes in various sizes, small (1x1x1) which has the blast radius of 1-2 meters, medium (2x2x1) which has the blast radius of 3-4 meters, and large (3x2x2) which has a blast radius of 5-6 meters. The blast itself doesn’t do much damage, the damage over time does the main bit of the damage.

Rafs

The Deadly Corner of the Ramp of Doom
The healing beam does heal allies, that's why I made it a beam instead of a bubble, because a healing drone approaching with a bubble would feel awkward, much more cool to have it shoot beams around. Also, I made it stackable too for this same purpose.
When designing it, I imagined an Ant-like Legion drone with a tall stack of healing beams over it, and the Legion battery(ies) behind; walking around and healing eveyone with its holy beams of salvation.

eddie

Blazing clouds of nanomachine is danker!
I was thinking of instead of giving Legion normal healing bubble, give them nanomachine scattering device, which heals much slower then healing bubble, slow start up and more power hungry but cover much larger area, bonus healing and health to Legion blocks, damage enemies, scraping loose block, and slowly charge allie's batteries.
basically I'm thinking Legion use this as defence mechanism for their "nest", it make sense that they scatter nanomachines around their base for their general purpose needs and use it to harm intruders.
Maybe Legion is just bunch of AI's gone high on nanites and became aggressive when humans cut their supplies.

Last edited:

eddie

Also, if superweapon will be introduced to the game, I'll give Legion "Nanomachine Overdrive" as their superweapon, basically makes every allie tech that has Legion diver's cab or AI invincibility, healing and increased attack power for 15 sec if they are in range of the nano clouds during activation.

eddie

Now I'm thinking that if the end game crisis is just the super AI is hacking the cybernet, they might just have to fight it on the net like counter hacking, but if the superAI also using "Gray Goo" and drones to expand physically, than that's a bigger treat, we can introduce a rare biome that been highly contaminated by gray goo that can be harmful to every corp's tech other than Legion, and set the final boss stage inside this biome, and before you enter, is recommended to obtain protection gear from the Legion mission.(it will be more interesting if the biome is a cave system, like ant hive.)

eddie

I have an idea of how super weapon can play a role in the end game crisis:

After you obtain the protection gear, you will get a scout mission to find the location of the super quantum computer(The Core) that have been took over by the evil AI.

You have found and tried to destroy The Core but it's not been successful due to it's protected by a very strong force field that even the Big Bertha can't penetrate, and have thick nano platings that been rapidly repaired by the gray goo.

You've reported this to HQ, they discussed the situation and agreed to allow the use of a type of weapon that's long been banned after the Third World War: weapons of mass destruction(Super weapons).

Since the Super weapons had long been banned, there's no existing ones that HQ can give you to use on The Core and you have to help them develop one from scratch, you have to do mission from mine resource to collecting data from the spawn of evil AI.

Finally the HQ came up with a unstable but at least usable prototype(mission only) for you to blow up The Core and its spawn of evil, the prototype works like a explosive joint, it's not very resistant to damage, the plan is to drive to The core and detonate the bomb, turn the place into a smoking crater, you are the only one who dare take on this suicide mission.

After you fight off hordes of drones and a massive Core Guardian, you detonate the bomb of mass destruction, you and your tech disintegrate along with The Core and its hell spawn in a blinding flash, you become a hero in the history of the galaxy.

1557549941203.png

Sike
You walked away while the mushroom cloud is in the background, like a legend:cool:

And now every corp have their unique super weapon available for you,
a seed of a new war had just been planted......
To Be Continued --->

Last edited:

Darkstar076

Needs Moar Dakka!
One of the things I have felt missing from Terratech is the Purpose, Endgame, ultimate objective. In other words, a reason to start again once you have max levelled - I am hoping Legion will play a part in this role as the main antagonist for a story mode campaign..

For example, As you progress through the different worlds, you have the option to so a story campaign where Legion fills the role as the "bad guy" and you take set out to defeat legion. Several boss fights later you finish up to Legions home world and end the story campaign with some climatic battle.

eddie

I was thinking that although Legion is a group of cult that wish to reach the ultimate wisdom of the universe using artificial intelligence, they have two different parties within the group.

One party is so desperate to achieve the ultimate goal that they will do anything without hesitation, they want to install the unfinished, self developing artificial intelligence(which they think it's perfect) on their experimental quantum supercomputer(that can self upgrade by using nano drones) that's linked to their cyber network, which controls their self multiplying multi-purpose nano drone and all their shade techs.

The opposite party wants to be careful and prevent misuse when talking about their shade techs, they're against the idea of installing the unfinished, self developing artificial intelligence on their experimental quantum supercomputer, and they had already saw it coming when those crazy ones sneakily installed the AI and the AI gone rogue with the whole drone network and killed most of their members including all of the crazy ones, they know that if the situation not be solved or at least controlled, the AI will control the gray goo and devour the whole solar system, so the survivor of the cult are seeking help and they see the pertental of saving the galaxy inside you.

So that's what I think how the story will look like, and why Legion found you and want you to do their mission.

PS: I want the Legion NPC looks like a dark priest(The Survived Archpriest)

Last edited:

Epic afdc

I was thinking that although Legion is a group of cult that wish to reach the ultimate wisdom of the universe using artificial intelligence, they have two different parties within the group.

One party is so desperate to achieve the ultimate goal that they will do anything without hesitation, they want to install the unfinished, self developing artificial intelligence(which they think it's perfect) on their experimental quantum supercomputer(that can self upgrade by using nano drones) that's linked to their cyber network, which controls their self multiplying multi-purpose nano drone and all their shade techs.

The opposite party wants to be careful and prevent misuse when talking about their shade techs, they're against the idea of installing the unfinished, self developing artificial intelligence on their experimental quantum supercomputer, and they had already saw it coming when those crazy ones sneakily installed the AI and the AI gone rogue with the whole drone network and killed most of their members including all of the crazy ones, they know that if the situation not be solved or at least controlled, the AI will control the gray goo and devour the whole solar system, so the survivor of the cult are seeking help and they see the pertental of saving the galaxy inside you.

So that's what I think how the story will look like, and why Legion found you and want you to do their mission.

PS: I want the Legion NPC looks like a dark priest(The Survived Archpriest)
This is actually a really cool idea!