Left Right confused during reverse

Kleinhirn85

The reverse is the steering left / right reversed.
If you, for example, is moving forward right, drives the car quite a circle.
If you hold down right now and right quickly is reversing the car running in the wrong direction.
It falls again on good if you go only forward right and then changes back to the left. So the car should normally react when you hold down the right and changes from forward drive to reverse.
So please do the right - left direction change when driving backwards.

Thx
Klemens Werner

_________

Links rechts beim rückwärtsfahren vertauscht
Wenn man z.b. vorwärts rechts fährt, fährt das auto einen rechtskreis.
Wenn man jetzt rechts gedrückt hält und direkt schnell rückwärts fährt dreht sich das auto in die falsche richtung.
Es fällt nochmal gut auf, wenn man erst vorwärts rechts fährt und dann ändert auf rückwärts links. So sollte das Auto normalerweise reagieren, wenn man rechts gedrückt hält und von vorwärtsfahren nach rückwärtsfahren wechselt.
Also bitte die rechts - links richtung beim rückwärtsfahren ändern.

Vielen Dank
Klemens Werner

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi Klemens. We've been having ongoing discussions about this. Personally, I agree with you as I drive a lot and am used to how a steering wheel behaves in a car. The counter argument is that the player is controlling an on-screen avatar and controls should be flipped when reversing to allow the car to be steered relative to the screen. I personally prefer the former.

Kleinhirn85

Hi,

why you do not then in the options a point where you can customize it.
I therefore makes the play not so much fun. Every time I go backwards in the wrong direction and drive somewhere around:-(
Please, please, it is possible to make the changeable via the options?!?

Thanks
Klemens Werner

Penmail

I, too, think it would be nice to have this as an option. I did eventually get used to the steering mechanism, but I would imagine many people will still find it unsettling. (It's easier to get used to when using a gamepad)

P.S. I'm gonna have a heck'uvva time driving a real car after powering through this for six hours.

cupid_the_conqueror

I, too, think it would be nice to have this as an option. I did eventually get used to the steering mechanism, but I would imagine many people will still find it unsettling. (It's easier to get used to when using a gamepad)

P.S. I'm gonna have a heck'uvva time driving a real car after powering through this for six hours.
yea optional features are the best features, it allows players to customize their playstyle even more.

Kleinhirn85

Is it possibe to change it by myself? or can you simply add a button to change it?
for me is the game fun strongly lost, since one always runs backwards wrong and abuts against something.
if that is customized, I would also like to recommend the game because it can actually be really good.
2 friends wanted to buy it, however, have first decided against it because the control is wrong ...

Vhargon

Is it possibe to change it by myself? or can you simply add a button to change it?
for me is the game fun strongly lost, since one always runs backwards wrong and abuts against something.
if that is customized, I would also like to recommend the game because it can actually be really good.
2 friends wanted to buy it, however, have first decided against it because the control is wrong ...
Just to make sure I'm not confusing anything... if you start up a new game, then the controls are wrong even with the tutorial-given vehicle?

Because sometimes, depending on where the weight of your vehicle is distributed, as well as the wheel placement, your vehicle can go the wrong way when reversing. Is that what you're talking about?

Kleinhirn85

Just to make sure I'm not confusing anything... if you start up a new game, then the controls are wrong even with the tutorial-given vehicle?

Because sometimes, depending on where the weight of your vehicle is distributed, as well as the wheel placement, your vehicle can go the wrong way when reversing. Is that what you're talking about?
yeah right.
The vehicle is reversing the same as forward - so if you want something moving backward rotates the camera view in direction of travel. If I then steer to the right should the vehicle in reverse but actually drive to the left drive (like a normal car also) was the control as "adjusted" that you can also find the "right" must steer left and right ...
This is very disturbing for me and a few others that the control is rotated in reverse ...
When you move forward all is well ...

Vhargon

yeah right.
The vehicle is reversing the same as forward - so if you want something moving backward rotates the camera view in direction of travel. If I then steer to the right should the vehicle in reverse but actually drive to the left drive (like a normal car also) was the control as "adjusted" that you can also find the "right" must steer left and right ...
This is very disturbing for me and a few others that the control is rotated in reverse ...
When you move forward all is well ...
Hm. I just tried it, and you're right. I never really noticed it before.

I just remember that holding the left button rotates me left, and the right button rotates right. When you think of it like that, it gets a lot easier.

Kleinhirn85

I drive every day a lot of car. I also enjoy racing games ...
And it is precisely in these dingen it is so that you get used to a "normal" Steureung. If then 1 game of many suddenly the other way around responding, it is not so easy to convert at least for me fast times.
I bought the game and hope that the control can still somehow be adjusted.
(and if the developer released a fixed me just one file for disposal is in this is changed, I would be happy)

cupid_the_conqueror

Yea, it is more common to find games that use car behaviours when handeling reversing. This makes the most sense to me and the reverse did throw me offf. And it should be an optional feature for everybody.

higekun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi, will there be a option to change the reverse steering in the next release?
We are testing something out at the moment, it won't be in this release but might be in the next one. It's not quite as simple as it sounds; "car steering" can cause problems because TerraTech vehicles do not behave like cars (can your car turn on the spot?) which makes the vehicle do surprising things in some circumstances.

You'll have to wait a little longer while we test this. We are on the case though!