Lag? For no reason?

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by GamerParrish, Aug 18, 2018.

?

Do you experience lag for no obvious reason?

1. Yah

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. GamerParrish

GamerParrish Well-Known Member

I've been lagging in my saves badly lately and so I ran a test. I stress tested by running a crafting, 2 ai techs, 2 anchored ai techs, and attacking a large enemy all at once to drop to 5 fps.

But after checking my individual and overall CPU, nothings thermal throttling, and nothing is at 100% utilization.
    Then I check my RAM, steady at 5GBs being used (Including windows applications running)

And I thought it might be my gpu. But only to find its at only 40% at maximum graphics.
    And my disk was fine, my motherboard was functioning perfectly fine. And yet the bad lag continued. With no thermal issues or actual full utilization.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II 955x (4x core 4x thread 3.2ghz)

RAM: 8Gbs DDr3 1333 MHz

MB: Basic asus motherboard (Idk what its called and I don't want to reboot)

GPU: GTX 1050ti Superclocked (4gb vram) by zotac

PSU: Basic 500 watt (Not the issue)

I'm running at a basic 1200x1920 monitor.

Seth_Seth likes this.
  2. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

I think it's because the game can't handle so many things at once, if you have 50 techs in one area at once the game could give the same results (if the techs were big enough)

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Could you upload a save or two that's running badly (compared to other saves)?

In theory the game should be running faster since 0.8+. Some have reported more heat generated, but CPU still won't go beyond 50%, GPU~60%, for me, even under heavy load from big resource base that drops the fps right down. So apparent utilisation doesn't necessarily mean much.

Seth_Seth likes this.
  4. GamerParrish

There we go

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Sorry, I've only just gotten around to looking at this...

I don't see any significant FPS loss issues in the save you provided, there. Do you still see any issue on your new PC (looks like you've built one with a very similar spec to my own.

Your crafting base, in the save, does hang for a second when starting to craft, due to the very long conveyor lines that lop around.

6. GamerParrish

idk, also I haven't tried TT on my new PC, its been having issues, (Almost got it fixed) so I haven't trusted it with any games yet. Already found out I had a faulty GPU.

I hope this goes away pretty quickly

ZeroGravitas likes this.