(Kiwi)Tech Wars III - DMEA and the Rogue Kiwis Resistance

Umm... I didn't expect the AI to be humanoid... it's AI after all. I imagined them being computer systems with voices, not actual humans. Now you ruined how I interpret your AI...

Legionite

Wants to play modded Campaign MP
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Umm... I didn't expect the AI to be humanoid... it's AI after all. I imagined them being computer systems with voices, not actual humans. Now you ruined how I interpret your AI...
It was a result of a recent TAC AI update so that humans can interact more with AIs and not be as uncomfortable than with just typing back or speaking back to text on the screen. Emotions and whatnot also help this as well, even though it may seem like just a bunch of anime(tion) characters squawking about.
(no it did not originate in Japan- TAC was founded by EFF, which is composed by a diverse spread of cultures and races which means TAC is very diverse.)

The TAC isn't just your average AI producer like Apple (Siri), Amazon (Alexi), or Microsoft (Cortana), they create AI of the future.

Of course the TAC will try something as insane as giving AIs 3D models to visually interact with with each other, as this experimental test behavior to try something in the wild blue yonder that also resulted in the creation of the ION CANNON, AGALS, Axial Stabilizers, and most of all, walkers, that makes it technologically superior to the other kingdoms.

The TAC takes numerous risks.
This may include risks to its own safety (announcing the ION CANNON to the universe),
risks to its outsider's and insider's sanity (the new AI updates that introduced boredom to the AI and eventually 3D visuals of them),
risks to it's technological advantage (releasing the once-classified AGALS and axial stabilizers to help out other kingdoms who were having trouble with their Tech building),
and most of all, the risk of RP Combat (the first combat RP shown in the really founding days of TAC, which introduced combat on a small scale with turns).

Oh, and also capturing a sleeping Omega Juicer for the Bertha Lattice technology, knowing that it could single-handedly level TAC HQ.

TAC is driven by the mentality of an inventor.
Take risks, and (hopefully) get rewarded.

Last edited:

GamerParrish

I normally would not get involved in TAC's situation with the world. But this one seems to involve me for one reason.

The Kiwis...

You will receive an access code, I still had some blueprints when I was working on AI Tech in TAC. They're in the 5th floor of my abandoned facility. Retrieve the fourth access drive, and put in a different access code (Received over frequency F 9.4193) and you will find a program called "Cloudflare"

It will instantly lock up communications and all systems in a tech due to the fact of how crappy the hardware is. It's more of a cancer virus than a flu virus, it acts as a corruption key. Be careful to activate it in a different program "SolidWater". It will neutralize the attack on your systems by simultaneously uncorrupting the drive while CloudFlare corrupts it.

Though there is one major issue, the fact it requires an device to access it, because the program is so broken it cannot be transmitted through a signal because it will come up with an ERROR 404 and blame it on the host.

I created a tech that can quickly attach the device to the tech, and can infect multiple techs.
Inclinor.png

An prototype death weapon, modified.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
@Legionite, you do know that if the lore isn't consistent with what people have read, then it's not lore, right? It's more gossip at this stage. :confused:

I've been watching your RP since it began, and I agree with Boomik that the AI are just faces on the screen. It's not hinted that they can interact with people physically, nor is everyone updated about it.

But...if you say that they're humanoid now, I guess we'll have to agree with that.

Legionite

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
@Legionite, you do know that if the lore isn't consistent with what people have read, then it's not lore, right? It's more gossip at this stage. :confused:
They were only seen as faces in the earlier versions, but with the advent of the most recent version, they can communicate at a table in 3d space.
It was an "upgrade" lately, it is so because it was introduced abruptly.

The reason why the DMEA is also updated is because it still has access to TAC update databases.
Don't ask why, but all TAC AI are forced to undergo the same update patches. So this is also an alternate way to end the DMEA - End ALL AI for the good of all, but send TAC back to the stone age. That alone won't solve the rebels though, and would probably let them steal TAC's Techs while they are all offline from the drastic change.

Or I could have the 3D update undone, if the forum proves that it is incapable of handling it.

I've been watching your RP since it began, and I agree with Boomik that the AI are just faces on the screen. It's not hinted that they can interact with people physically, nor is everyone updated about it.
They are still just faces on a screen, it's just that they look at each other at a table when discussing important matters.
Otherwise it is boring to just see text scrolling on a screen.
Rodrigo asked for it...

They can also be seen bringing up "windows" that show statistical data, like the stolen data from DMEA, or 3d geographical data on the table, which looks cooler than just seeing the face alongside the picture.

They cannot be interacted with in the physical sense, but they can be viewed in VR in terms of being able to see around their discussion area on a hologram table (actually exists btw) at a much smaller scale.

What I meant by humanoid is that they look like humans on the VR hologram table, not that they are humanoids that plug into computers to control them. That is a droid in TAC terms.

Last edited:

Legionite

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
This is why combat RP failed.

Everyone thinks differently.
I mean, seriously, how do I even expect to know who you "viewers" are?!?!
You "viewer" is just another anonymous person on the side of the internet who probably doesn't even care if I happen to have a life or not.
It's not like I know what people think until it all comes out.
So what is in your head is suddenly canon?
Something I don't know at all, even though extreme scrutiny?
Honestly I would be better off wasting my lore stuffs writing a book than just mindlessly putting it on the forum.

After all, who also hosted the Kiwi Wars II as well and the first combat RP, so why should anyone care about them anyways?
It's not like they probably read it all.
It's not like they were able to continue it successfully while the user was gone.
A kingdom has been doing RP for awhile, but suddenly they have authority on reality control by rendering my work ???
Right after just entering it for the first time!?
I want to see how far this RP goes on without me.
I quit.

ERROR- Primary core overloaded - Force venting

Sometimes, I feel like I am just another pawn on this dumb planet.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Boy, I didn't mean to disrespect you. I want this to work, as much as everyone else does. I'm playing along, hence my last sentence of agreement. :)

Now, what's your plan? You've got ships all over Duck territory now.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Introduction to the lore:
My, the lore is very complex, and I don't blame you for not being able to keep up. It has already spanned more than 75 pages on this forum!

See a massive summary on the lore [Here]
@QuackDuck did an amazing job on it.

A recent piece of lore-
While it may seem far fetched, TAC has AI that are ironically meant to be human-like, meaning that they have humanoid views on a monitor or VR headset.
What they look like in VR:
Basic Base AI has red hair in sort of exploding ponytail at the the top-ish back and a side comb at the front. black eye color and, with a skinny stature stands at somewhat above the average human height. Lightly tanned skin.
As seen in the lore, she is very outbursty and craves attention.
She commands all TAC defenses and is TAC's elite anti-virus&hacker, except against the TAC Spec Ops Automated AI Deterrent and Disabling Systems that protect TAC secrets like the AGALS before they are allowed to be disclosed.
Basic Base is the lead base manager, and on TAC territories, she would also be the border guard.

Markus One AI is a very easy character to picture: Wears rectangle rimmed glasses, black hair and eyes, and is very good at FPS games for being insanely accurate with "headshots". Has somewhat light tanned skin.
Somewhat cowardly in speaking dangerous matters, but will do what's right when it matters.
Obeys TAC (although sometimes proves otherwise) well and is the prime AI of the TAC Valhalla.
Markus One is the AI in charge of the TAC Valhalla, the TAC mothership.

Other AIs don't have any appearance yet, since their makers actually probably have an intended appearance for them in their heads.

The DMEA is the closest to the "hive mind" logic, even more so than TAC is.
It most actually resembles legion in comparison to the Legion Concept art, a byproduct of bad AI treatment within TAC. While it was a fault of wrongdoing, a small cult in TAC actually likes the look of the DMEA and some warship it, but have not actually did anything bad thus far, so they are good.
DMEA- A horrid dark purple robotic humanoid with spikes on its shoulders, 4 red glowing eyes, and sharp teeth. Was once more human, but confinement to a folder filled with dated memes and internet stuffs has caused it to slowly change to suit its confined treatment, and to eventually strike fear in its captors.
<very late reply>

Ok. I like that your AI's appearances are humanoid! I would say it would let them interact with humans easier.

But I didn't expect the base one to be female.

I thought we were all on one big planet. After all, how did we invade eachother without space technology?

And I think you misunderstood me. The DMEA is attacking the entire home PLANET, not just Duck territory.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
I thought we were all on one big planet. After all, how did we invade eachother without space technology?

And I think you misunderstood me. The DMEA is attacking the entire home PLANET, not just Duck territory.
Wait. I'm an idiot. I forgot that. We initially started that way (besides me, I turned up with an armada).

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
- - - WARNING - - -
Athena AI has hacked the DMEA's central computer, revealing its plans! The DMEA is heading back towards DR-Alpha for round two, this time with heavy reinforcements! ETA 3 days...

And Rogue Kiwis have been spotted at a nearby Kebabian outpost on now Kebabian controlled planet Malapet to steal our captured Kiwi ships!

THIS IS BAD!!! We are being attacked from both sides, and EVERYONE will get involved! Our home planet is in danger, and so is Malapet's capture! We need as many reinforcements as possible to stop DMEA! We only have 3 days to prepare, and we also have to shield Malapet from Rogue Kiwis before they take back their old ships!

We need all your help, and fast! Anyone have any ideas!?
insert 2 apples in computer cd drive
doot, boop, or scree as the computer tells you too
drink out of a non-sentient teapot
yay you win

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
- - - WARNING - - -
Athena AI has hacked the DMEA's central computer, revealing its plans! The DMEA is heading back towards DR-Alpha for round two, this time with heavy reinforcements! ETA 3 days...

And Rogue Kiwis have been spotted at a nearby Kebabian outpost on now Kebabian controlled planet Malapet to steal our captured Kiwi ships!

THIS IS BAD!!! We are being attacked from both sides, and EVERYONE will get involved! Our home planet is in danger, and so is Malapet's capture! We need as many reinforcements as possible to stop DMEA! We only have 3 days to prepare, and we also have to shield Malapet from Rogue Kiwis before they take back their old ships!

We need all your help, and fast! Anyone have any ideas!?
Oh damn. I've got to write fast...

Somewhere in a thread, I posted a 'hyperdrive inhibitor'. They stop jumps into hyperspace so place them around malapet to stop the rouge kiwis from escaping if they get any ships.

Legionite

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
But I didn't expect the base one to be female.
Houston (male) is mission control AI responsible for the takeoff and landing of TAC space Techs, but that is another story altogether.
(Not lore important)

And there was a hint earlier about this.

While it doesn't look like much is coming, it is best to assume that the DMEA's forces are durable, so best not to underestimate them, even though if there is just two minions and a huge lance thing heading our way.

It only (roughly) looked like it was going to attack just one kingdom, but the TAC may be wrong. Those ships could actually have main cannons on them for all we know.
They *might* have inherited the quality builds trait of the TAC.

Still not much is known about the DMEA. The AIs were barely able to sneak in and get out unnoticed.
Their weapons are still a mystery.

Time to send the scouts.

Somewhere in a thread, I posted a 'hyperdrive inhibitor'. They stop jumps into hyperspace so place them around malapet to stop the rouge kiwis from escaping if they get any ships.
Very well, let the search begin.

Ask @harpo99999 on that topic.
Most of the larger juicers feature an angling option that lets them adjust their artillery angle via multi-tech magic.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Excuse had pic quality.

This is my drawing of an SFS SHIELDSHIP. It's an idea I had. I'll try and explain later.
IMG_20180507_194343_hdr.jpg
6 of them attached together make a huge shield and I based the design off this tactic= here

Hopefully that helps.