Kingdom Rules

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
I will be editing this post based on what you guys suggest

War:

Any denial of an oppurtunity for the defender/attacker to attack is not allowed

All HQs ( does not include temporary ones ) must and will have an anti-nuke/powerful bomb system. This is to prevent simply nuking the HQ ( you won't get much out of that, though )

If a kingdom does not want to be attacked, you should not attack them but they should not attack either

Progression:
Refrain from making your kingdom OP within 2 days. You must tell how you got your resources

Misc:
DO NOT create any more kingdoms until more people come to the fourms and want to join a kingdom.

Last edited:

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
I think war between kingdoms should be turn based, and that weapons that take time to move over a large area, or nukes in general, should have a turn frame to allow the opposing player to react.

Rule 1: Denying the defender/attacker a vital turn (possible destruction of a key Tech, or any turn in general) will result in an automatic ignorance of such an attack, meaning that the side that had their turn skipped doesn't have to pay attention to the attack that was "double dipped" by it's opponent.
Basically any turn skip cheat maneuver will not count, and the other kingdom gets to do their turn like normal.

Rule 2: Rule 1 does not apply in battles related to "wild Techs"(except juicers), or conflicts specifically only hosted in the hosting kingdom's own territory with indigenous attackers.

Rule 3: All nukes, regardless of their cost, speed, kind, or abilities (this even includes "warping/jumping insta-hit nukes") must take 2 or more turns to reach their target because their existence renders whole Techs or armies of Techs obsolete. They also have a 50% miss any Tech that can go faster that 60 mph.
Any Tech designed to move really fast, explode itself and "create a crater", or destroy an entire large Tech (this means close to capital-class, but obviously don't count techs smaller than 14x14x14) or more in one hit is always counted as a nuke.

Rule 4: All legit Kingdom HQs (not temporary RP-storyline ones) automatically own a Anti-ICBM defense that can automatically shoot down incoming ICBMs/nukes without having to say so. This makes it so that an actual fight is required to capture an HQ.
HQs are automatically returned back to the original kingdom after a day in full working condition.

Rule 5: If a kingdom's leader is in a bad state, or just don't want to be attacked due to morale issues, don't attack that kingdom or expect the powerful @saiwuntest to intervene to prevent possible thread closures and kingdom lockdown destruction. The kingdom with morale issues cannot attack other kingdoms ether.

Rule 6: A kingdom isn't allowed to produce any more BB than a certain maximum value per day. This value will be specified later. This is put in to make sure that the warring kingdoms are balanced.

Rule 7 (optional): You kingdom must at least experience some kind of disaster sometime to make it look "realistic"

Rule 8: New kingdoms are highly not recommended, but it can be done with determination. Any new Kingdoms will be invincible until they get their first new member. During this period, it is highly suggested not to attack the other kingdoms as the invincibility ends as soon as you strike the first blow on another kingdom.
Attacking new kingdoms just because "ANOTHER KINGDOM!!!!1!1!" is not a valid excuse to go to war.

Rule #9: You cannot loot a kingdom for their blocks, resources, Tech blueprints, existing Techs, flag, or BB's unless authorized by that kingdom's king. Acquiring the resources anyways without permission will result in the attacked kingdom having rights to keep their stuff, and to reclaim their "duplicated loot" from the attacking kingdom.

Rule 10: When multiplayer comes out, you must warn another kingdom before attacking them. Larger kingdoms aren't allowed to attack or destroy smaller kingdom's bases until they are even, or the small kingdom's base is close within the range of 100(subject to change)m. The other kingdom must respond back with a "ready", or else the attack cannot happen.

Last edited:

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
I think war between kingdoms should be turn based, and that weapons that take time to move over a large area, or nukes in general, should have a turn frame to allow the opposing player to react.

Rule 1: Denying the defender/attacker a vital turn (possible destruction of a key Tech, or any turn in general) will result in an automatic ignorance of such an attack, meaning that the side that had their turn skipped doesn't have to pay attention to the attack that was "double dipped" by it's opponent.
Basically any turn skip cheat maneuver will not count, and the other kingdom gets to do their turn like normal.

Rule 2: Rule 1 does not apply in battles related to "wild Techs"(except juicers), or conflicts specifically only hosted in the hosting kingdom's own territory with indigenous attackers.

Rule 3: All nukes, regardless of their cost, speed, kind, or abilities (this even includes "warping/jumping insta-hit nukes") must take 2 or more turns to reach their target because their existence renders whole Techs or armies of Techs obsolete. They also have a 50% miss any Tech that can go faster that 60 mph.
Any Tech designed to move really fast, explode itself and "create a crater", or destroy an entire large Tech (this means close to capital-class, but obviously don't count techs smaller than 14x14x14) or more in one hit is always counted as a nuke.

Rule 4: All legit Kingdom HQs (not temporary RP-storyline ones) automatically own a Anti-ICBM defense that can automatically shoot down incoming ICBMs/nukes without having to say so. This makes it so that an actual fight is required to capture an HQ.
HQs are automatically returned back to the original kingdom after a day in full working condition.

Rule 5: If a kingdom's leader is in a bad state, or just don't want to be attacked due to morale issues, don't attack that kingdom or expect the powerful @saiwuntest to intervene to prevent possible thread closures and kingdom lockdown destruction. The kingdom with morale issues cannot attack other kingdoms ether.

Rule 6: A kingdom isn't allowed to produce any more BB than a certain maximum value per day. This value will be specified later. This is put in to make sure that the warring kingdoms are balanced.

Rule 7 (optional): You kingdom must at least experience some kind of disaster sometime to make it look "realistic"

Rule 8: New kingdoms are highly not recommended, but it can be done with determination. Any new Kingdoms will be invincible until they get their first new member. During this period, it is highly suggested not to attack the other kingdoms as the invincibility ends as soon as you strike the first blow on another kingdom.
Attacking new kingdoms just because "ANOTHER KINGDOM!!!!1!1!" is not a valid excuse to go to war.

Rule #9: You cannot loot a kingdom for their blocks, resources, Tech blueprints, existing Techs, flag, or BB's unless authorized by that kingdom's king. Acquiring the resources anyways without permission will result in the attacked kingdom having rights to keep their stuff, and to reclaim their "duplicated loot" from the attacking kingdom.

Rule 10: When multiplayer comes out, you must warn another kingdom before attacking them. Larger kingdoms aren't allowed to attack or destroy smaller kingdom's bases until they are even, or the small kingdom's base is close within the range of 100(subject to change)m. The other kingdom must respond back with a "ready", or else the attack cannot happen.
Thanks for replying, just have some feedback on the rules
6. You should be able to produce however much BB you want. The smaller kingdoms will just have to think of unconventional tactics
7. Crippling your own kingdom should be optional
9. I don;t get this one. What you are saying is you cannot loot another kingdom unless they say yes? And isn't the point of attacking other kingdoms to take their loot and capture techs and bases?
10. Then just put your bases very far from the other kingdom's bases. plus, they won't get much out of attacking very small kingdoms

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
I'd like to point out that the Lemon Kingdom avoids war.

However, there is a loophole: its members can still fight in their own terms. I'm interested in your fights. So if I were to join this game of yours, leave the Lemon Kingdom at large out of this.

I will be representing myself, with my own fleet. What are the requirements to join this game?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
I'd like to point out that the Lemon Kingdom avoids war.

However, there is a loophole: its members can still fight in their own terms. I'm interested in your fights. So if I were to join this game of yours, leave the Lemon Kingdom at large out of this.

I will be representing myself, with my own fleet. What are the requirements to join this game?
This is not a game. The turn-based fighting will be standard until multiplayer comes out. Also, I did not come up with the idea of turn-based fighting.

The Lemon Kingdom is allowed to not attack anything, but you may be attacked by other groups/kingdoms, In that case, you have to use the turn-based fighting.

Check out other threads for examples

Reactions: Legionite

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
I thought this was for fun. We don't need rules, this is for FUN. Like @Baconus_Yum said, a few basic rules will do, but no rules regarding HOW we have fun. Like: no more kingdoms blah blah blah, or something like that, not like attacks MUST be turn based, or ANYTHING you guys just suggested. This is for FUN. You're treating this like it's SERIOUS.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
I thought this was for fun. We don't need rules, this is for FUN. Like @Baconus_Yum said, a few basic rules will do, but no rules regarding HOW we have fun. Like: no more kingdoms blah blah blah, or something like that, not like attacks MUST be turn based, or ANYTHING you guys just suggested. This is for FUN. You're treating this like it's SERIOUS.
If you propose a change to the rules, then say so
They don't HAVE to be turn based, but they currently are because there was only one person that suggested
We need a standard system to do things because if we don't then everything gets messed up
Also, I don't think it is a good idea to have 20 kingdoms right now

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
If you propose a change to the rules, then say so
They don't HAVE to be turn based, but they currently are because there was only one person that suggested
We need a standard system to do things because if we don't then everything gets messed up
Also, I don't think it is a good idea to have 20 kingdoms right now
How about every kingdom has their own way of attacking and their own rules, with a few general rules. Nothing too crazy like what we have now. Also, there hasn't been a new kingdom in a few weeks, which is pretty good.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
How about every kingdom has their own way of attacking and their own rules, with a few general rules. Nothing too crazy like what we have now. Also, there hasn't been a new kingdom in a few weeks, which is pretty good.
This is what I meant
We should have some general rules
I will edit the mainpost

Reactions: Boomik

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
9. I don;t get this one. What you are saying is you cannot loot another kingdom unless they say yes? And isn't the point of attacking other kingdoms to take their loot and capture techs and bases?
To prevent issues regarding "Rule 5".
Sometimes suddenly destroying all of someone's hard work and then taking it all for yourself can be very punishing to the other person.

It also makes battles way too fair when they're not supposed to be, which is sort of the point.
Turn based combat makes it so that it is equally FUN for both sides.
It insures that both sides are even as possible in combat and that both sides can experience the FUN part of the action.;)

Remove the turn based combat, and you get one side with all of the FUN, and the other side with NO FUN.
Having no turn based combat leads to the use of the powerful word "BEFORE", which will result in a huge cluster mess of conflicting words.:rolleyes:

Please try to be considerate of others, like what others have been trying to tell you the whole time you have been in the Terra Tech Forums...
Use the "common sense filter" included with *most* human beings and make sure what you are going to say doesn't offend others, so that others don't have to turn off their filter like what I am doing right now.
Sorry I sounded disrespectful for a moment and for anybody offended by it...:(

That part is just there just to make sure that all kingdoms (and they participants) still get enjoy the
FUN of role-play while legitimately destroying kingdoms. No one has to be left out just because they were destroyed by an enemy.

Applies to all my points:
Besides, nobody wants to lose everything, even if it is just a "side-kingdom".;)

Although I do agree that the EFF-side campaign was too good at stealing all of the attention from the other kingdoms (way better than I expected actually:()...

Any more questions on my post above (to make things clear)?
Edit: Changed referencing.

Last edited:

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
To prevent issues regarding "Rule 6".
Rule 6 should not exist
The kingdoms should have varing power
If one kingdom is way more powerful than another, there is no reason for the smaller one to get crushed
It will be a waste if resources for little to no gain

Also, about the HQ's, they only should be able to hold on it their last one

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
To prevent issues regarding "Rule 6".

Turn based combat makes it so that it is equally FUN for both sides.
It insures that both sides are even as possible in combat and that both sides can experience the FUN part of the action.;)

Remove the turn based combat, and you get one side with all of the FUN, and the other side with NO FUN.
Having no turn based combat leads to the use of the powerful word "BEFORE", which will result in a huge cluster mess of conflicting words.:rolleyes:

Please try to be considerate of others, like what others have been trying to tell you the whole time you have been in the Terra Tech Forums...
Use the "common sense filter" included with *most* human beings and make sure what you are going to say doesn't offend others, so that others don't have to turn off their filter like what I am doing right now.
Sorry I sounded disrespectful for a moment and for anybody offended by it...:(

That part is just there just to make sure that all kingdoms (and they participants) still get enjoy the
FUN of role-play while legitimately destroying kingdoms. No one has to be left out just because they were destroyed by an enemy.

Applies to all my points:
Besides, nobody wants to lose everything, even if it is just a "side-kingdom".;)

Although I do agree that the EFF-side campaign was too good at stealing all of the attention from the other kingdoms (way better than I expected actually:()...

Any more questions on my post above (to make things clear)?
What's the fun in everything being equal? Some times, you have lots of fun. Other times, you lose a lot, but you have to deal with it.

Also, who said I was human?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
What's the fun in everything being equal? Some times, you have lots of fun. Other times, you lose a lot, but you have to deal with it.

Also, who said I was human?
You misunderstand

The match setup should be equal
The actual power and stratgey should not
This turn-based fighting is to prevent a tiny tech from taking down an entire army due to you dening the enemy all their turns

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
You misunderstand

The match setup should be equal
The actual power and stratgey should not
This turn-based fighting is to prevent a tiny tech from taking down an entire army due to you dening the enemy all their turns
If you want to, then you want to. People won't like you if you do it, but nothing will stop you. You can have all the fun you want even if it ruins other people's fun although they won't like it.

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Rule 6 should not exist
Whoops, I meant to reference Rule 5, my mistake.

You can have all the fun you want even if it ruins other people's fun although they won't like it.
Go way too far with that and you end up with bullying, something that I absolutely dislike more than losing my 15+ hours of masterplanned shenanigans...(Check my part in the "Meet the Community" thread for more details.)
I can already recall possible issues with this: Making fun of others, ridiculing other's work, and defacing other's work.
FYI: The Terra Tech Community doesn't tolerate bullying.

Last edited:

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
If you want to, then you want to. People won't like you if you do it, but nothing will stop you. You can have all the fun you want even if it ruins other people's fun although they won't like it.
Whoops, I meant to reference Rule 5, my mistake.

Go way too far with that and you end up with bullying, something that I absolutely dislike more than losing my 15+ hours of masterplanned shenanigans...(Check my part in the "Meet the Community" thread for more details.)
I can already recall possible issues with this: Making fun of others, ridiculing other's work, and defacing other's work.
FYI: The Terra Tech Community doesn't tolerate bullying.
I agree with @Legionite
This is exactly why we need some standard rules you you can't render the defenses obsolete
Also, the rules say that if you skip someone's turn, the attack or defense becomes nonexistent

About rule 5 and 9, the are basically the same thing

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
My point is:
Any rules regarding RP shouldn't exist. You can do RP however you'd like, if it annoys others, then they'll ignore you/disclude you. @Legionite your rules are too much and take the fun away for EVERYONE. An offensive kingdom won't have fun because none of their attacks are successful. A defensive kingdom wont have fun because they'll just defend the attack every time, and they won't even be able to be attacked other times.

Rules I think we should keep:

The rest we shouldn't keep.

Rules #1, #2, and #3
What if you don't like turn based attacking?

Rule #8
Anyone can go to war with anyone else as long as their leader approves.

Rule #9
Seriously? Then what's the point of raiding a kingdom?

Rule #10
There won't be able to be surprise attacks, then.

Rules don't make sense on an anarchic planet. Kingdoms may have their own rules, but no other rules by a 'greater being'.

You know what's funny? Only @Benbacon and @Legionite agreed to have these rules. No one else did.