Kingdom RP Logic

Has TAC been a bad role-model for role-play?

• Yep, very bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No

• Total voters

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
What's Currently Known (by me) about Kingdoms in this Forum:
Kingdom Basics:
If you aren't planning to be dedicated to the forums, then joining a kingdom is not recommended as you will miss out on various kingdom events in certain kingdoms.

Making a new kingdom is highly not recommended due to members of the other kingdoms thinking that there are "too many kingdoms". Creating a new kingdom may result in immediate war with the disgruntled kingdoms.

Lemon Kingdom is the oldest kingdom of all the kingdoms.

Kiwi Kingdom was the first kingdom to introduce basic combat and declaring war on other kingdoms.

TAC was technically the first kingdom that inspired the "great kingdom outbreak" and the basic role-play "attack format".
Therefore any issues with role-play combat might have been due to TAC's combat perspective VS random enemies being portrayed as a universal combat format by both TAC's founder and other kingdoms.
This will be corrected in the future to allow room for a more balanced combat format.

Unknowns:
At this point I am honestly not sure how balanced RP is right now.
Everybody seems to have different attack styles, but the defender usually doesn't get to input actions!
So, just wondering: How does every kingdom lay out their RP shenanigans?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
Main Problem:
We are still making up stuff for the kiwis even though they might not have it

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Lemon Kingdom just posts resources, Techs and such. We don't really fight.

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
How about when you're attacking, you're tech that's in battle currently has a set "speed". That's how fast you can attack. For example, a tech with speed 10 can attack twice per turn, but a tech with speed 1 can only attack once every 2 turns. Also, about the turn thing, how about it doesn't turns to move onto the battlefield? Like, you're already there. Also, each turn you should be able to do some action(s) with some of your tech(s). Whaddya think?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
How about when you're attacking, you're tech that's in battle currently has a set "speed". That's how fast you can attack. For example, a tech with speed 10 can attack twice per turn, but a tech with speed 1 can only attack once every 2 turns. Also, about the turn thing, how about it doesn't turns to move onto the battlefield? Like, you're already there. Also, each turn you should be able to do some action(s) with some of your tech(s). Whaddya think?
Only with enemies that are not other kingdoms

Doing this with other kingdoms will result in the other kingdom being OP or making them do unreasonable moves
Also notice how the kiwis haven't attacked us yet

Last edited:

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
Do I get something wrong or am I the only person, that feels like that:

Everything about the Kingdoms should be fun.
Everything is mainly made up stuff by a few crazy people.
All the stuff happening here (Kiwi war, Lemon greatness, ... ) is fantasy based mayhem.

Therefore, putting any rules or RP mechanics in it is a very bad idea in my honest opinion.
I even highly doubt, that the economy system aka marketplace and money and resource counting is beneficial for the fun.
But that is my very personal view on that topic.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
How about we don't go to war with each other until multiplayer comes out?

That way we will:
1. have more people in each kingdom when we go to war
2. Actually test the capabilities of each kingdom
3. Stop making up stuff for other kingdoms to make them weak or OP
4. Give time for each kingdom to develop

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
How about we don't go to war with each other until multiplayer comes out?

That way we will:
1. have more people in each kingdom when we go to war
2. Actually test the capabilities of each kingdom
3. Stop making up stuff for other kingdoms to make them weak or OP
4. Give time for each kingdom to develop
Then what are we doing right now? Multiplayer is still months away.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
Then what are we doing right now? Multiplayer is still months away.
Fight other 'factions' that are not kingdoms
Build up resouces
Make more techs
Build more techs
Get more people

Hope that should be enough things to do

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
Not to derail this thread any but I noticed a new banner I've never seen before on @Senorragequit that seems....odd and out of place with no real reference to it for the banner system: Vice President.

What was the requirement to get this one as the only way I can think of is by joining a company (Payload for example for which I have not seen any announcements for this and your SIG corroborates this unless you have not updated it....) or the highest office in government (Prez/VP).

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
@Senorragequit your signature has false information. It says "join us for achieving peace among nations", however all that you've been doing is disrupting peace. It should say, "join us to cause chaos and destruction among all nation".

Aug 13, 2014
Germany
Not to derail this thread any but I noticed a new banner I've never seen before on @Senorragequit that seems....odd and out of place with no real reference to it for the banner system: Vice President.

What was the requirement to get this one as the only way I can think of is by joining a company (Payload for example for which I have not seen any announcements for this and your SIG corroborates this unless you have not updated it....) or the highest office in government (Prez/VP).
It's a special Kickstarter rank.
Now enough with that off-topic

Reactions: Masakari