Keyboard & Mouse Support for Consoles

Cleecayce

Hi Payload,

Please add this support for consoles please, I play on console because it has better graphics and fps in my case.

I think it would be a great addition to the game for people that prefer keyboard and mouse but can't afford a gaming pc like me!

TheUberCannon

"""Well-Known"""
sorry to burst your bubble (and to necro this post, honestly) but as far as I know there's no way ever that any console (or at least PS3, xbox, switch or any other popular console right now) is going to support keyboard and mouse, and neither is any company going to get on that

so you're stuck with two options, one being sticking with the gamepad and having to deal with the block limit
or two, save up for a higher spec pc to play this game optimally, being more worth it in the long run though than playing on console

and do I wish for this? well I don't know, I don't play console
but hey at least you can play on pc with a gamepad, that's nice

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Sorta related, but who do I have to fight to get this turned into a microsoft play anywhere title? I own it on Xbox, and I'd love to play on my buddies PC.

tdb

sorry to burst your bubble (and to necro this post, honestly) but as far as I know there's no way ever that any console (or at least PS3, xbox, switch or any other popular console right now) is going to support keyboard and mouse, and neither is any company going to get on that
Huh?

Official information that Xbox One supports keyboard and mouse. Ok, so it seems to be a fairly new thing, rolled out in last November, and not a lot of games make use of it yet, but the support is there.

Playstation 4 also supports this and there are some games that use it. It seems to have been around long enough that I couldn't find any news of when the support was introduced. It appears it was already there in Playstation 3.

Heck, I even found hints that Nintendo Switch has the hardware support.

Now, I don't know what it requires on the software side to use keyboard and mouse on a console, or if you need to pay the console maker extra for using them, but clearly "there's no way ever that any console is going to support keyboard and mouse" is blatantly false.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Huh?

Official information that Xbox One supports keyboard and mouse. Ok, so it seems to be a fairly new thing, rolled out in last November, and not a lot of games make use of it yet, but the support is there.

Playstation 4 also supports this and there are some games that use it. It seems to have been around long enough that I couldn't find any news of when the support was introduced. It appears it was already there in Playstation 3.

Now, I don't know what it requires on the software side to use keyboard and mouse on a console, or if you need to pay the console maker extra for using them, but clearly "there's no way ever that any console is going to support keyboard and mouse" is blatantly false.
You can find Xbox keyboards at Walmart. At least the one I shop at on the salty salty salt flats. They only take oleite though...

TheUberCannon

"""Well-Known"""
Huh?

oh hey I didn't even look up any of that, thanks

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate

so you're stuck with two options, one being sticking with the gamepad and having to deal with the block limit
or two, save up for a higher spec pc to play this game optimally, being more worth it in the long run though than playing on console

and do I wish for this? well I don't know, I don't play console
but hey at least you can play on pc with a gamepad, that's nice
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwimmfGMkObgAhWBIK0GHc-kBvAYABAGGgJwdg&ae=1&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESEOD2RGmzNj1fbyuD_jBuk04&sig=AOD64_3a9NYb0-LvPMYRinHN0X7rTj3eJQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwj7r-qMkObgAhXKrVQKHTrjDUkQwg96BAgKEAc&adurl=https://sharktankmedia.com/products/xim-apex-mouse-and-keyboard-adapter-for-xbox-one-playstation-4-ps4-xbox-360?variant=6018385870877&gclid=Cj0KCQiAk-7jBRD9ARIsAEy8mh4TM56VZbZ_yJNPFul75lxCYC426yoLxODb96fyqREgT4-DS3inB9UaAqEUEALw_wcB here you go. All payload needs is whatever it takes to make the console version compatible. I don't know what that is, but hey, we have the technology. Step down from your PC pedestal, please. Even works on 360.