Kamikaze Cores

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by _Kaasblokje_, Oct 31, 2018.

1. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Well-Known Member

I'm probably not the first one that has suggested or said that they want kamikaze blocks, but today (on Sp00kyday :eek:) I will post my take on it.

Okay, so this is my idea for kamikaze blocks:

The blocks are 2x2x2 or 4x4x4 large, in other words there is a small version and a large version, For now lets name the small one the “Gso Destruction Core” and the large one the “Hawkeye Annihilation Core” (maybe even the Reticule Research Annihilation Core :eek:)
    The cores could look like the exp heavy gyroscope but with a glowing core, this is just an idea of mine though.

When a core is attached to your tech you can detonate it with a specific key, lets say it’s the "C"-key for now,

The cores also detonate when the user’s tech (or the kamikaze block itself) rams into something at high speed and experiences a sudden stop. This could create some interesting mechanics and makes sure the player handles these kamikaze blocks with great care. I will explain later on what this mechanic could be used for.

When the kamikaze block detonates, it creates a giant explosion (especially when using the large version,) which also damages the user’s tech(s).

Because it also damages the user's tech, and is a single use weapon, players must be very careful when using these powerful weapons. This creates a high risk and high reward type block.

The kamikaze blocks should have a very low amount of health (and when broken they also explode), this encourages the player to cover up these blocks and forces the user to be more creative. (Putting them in the middle of a large tech can be very costly after all, and can cause the enemy tech to recieve less damage because it’s further away from the blast radius.)

Because the blocks also detonate when they experience a sudden stop (from ramming into an enemy or a wall for example), they can be used in very creative designs, players could launch these self-destructing blocks using some sort of catapult tech using explosive bolts, or could attach them with exploding bolts onto a bomber airplane and detonate those bolts, causing the kamikaze blocks to fall and detonate on the ground or on the enemy tech.

Geez, this took long to write.

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please post them down below.

2. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

I have wanted these forever (There should also be an ai reticule cab that unlocks kamikaze AI option) also, 4x4x4 sounds a bit to big, maybe it would have removed corner and edge blocks to make it into more of a ball shape

harpo99999 and Sokolov like this.
  3. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Well-Known Member

A kamikaze-style cab is a decent idea, maybe the explosion gets larger the more blocks you use for example? Something like that could indeed be something cool to have ingame.

And 4x4x4 indeed is quite massive, but for an extremely destructive weapon with this size should make things more balanced, a kamikaze weapon this large would force players to be more creative and more careful when building kamikaze techs.
    Removing the corners from the 4x4x4 tech should be fine though.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  4. Soviet_Samuelson

More fuel = more boom

harpo99999 likes this.
  5. Dynamix

Dynamix Do you want to have a GOOD time?

This can make a manually controlled missile on big flyers or hovers when combined with explosive bolts.
    How you ask? Well,build a tech that can fly but very explosive and compact(this is your missile),then attach it to your main tech.

6. Soviet_Samuelson