is carbite only found in salt flats?

im asking because i havent seen a salt flats area in my entire playthrough and i dont know if im going to find one and i dont know if my crafting base and turret is going to show up on my radar if i go far away

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
so you dont need to reply to this
But I will, because I'm like that... I think the nearest [SCU] allied tech always shows and techs with SCUs always show on radar too. But a suggestion, to be safe, would be just to note down the co-ordinates of your base (or take a screenshot with them showing). Or save the game at base, manually, before you set off, so you can reload from there.

And yes, Carbite only fount on the Salt flats [and the Ice Biome]. Personally I've never had trouble finding one within a couple minutes of flying in a straight line in any fixed direction (at 100mph).

I've moved this post to "Community help" from "Open", as it's perfect for this section.:)

Last edited:

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
Yes, infact, SCU ALWAYS shows up on the map, but only the closest one. But allied techs dont. If there is an SCU, the allied tech wont show on the map if youre far enough away (i dont know exactly how far, maybe 1km). Otherways, the allied techs will also always be on the map.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Doesn't it also spawn in ice biomes, or is that just the celestite?
Yes! Good point (oh geez, me and my mis-information, here).

You can find ice & pillar biomes ONLY farther than 10 000 on at least one of the coordinates
It's definitely far less than that, like ~5000m (on the radar co-ordinates). Maybe a little less (I've found pillars repeatedly closer than 10km, recently in campaign and creative).

Anyway, always the best strategy is to just travel in a straight line in one direction to find these things.

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
Yes! Good point (oh geez, me and my mis-information, here).

It's definitely far less than that, like ~5000m (on the radar co-ordinates). Maybe a little less (I've found pillars repeatedly closer than 10km, recently in campaign and creative).

Anyway, always the best strategy is to just travel in a straight line in one direction to find these things.
strange.. i flew around for like a hour while testing stuff and didnt saw a single ice/pillar biome closer than 10km

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I thought carbite could be found in rock chunks (not veins) occasionally in deserts/mountains also. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Also - @Dragon01010100 one of the best ways to find resources you're missing is to scrap unwanted components. GSO 8-barrel mini-mortars (which are extremely common after a few hours) each give two carbius bricks when scrapped. You can view what you'll get by scrapping by looking at the block recipe in the fabricator or looking on the wiki.