Ion Drives not behaving properly as "lift"

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I built a tech which is basically a helicopter but with Ion drives pointed down instead of propellers. For whatever reason, these don't react the same way propellers do when using the helicopter (or similar) control scheme. They don't keep to a fixed lift percentage, and don't cause the thrust axis to appear. Has anyone else experienced this similarly?

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi there Saelem Black, as Soviet Samuelson has mentioned, the Hawkeye Rotors are the only current blocks that use the axis throttle control by default. This is by design, you can however use a Better Future Linear Motor Engine to simulate the controls you want to use with the Ion Drives.

Thanks!

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Hi there Saelem Black, as Soviet Samuelson has mentioned, the Hawkeye Rotors are the only current blocks that use the axis throttle control by default. This is by design, you can however use a Better Future Linear Motor Engine to simulate the controls you want to use with the Ion Drives.

Thanks!
The linear motion engines also have acel controlls
But they also suck

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com

Thanks!
the rotors don't activate the throttle control for some reason, but heli blades do

Last edited: