Invader Calling button/block?

xSoNz

Loves building
Aug 1, 2017
Serbia
Well there's not much you can do at the endgame of TerraTech... And also you got that many blocks and money that you basically have everything you need. If you need a wep, you could craft/buy it or even take it from enemies. But when you got all that, you're basically indestructible and any tech you find is weak, or you take it down long-range.
So i thought maybe there can be a way to craft a block and place it on ground then an invader can come? Or a button that has a time limit how many can you spawn per hour or something.

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
Feb 15, 2017
Somewhere
Wouldn't it be just a way to get free blocks? I mean if you just press a button and wait for him and then you slaughter him instead of him ambushing you. Otherwise its a good suggestion. I asked for something like this in my END GAME BOSS thread

Reactions: xSoNz and Boomik

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Wouldn't it be just a way to get free blocks? I mean if you just press a button and wait for him and then you slaughter him instead of him ambushing you. Otherwise its a good suggestion. I asked for something like this in my END GAME BOSS thread
Yes, but when you do that you're (hopefull) endgame already, so it won't make that much of an imbalance. If not, then it's a gamble, winner takes all.

Reactions: xSoNz

Gayvid`

Yes, I'm a well-known member
Sep 12, 2015
this is so weird , when i made a similar thread , nobody cared but now? Wtf

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
I think there needs to be some push back against the easy money gain of Erudite farming (see this video of mine, if you don't agree). A natural way of doing that could be the semi-randomised summoning of invaders, after you sell large volumes (of resources) from a particular area (or in general). They come to get in on a piece of the action!:)

Last edited:

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
I think there needs to be some push back against the easy money gain of Erudite farming (see this video of mine, if you don't agree). A natural way of doing that could be the semi-randomised summoning of invaders, after you sell large volumes (of resource) from a particular area (or in general). They come to get in on a piece of the action!:)
Maybe moving erudite clusters to rare biome, like having few single erudite rods in starting green and clusters only on edge between salt flats and green... or something like that, so invaders do not attack on green.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Maybe moving erudite clusters to rare biome, like having few single erudite rods in starting green and clusters only on edge between salt flats and green... or something like that, so invaders do not attack on green.
Fair point, maybe the starting area should stay safe, and some change to the world generation, like that, might enable it.

I think the plentiful clusters of Erudite, there, make sense as a way to get a modest amount of cash very early game, before (most) people have Auto-miners, by just raiding the couple that drop from each crystal outcrop. So maybe make them more like outcrops in the columns biome, with no seams under any of them. Or just under a few of them...

Last edited:

xSoNz

Loves building
Aug 1, 2017
Serbia
Sorry for late replies but i totally forgot about the forum xD.

Yes this is a cool idea, maybe some OP stuff from the workshop or something like a very big tank that is a size of a advanced base or something, would really like to see that kind of stuff. And i will take an idea from some1, i don't really know who suggested this idea, but maybe that tank/base whatever will have a scanning block or a obtaining block of some kind that when you have the scan block, you can scan the other techs (enemy techs) and if you like it, you could just save it like a snapchot. And the obtaining block, uhh, maybe something like pay 10000BB for obtaining a small-size tech? Like literally it becomes yours.

I think there needs to be some push back against the easy money gain of Erudite farming (see this video of mine, if you don't agree). A natural way of doing that could be the semi-randomised summoning of invaders, after you sell large volumes (of resources) from a particular area (or in general). They come to get in on a piece of the action!:)
Really love the speedrun, and yeah, having a lot of money is not a problem in TerraTech. Nice showcase!

Fair point, maybe the starting are should stay safe, and some change to the world generation, like that, might enable it.

I think the plentiful clusters of Erudite, there, make sense as a way to get a modest amount of cash very early game, before (most) people have Auto-miners, by just raiding the couple that drop from each crystal outcrop. So maybe make them more like outcrops in the columns biome, with no seams under any of them. Or just under a few of them...
Well... My opinion is, for obtaining a resource, a rare one, like idk, maybe a new resource could be implemented for kind of OP guns. My opinion is that, those kinda resources could be only obtained by destroying a enemy protected base with a lot of crates there that contain blocks of that kind of resource maybe? I actually really wanna see that. 4 turrets protect a 4-block of resource blocks, equipped with shields and healing bubbles, something like 'The Brick' In R&D.

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
I think that this block should be called the "Battle Block" or something along those lines. It should double enemy spawn rate and power, and you can summon invaders for a certain amount of power, or resources.

Like the power of 20 standard GSO batteries, or one hundred Eurdite blocks.

Reactions: xSoNz and Gayvid`

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
And i will take an idea from some1, i don't really know who suggested this idea, but maybe that tank/base whatever will have a scanning block or a obtaining block of some kind that when you have the scan block, you can scan the other techs (enemy techs) and if you like it, you could just save it like a snapchot.
Heh, are you thinking of my suggestion for a Pokemon style enemy tech design capturing system, in end game?:
(1) A telescope and/or scanner block might go half way to rectifying this disappointment, by snapping a 3D model of any enemy, that players could scrutinise more closely, from safety. With a Grabbit-like interactive 3D model shown. But that could better be paired with a reason and reward for doing so...
Or maybe there were other's who'd suggested similar scanner before (I have a brain itch saying maybe).

Really love the speedrun, and yeah, having a lot of money is not a problem in TerraTech. Nice showcase!
Thank you.:D

Last edited:

Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels

S H I N Y Mad Scientist
Nov 6, 2015
Winterpeg
Additional suggestion: Be it a block or a button or a mechanic, it should require having all licenses maxed and like one million bb to unlock. Not saying you need to pay a million, just that once you reach that point you become classed as End game level.

Reactions: xSoNz and BenBacon