Independent Techs

Skyfry428

I am currently making a tech that is essentially the same tech connected to itself, and I was wondering, If there are cabs/ai units on either side of the tech, and the pieces connecting the two sides are destroyed, would the now two techs be able to work independently?

Carlos Gil

I tried that and it did not work. What worked is making a tech within a tech, in case the outer tech gets destroyed the inner one can drive away.

I did this by creating a teach with its own weapons and wheels then connecting it to an outer shell with one weak piece. It cannot have multiple connection points or it fails.

hahadead7777

By any chance have you seen my Tech called "Trojan Horse"? It was intended on using the concept of 1 exploit the auto aim system and 2. To make your game a little more interesting when it looks so vulnerable ;) But until the game mechanic for if 1 Tech can turn into 2 is changed in vanilla or with a mod builds like mine will be a different kind of Trojan Horse. Let me just shoot that center *FPS -50%* have fun fighing. (depends on computer specs) :p

IceFireXD

The game does not currently support the "cluster bot" type tech. The devs have stated they really want to add this to the game, but it requires a LOT of code work, and is not very high on the priority list right now.

This is an awesome idea, meaning I could create a large tech carrying a smaller one in this scenario:

Pre-Implementation
What's this? A base?
Looks like my tech has to do the job!
No wait, wrong tech! RETREAT!

Post-Implementation
What's this? A base?
Looks like my tech has to do the job!
No wait, wrong tech! At least it's my carrier..
ATTACK! SEND IN THE ATTACK VESSEL!

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
You can carry techs with other techs you just can't order them together.