Well, for starters, enemy techs wouldn't drop any of their blocks. Instead, each tech would drop one Block Container upon defeat, which would contain a random block from the defeated tech's corporation. Sixty percent of the time, it would be a Common
block, such as a Little Trekker wheel or a Hawkeye angle bracket. Twenty-five percent of the time, it would be an Uncommon
block. Ten percent of the time, it'd be a Rare
block. Four and nine-tenths percent of the time, it would be an Epic
block. And one tenth of a percent of the time, it would be a Legendary
block, such as a cruise missile or a Titan truck wheel.
Now, that system may strike you as a little bit unfair, since you'd have to destroy at least four thousand enemy techs to get enough big Venture wheels for the monster truck of your dreams. Ah, but think of the pride and accomplishment you'd feel once you finally achieved that lofty goal! Think of the tears you'd shed when you subsequently drove into a forest and lost both front wheels! For the wealthy gamer without much time on their hands, though, there would be an alternative method on offer. For just one easy payment, you would be able to buy all the Block Containers you can eat! Pricing is as follows:
GSO Starter Pack
- Contains ten Common blocks and a random compressed resource block.
- Contains four Bumper wheels, two Megaton cannons, a shield bubble, a repair bubble, ten batteries and an exclusive GSO skin.
- Contains ten Uncommon blocks and a random skin.
: £11.99 (Most Popular!)
- Contains one Rare block, five Uncommon blocks and a random deedly-bopper. There are over four hundred to collect!
- Contains one Epic block, three Rare blocks and a random set of coloured blocks, plus fifty thousand FREE block bucks!
: £49.99 (Best Value!)
- Contains one Legendary block, three Epic blocks one hundred thousand FREE block bucks! Plus a chance to win a week's holiday in China for you and two friends! Friends must be willing to purchase their own aeroplane tickets and hotel rooms.
Of course, these systems would only exist to facilitate player choice, and it would be fine to play the game without buying any Block Containers. I imagine it'd be great fun trying to fight off the massive, cannon-toting enemy techs that start spawning as soon as you've built up your first Uncommon