Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
Currently, when we have wars, it is a complete mess. So, I propose a system:
How it works:

Each Kingdom takes turns replying to the thread where the 'war' takes place ( this would be a new dedicated thread )

Each reply is a 'turn.' In each turn, they may only do a limited amount of things, like moving, attacking, preparing an attack, etc. ( everyone will decide the limits )

A kingdom may only take its turn if the last turn was taken by the opposing kingdom or the other kingdom hasn't attacked in __ day ( s ) ( everyone will decide )

Pro:
Allows for more organized 'wars' ( no messes where wight kingdoms reply randomly will walls of text

Con:
Only works well with two kingdoms ( you can make it have three, going in a circle, taking turns, but it will be messy )

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
Does ANYONE have anything to say about this?
Please? I need feedback even though I know kingdom war is messy

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
REVIVE OF THIS THREAD!!!
I think we need new ways of hos phases work and how each side achieves victory
My proposition ( this will be added to main post if everyone approves )
If the battle is in space:
Rules:

Each side must have a space fleet
The HQ of each side must be in a normal planet ( so no bases around black holes )
Space techs cannot be used in the planetary phase

Phases:
Each side has the space battle. Once one side has achieved victory, the battle moves to the kingdom's HQ who lost the space battle. The battle then commences and the kingdom has to defend their HQ
If the defending kingdom loses the defense, the lose the war
If the defending kingdom win the defense, the battle moves back to space. If they have no more techs that can work in space, it is a draw

This continues until a kingdom loses a defense

Reactions: Boomik

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
REVIVE OF THIS THREAD!!!
I think we need new ways of hos phases work and how each side achieves victory
My proposition ( this will be added to main post if everyone approves )
If the battle is in space:
Rules:

Each side must have a space fleet
The HQ of each side must be in a normal planet ( so no bases around black holes )
Space techs cannot be used in the planetary phase

Phases:
Each side has the space battle. Once one side has achieved victory, the battle moves to the kingdom's HQ who lost the space battle. The battle then commences and the kingdom has to defend their HQ
If the defending kingdom loses the defense, the lose the war
If the defending kingdom win the defense, the battle moves back to space. If they have no more techs that can work in space, it is a draw

This continues until a kingdom loses a defense
Can I please got some feedback in words, not likes? Please?

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Balancing might be hard for certain circumstances, like the mechanics of a fighter-class wing fighting capital class ships.
Wing formation plans for specific ships or pulling off a spread-out swarm formation to minimize damage from capital-class attacks.

Kingdom specific traits?
As far as I know, TAC has the Quality Trait, meaning that every unit is a hero unit, with lore, but #of the units that TAC produces over time is very limited in comparison to the other kingdoms out there. In return, each Tech that come out from the limited Tech population growth is powerful and should not be underestimated.(unless it is the cheesy AI Cab army)

I guess the Kebabs have the Myriad Trait, meaning that they are quick to build many crafts in a short period of time as well as being able to expand quickly with resources. Think Zerg, but huge and shoots bullets.
Kingdoms also cannot really take them down too, since there are too much of them being built to even track down anyways.

Lemon Kingdom has the Stronghold Trait, their Techs move slow, but are very bulky and hard to damage. In return, they happen to have the most megatons of all kingdoms combined, meaning that any megaton RP nerfs could be fatal to their offensive potential.

UESO seems to have the Support Trait, where they can support allies and their own ships far more effectively than other kingdoms can. They *might* also have a greatly boosted repair rate.

Kiwis' trait: Meme Power! The power of memes to blot out an army of Techs. So far, they are invulnerable in their kingdom/invincible because of the memes, and have been resurrected by such memes numerous times.
The catch is that they also seem to have another branch that is normal ships and stuff not controlled by them who did not embrace the memes: Rogue/Rebel Kiwis in the Kiwi Wars thread.

SFS has the Massive Capital Ship Trait, meaning that they can build huge ships and Techs beyond scales other kingdoms can reach. The catch to this is unknown...

ChaOS' kingdom trait seems to obviously be hacking, since other kingdoms aren't that specialized in it. No catch, other than this kingdom seems to be inactive most of the time.

IFTTES has the Logistics Trait, meaning that they mass-transport things like professionals at the cost of not being able to war(combat) properly.

Zotw's(or something like that) Kingdom Trait is still unknown, although it seems that the Kingdom is bound to have tons of lore for it.

Any Defensive advantages?
The current way the Main Cannons work is that the craft must be still in order to charge the cannon, then maintain it. If the craft moves under its own power(in orbit doesn't count, but it cannot change course with thruster power as that would be counted), then it cannot maintain the charge and must dissipate it before the craft moves to stay in control.
I don't really know other advantages other than being able to repair when stationary as well.

Artillery Balancing?
Long-Range artillery shells can be intercepted by sufficiently quick-projectile-speed weapons that can be explosive or not.
Figuring out how well the chance for interception works is a problem.
Artillery can be effective against Main Cannon weapons, due to the range and the fact that Main Cannons cannot actually fire too far in comparison unless the ship was made for it.
Mechanics for Megatons?

Point-Defense balancing?
This might be considerably OP in some cases so why not constrain it for weapon interception and fighter-deterant?

I think it might be better if there was some sort of RNG that could be used on these forums, yet be reliable and trustworthy.

Reactions: Seth_Seth

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Hey @Legionite , remember that discussion we had when I sent you a prototype ruleset for this roleplay? Is it time to get this out here? It's fun and all, but we need hard number values and proper math so we all have a good idea on what's happening.

And a map.

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
How about a gamemode called "Wars"? It's basically like MC factions. Each player starts from scratch, fights bots and other players in 1 world (that world is a dedicated server), and build up their base and defenses. They can be attacked by other people and start wars and can also ally other people. They can create a faction where more people join that faction and stuff like that. Basically kingdoms in MP, but for kingdoms, let's have a private server that only kingdom leaders and members can join.

ElrondAmarzon

Jan 3, 2018
How about just the Space then into land defense thingie but there's specific battles, like, when a tech or group of techs attacks another tech or group of techs, they then go into multiplayer and duke it out?

Reactions: Tomato747

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
How about just the Space then into land defense thingie but there's specific battles, like, when a tech or group of techs attacks another tech or group of techs, they then go into multiplayer and duke it out?
Army of techs=too laggy