Ideas for Reticule Research Missions

warbrand2

A merc who loves blowing up large targets.
Jun 16, 2020
Another idea

TEST OUR AA

Atom requests help in a salt flat. when you get there, there is a buy pad and a rather large manned turret. He wants you to buy the turret which has 2 Hive missile launchers. The job simple take control of the turret and survive the BF hovers he made angry and doesn't tell you about until you get in the turret.

"Now that you have the turret, lets test the hive missiles. and I know just the target. A group of BF hovers are on their way because I, uh, well that isn't important but the next tool to test will be a cool [the number you are given]."

This prompts a 5 wave attack of BF hovers set as mk12 of the one you had to buy a bunch of. the main difference is they are armed. the hive launcher is pretty good at dealing with them, the main problem you will have is the shield on the tech is a BF one with a venture healling and only two GSO batteries so yeah those go down quickly.

Once the hovers are beaten Atom will thank you, stating you stopped BF from getting their blueprints back, drop a crate wish you luck and allow you to keep the turret for more testing.

May 13, 2017
Mars
You guys still taking ideas? Mine involves the Resource Radar that has been present since as far back as i could remember, yet never got the ability to, you know, make resource seams pop up in the radar. Well, this mission would take place when this technical hurdle is surpassed.

Meteorite Crash Site / GIGA PLASMA Testing

Atom tells you to meet him on some asteroid ridden wasteland, he sits just outside of it with a GIGA PLASMA tech vendor (mostly made out of RR and GC blocks) and requests you to buy it for E̴̫͊̓̿̀R̵̢͕͇̞̔R̶̝̪̗̐̍͝Ô̸̺̻̿̄̕Ŗ̸͓̠̏̅̐ price (i don't actually know how much it would cost). The tech would have a GIGA PLASMA, the Resource Radar, some resource collectors and some battery power, a healing bubble, the works.

Atom
tells you to go into the wasteland and mine X amount of asteroids (or some distinct meteors) popping up in the Resource Radar and bring the resource chunks back to him for research, he recalls he was going to tell you something else but he forgot what it was. After you mine the first asteroid he finally remembers to tell you that the area you're in has frequent meteor showers (cue meteor shower start) and that now your job is to prevent a meteor from hitting the collected chunks (or your tech). The meteors are seriously hard and take some time to collect, you might see yourself having to alternate between mining the thing and dodging falling meteors.

Right after you have the required resources Atom tells you to return to his position to finish the mission, but he's reading something unusual about to enter the planet's atmosphere, it's a massive meteor about to hit it, and the whole wasteland is going to be decimated when it does, you have to get out of there NOW! Atom tells you he estimates the meteor will hit the wasteland in X seconds and a counter of X seconds is started, and you must reach Atom before the time has run out in order to make it out of the wasteland in one piece. (If you don't want the whole big meteorite thing for repeating the mission in case you fail, you can say when time runs out it was just a malfunction in his radar, and that the whole thing was a false alarm caused by something)

If you reach Atom he will reward you with a box containing GIGA PLASMAS and Resource Radars among other things, let you keep the bought tech, and tell you that the area will most likely not experience any more meteor showers, and that you can mine more meteors if you like. (Maybe their resources sell for a lot of money? or they're just regular resources you could find anywhere)

I got an idea for the mission after reading that the GIGA PLASMA was intended to blast away meteors threatening off-world colonies. And the idea synergized with the whole resource radar thing and led to this. There is also no mission showcasing the GIGA PLASMA as far as i'm aware (if there is i haven't seen it, though i maxed out the Reticule Research licence already), and resource collection would be the logical thing to do.