Ideas for better missions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nate, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

1) Instead of mine so many rocks or chop so many trees. You need to shoot that many collected resources into space. This will make much sense as far as why your on the planet. Only needing to mine or chop down is a little silly.

2) Assassination missions. Kill a certain invader level tech that's off some where waiting for you.

3) Stop with the loot chests and their drop in tech defenders. A tech should be carrying a resource block or something else valuable. You need to go retrieve it.

4) Craft a certain item mission. Your tasked with crafting an energy transfer coil, SCU or something else useful. This should assist newbies by guiding them how to progress. Newbies won't know how useful key items are. You task them with crafting it and then they get to use it afterward.

2. Ninjin_Ninja

Ninjin_Ninja Well-Known Member

1) They already do that, like the third geocorp mission or so, they could possibly add more than that I suppose if your so needing of it :p

2) The catch the racer tech is basically that, having a invader spawn when u grab the mission could be interesting though, I think there used to be a hawkeye quest that was to hunt invaders, but I haven't gotten it again since new updates.

3) It may be annoying sometimes, but if they didn't have the guys spawn,it couldn't exist as just free stuff. I do think it would be funny to see later game variations of that radar thief from the beginning missions, its like "I'ma get that block from the tech in any way possible, rolls up to this massive fortress tech XD backs away slowly...

4) This could be interesting, but also didn't that one crafty mike mission require you to make a rocket for him? maybe i'm just not into crafting too often, but I would personally dislike those missions.

3. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

Guess I wasn't clear on idea #1 and #3. The missions to chop or mine but not sell. The missions to loot chests. They are idiotic and should be removed from the game.

Replaced by missions that provide a logical backing for why you are on the planet.

4. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

#1 If you read the mission text it makes it a little clearer and they're not quite as stupid as they sound. I agree that they would be better if you had to sell the resultant resources too, but as you can mine solely rocks without resources and still complete the missions...

#2 Isn't this what 75% of the combat missions are anyway? Having something hard to kill would be nice but by the time you get to the point where missions become needed to progress you can pretty much one shot stuff either at range (megaton artillery) or just "cruise" past.

#3 Agreed. Loot chests should be much harder to acquire. Either "rescuing" them from their current owner, fighting your way into a base or some sort of real search (not drive to marker and loot) like killing a certain enemy (not marked on map) will drop a clue as to where a loot box may be or someone to talk to (yellow NPC) who might know more. Ideally make it so killing everything isn't the only way to find the loot. Currently in this game loot rewards are largely riskless.

4# Crafting missions that you can do at your own pace (without the idiot NPC) would be nice especially if the devs could add back in some of the old resources and make them spawn in limited amounts only in certain places or at certain times. And certainly for higher end missions of this type it needs to be more than craft me a gun/rocket/whatever because all you do then if buy/retrieve gun, scrap it build it.

Apart from the Corp unlock missions there are no missions you have to do (and you can skip those but you won't unlock the corps), if you don't like crafting missions don't do them. I don't like many of the race missions from Venture and/or cannot be bothered to do a new tech/rebuild my current tech to complete them so mostly ignore them.

AstraTheDragon likes this.