IDEA: Camera options!!!!

Would you like this to be added?

• Total voters

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
I was reading some posts were people complain about auto camera. *light bulb* An option to disable auto camera movement OR to customise it like: auto cam while driving; auto cam while flying and soo on... What ar ya thinkin'?

Reactions: Coder

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
1. Custom autocam is a cool idea and we might get it at some point, but it's not that easy to implement and developers currently have lots of hiegher priority things to do.
2. For me 3 modes will be sufficient for now:
  • Keep rotation relative to the world
  • Keep rotation relative to the current tech
  • Auto - the same thing we have right now. May be customized later.

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
an option to turn the camera spring down to zero and up to infinite, would give us 3 of the 3 options.
0 spring = keep rotation relative to the world
current level = "auto"
but infinite spring isn't the same thing as "keep rotation relative to the current tech".
May be I wasn't clear enough: by "keep" I mean "hold whatever the current relative rotation is", not "keep the camera always facing forward"

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
I really like the camera they have now for 90% of the game; but, some battles, I really want a camera that when I rotate, stays where I rotated it to. Then with a click (or some sort of field reset) pops back to dead behind the tech.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
What about in battle the camera keeps you focused on the enemy you are battling or if there are multiple enemies have a button to cycle through the enemies to target?

Just a thought
Have a good one

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
There's a task on someone to enable the camera sprint to be reduced to 0 (off). So that's on it's way :)
An option to lock the camera on the target, or a designated point would be nice.

Even locking the POV on a vehicle you're not driving could be handy for screenshots.
And i know it can be done, because it happens to me every time i send a tech :p

Last edited:

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
To lock on the enemy, double click would be nice. I don't think double click enemy is reserved for anything (though I've been grossly wrong about key bindings before).