I have a question between stable/unstable version

Ober

Jun 3, 2017
Hello!
So im a little confused, i have seen that new weapons are on the game, like the gso bomb for example, so planes can act like an actual bomber.
But i cant find it, im currently on stable version 0.7.9
So this means that the gso bomb (and other blocks too) are only for unstable version right?
I would also like to know if my save file will persist if i pass to unstable version or should i wait to 8.0.0 where it should be on game right?
Cheers

QuackDuck

Duck
Jun 24, 2017
Near a duck pond in Britain
duckduckgo.com
Hi there!

The new bombs are an EXP block, which means they can only be used in the game if you have the R&D DLC. It has nothing to do with the Unstable version.

The Unstable versions are only for more frequent updates which bring new content but have not been fully debugged yet, while the Stable version is a version if the game with all the new content from the newest Unstable versions and bugfixes.

Your save file should persist to the next Unstable version if there are no major changes to terrain or other things which mess up the save, like new trading stations for example. If you plan on waiting for 0.8.0 to continue your save, I can not confirm if it will still work by then, there may have been many improvements and changes to the game which may not make the save to work properly.

Reactions: BenBacon

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
as the bomb (and other experimental blocks) are R&D(and if you have the R&D then will also be in all other modes that allow experimental blocks) only.
if you do not have the R&D you will not see any of the experimental blocks in any game mode.
and at present the current game version IS stable 0.7.9 and my guess for the next unstable would be in mid jan with a probable version of 0.7.9.1

Ober

Jun 3, 2017
Hi there!

The new bombs are an EXP block, which means they can only be used in the game if you have the R&D DLC. It has nothing to do with the Unstable version.

The Unstable versions are only for more frequent updates which bring new content but have not been fully debugged yet, while the Stable version is a version if the game with all the new content from the newest Unstable versions and bugfixes.

Your save file should persist to the next Unstable version if there are no major changes to terrain or other things which mess up the save, like new trading stations for example. If you plan on waiting for 0.8.0 to continue your save, I can not confirm if it will still work by then, there may have been many improvements and changes to the game which may not make the save to work properly.
Oh ty! So this means that i have to buy the R&D Dlc in order to use the newer blocks? I thought R&D purporse was only for test newer blocks which are not implemented on game yet.

QuackDuck

Duck
Jun 24, 2017
Near a duck pond in Britain
duckduckgo.com
Oh ty! So this means that i have to buy the R&D Dlc in order to use the newer blocks? I thought R&D purporse was only for test newer blocks which are not implemented on game yet.
Yes, it is for testing very new, yet to be balanced blocks, like the new bomb. Don't worry though, those blocks will eventually make their way into the main game, so it is not necessary to buy the DLC. The DLC also serves as a way for players to give more money to fund the devs to develop the game. Making a game for a living is not cheap after all.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
Yes, it is for testing very new, yet to be balanced blocks, like the new bomb. Don't worry though, those blocks will eventually make their way into the main game, so it is not necessary to buy the DLC. The DLC also serves as a way for players to give more money to fund the devs to develop the game. Making a game for a living is not cheap after all.
Don't forget the R&D Test Chamber.

Reactions: QuackDuck

Ober

Jun 3, 2017
Ty! I found this forum more helpfull than reddit it self