I have a challenge for everyone here in the forums.

Did you succeed?

• No, I could not defeat it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shayne

Oct 29, 2015
England
CHALLENGE HAS CHANGED FROM BEING IMPOSSIBLE TO BEING EXTREMELY BORING! ORIGINAL CHALLENGE WAS SAID TO BE IMPOSSIBRU, SO I MADE IT POSSIBRU.

Make a tech that can destroy this thing in as short a time as possible with all of it's shields and repair bubbles powered up to the max. (Full batteries, which is over 3/4 of the tech.) *note, you may want to leave this anchored down somewhere for a while, to charge up while you go out or something. It will likely take a few hours to charge.

NOTE DOWN YOUR TIME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY. THIS TECH TAKES ME DOWN TO 3 FPS ALONE, WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE RUNNING AROUND, AND WITHOUT ANY BUBBLES POWERED. YOU WILL LITERALLY BE PLAYING AT 1 FPS IF YOU HAVE A TECH LARGE ENOUGH TO DESTROY THIS IN 1 VOLLEY OF BOMBS, WITH ITS SHIELDS AND REPAIR BUBBLES UP! (MY PC IS A CUSTOM BUILD FROM 2014 WITH A NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 950 GPU, 8GB OF RAM, AND AN INTEL CORE i5-4460 CPU CLOCKED AT 3.20GHz.) DO NOT UNDERTAKE THIS CHALLENGE IF YOUR PC FALLS UNDER MY SPECS, AS YOU WILL LIKELY CAUSE YOUR GAME TO CRASH, OR YOUR ENTIRE PC TO CRASH. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PC, EG OVERHEATING.

TLDR: This is probably more of a test for your PC than it is for your building skills. *also, this can only be done in the R&D test chamber due to being able to change allied tech to enemy techs.*

AGAIN, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES TO A PC.the boss.png the boss.png
*no idea how files work for creating a new thread, so I'm inserting a thumbnail and a full image just in case.

Last edited:

Shayne

Oct 29, 2015
England
I do not think that game is designed in the way that allow this big tech to be destroyed in one hit. Especially as you build it with tons of batteries... so no point to even try.
Yeah, that's kinda why it's called a challenge. A tech like this CAN be destroyed in 1 go. It's just extremely hard to do so, due to the amount of healing bubbles covering every surface.
If you manage to get under the tech / inside it's shields, then you can overpower the force of the repair bubbles, and cause batteries to explode. Once a few go up, the tech can't repair in time, and the rest go up in a chain reaction. Again, this is more of a test of computer power than of building / fighting skill. (Although you do need to at least be able to maneuver away from the front of the tech which would absolutely obliterate you.)

Shayne

Oct 29, 2015
England
You can not call a challenge something that can not be done... like if I challenge you to jump to moon to get me coffee...
It quite clearly can be done, due to the amount of explosive items buried inside the tech. These include a huge amount of geocorp batteries, and a giant section of fuel. If the fuel goes, the entire tech is instantly destroyed, as the fuel is pretty much in the dead center of the tech, so would detonate all of the batteries.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
I opened your tech.... it has too much batteries so it would not be depleted in one shot even if other tech has all weapons possible. your own tech can not destroy lot smaller yellow box in one shot. So all rockets you have can not do enough damage to box, how you expect to make one single 64x64x64 tech that can destroy yours.
If you put challenge to destroy it in as little time as possible or in smallest number of shots... one shot ... is not possible.

P

Pink Kitty

even with fragile blocks, the target is too thick.

Even with 1 billion damage, you can still only destroy so deep into the tech.'

Bigness is its own defence, beyond a certain point.

Shayne

Oct 29, 2015
England
Seeing as people said it was impossibru, I made the challenge boring. Destroy the thing in the quickest time possible. Unoriginal, and not worth the time it takes to spawn the tech in.

P

Pink Kitty

nope. because blocks take time to be destroyed. So even if a block takes a billion damage, it's still going to stop the rest of the shots.
And as long as there are enough blocks between the point of impact, and the cab to stop the blast reaching, there will not be a one shot kill.

It can be done, if you redefine it as 'one press of the spacebar,' as it's possible to stagger the hits by height, so the attack releases multiple waves of bombs or whatever.
but that would not be one hit.
That would be 2 or 3 hits launched from one attack.

Doable with a tall stack of bombs so they all land bambambambambam one after another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
nope. because blocks take time to be destroyed. So even if a block takes a billion damage, it's still going to stop the rest of the shots.
And as long as there are enough blocks between the point of impact, and the cab to stop the blast reaching, there will not be a one shot kill.

It can be done, if you redefine it as 'one press of the spacebar,' as it's possible to stagger the hits by height, so the attack releases multiple waves of bombs or whatever.
but that would not be one hit.
That would be 2 or 3 hits launched from one attack.

Doable with a tall stack of bombs so they all land bambambambambam one after another.
O000hh, that kind of hit, with all of the projectiles at once hitting the enemy in one tap of spacebar.
I get it now.
But that the closest you can get to OHKO.
Welp, I guess it is impossible unless the enemy is somehow flung at the impossible speed of 500+mph (maybe the janitor with 2000+ VEN Shotguns with the enemy aimed at one of those R&D pillars can pull if off?) in the current unstable (repairs do not repair blocks with zero health) at the ground.
The only kind of hit that seems to be singular and powerful is ramming/flinging, but it is near impossible with a Tech of this massive caliber...
In other words, impossible until someone mods TerraTech to create a weapon that literally deletes all enemy blocks it is aiming at instantly...

missleMaster1793

Aug 21, 2017
The stars and beond.
CHALLENGE HAS CHANGED FROM BEING IMPOSSIBLE TO BEING EXTREMELY BORING! ORIGINAL CHALLENGE WAS SAID TO BE IMPOSSIBRU, SO I MADE IT POSSIBRU.

Make a tech that can destroy this thing in as short a time as possible with all of it's shields and repair bubbles powered up to the max. (Full batteries, which is over 3/4 of the tech.) *note, you may want to leave this anchored down somewhere for a while, to charge up while you go out or something. It will likely take a few hours to charge.

NOTE DOWN YOUR TIME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY. THIS TECH TAKES ME DOWN TO 3 FPS ALONE, WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE RUNNING AROUND, AND WITHOUT ANY BUBBLES POWERED. YOU WILL LITERALLY BE PLAYING AT 1 FPS IF YOU HAVE A TECH LARGE ENOUGH TO DESTROY THIS IN 1 VOLLEY OF BOMBS, WITH ITS SHIELDS AND REPAIR BUBBLES UP! (MY PC IS A CUSTOM BUILD FROM 2014 WITH A NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 950 GPU, 8GB OF RAM, AND AN INTEL CORE i5-4460 CPU CLOCKED AT 3.20GHz.) DO NOT UNDERTAKE THIS CHALLENGE IF YOUR PC FALLS UNDER MY SPECS, AS YOU WILL LIKELY CAUSE YOUR GAME TO CRASH, OR YOUR ENTIRE PC TO CRASH. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PC, EG OVERHEATING.

TLDR: This is probably more of a test for your PC than it is for your building skills. *also, this can only be done in the R&D test chamber due to being able to change allied tech to enemy techs.*

AGAIN, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES TO A PC.View attachment 19049 View attachment 19049
*no idea how files work for creating a new thread, so I'm inserting a thumbnail and a full image just in case.
You call that a challenge? Yeah this is too laggy, my pc crashes in less than 30 mins, in normal, but thos will take a min at most. no batteries, no bubbles, no generators. just get some bike wheels, then make a platform with plasma cutters on top.

P

Pink Kitty

OR you could just define it better?

Like i said, i can build a thing that will kill it with one button press.
But if that one button press ends with it getting hit for the next 5 seconds straight, does that count?

Reactions: Legionite

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
OR you could just define it better?

Like i said, i can build a thing that will kill it with one button press.
But if that one button press ends with it getting hit for the next 5 seconds straight, does that count?
I counted that also, it just have too many batteries to deplete them in one hit even if you make it go in 64 blocks wave of rockets. But I would really like to see your idea of design for this!!!

P

Pink Kitty

So, 1 FPS. But i killed it in one shot.
And all it took was 300 bombs.

Admittedly, what killed it was a battery chain reaction, followed by a massive explosion of bomb launchers as the tower blew up.

The bad guy shot back :p

If you need more firepower, you can widen it twice as wide. And then add 2 more walls with 600 bombs each.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: