• Nah, this is just RP

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don't do kingdoms, for the exact reason

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
This kingdom deal, has gone too far. We are now becoming enemies in the forum because of these stupid kingdoms. Look at us, were yelling, lobbing, typing insults at others for no reason but because of kingdoms. All of this because BitMage thought the Lemon Kingdom was a good idea.

And look at us, we have techs. YAY! We played the purpose of the game, how about we turn this into the military now? That makes 100% sense! #makinglifegreatboi

I give up, this has gone too far, for everyone. Administrators have locked threads because of us, that's how horrible this has become. So I give up, I'm not going to leave land, I'm just done. And I'm tired of this fear deal, were all scared of each other! This forum has become a battleground! This is not what the devs wanted when they made the Kingdoms sub-thread. And look now, we have bombers, weapons, ideas that are horrible. We talk about murder and destruction, bombing and bullets. We have become barbaric, this needs to STOP. And just know, that I love the kingdoms. But its gone too far, and from now on. I'm done, this is horrible.

We've turned a forum, into a murderous, dangerous, PG-13 battleground. What happened to peace, loving the game, posting bugs, talking to developers, making FRIENDS. All this has done is make life worse on the forum, so I'm done. I know for a fact this has gone too far, and I want nothing to do with kingdoms now. So have fun, I hope that you will decide to change your barbaric ways. If this changes, I might come back. But I don't even think that would make me come back.

Think about it, we play games to get AWAY from REAL LIFE. And look, its worse, we have war, bombs, murder, court, danger, hatred, enemies. WHAT HAPPENED!

So I, king of the United Federation Of Kingdoms. Leave, permenatley. This is not a failure, nor a act of weakness. This is me saying, THIS HAS GONE, TOO, FAR!

So I don't care if others think I'm crazy, or I caused this. Look at this! We have created bombers, for the sole purpose of DESTRUCTION! WHAT IS WRONG WITH US! Look at the world how we hate all this murder. And we fight for righteousness, and liberty. And we go on here, and do this. So I'm done, I don't care anymore.

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
I for one do and will continue to hope that after a hiatus you will consider to return to these forums @GamerParrish ; abandoning a community over an RP element seems somewhat hasty yet I understand the sentiment since after a locked thread (two actually) I myself took a hiatus from forums yet ultimately returned.

Cordially,
Zed

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
My opinion on all of this RP stuff and what's going on
First, we need to chill with the caps, bragging about our kingdoms' strength, and yelling at each other

Second, war should not start with a single post
If you post something without really thinking about it, just say sorry and it's over
No need to escalate a single post into TT WW3

Third, we need to respect each others way of doing things, but also keep each other in check.
For example, we should not be able to give ourselves a ton of things in a split second.
But, if a kingdom is growing fast because they are not going to war and wasting resources, don't say that they are cheating and go to war with them

I was hinting at a lot of things in this post, and I hope all the kingdom leaders will come and give their opinion on the mess of kingdoms right now

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Yes, kingdoms is a big mess, and no, it won't get any better. This is just how humans work. They accuse each other of stuff they don't like, throw a fit, and then start an all out war.

But, some of this IS your fault. You take everything RP WAY too seriously. You even talked about how it affects you IRL. It shouldn't. RP kingdoms is for fun and shouldn't be taken seriously nor put into real life. It's just a random thing we do on the forums in our spare time. And about the insults thing, no one meant any real harm outside of kingdoms and no one got mad at each other in the entire forum just because of kingdoms. Yes, I got mad at you. So what? That doesn't mean we should think of eachother as bad people, because we aren't.

Tangent ^^^^^

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
Yes, kingdoms is a big mess, and no, it won't get any better. This is just how humans work. They accuse each other of stuff they don't like, throw a fit, and then start an all out war.

But, some of this IS your fault. You take everything RP WAY too seriously. You even talked about how it affects you IRL. It shouldn't. RP kingdoms is for fun and shouldn't be taken seriously nor put into real life. It's just a random thing we do on the forums in our spare time. And about the insults thing, no one meant any real harm outside of kingdoms and no one got mad at each other in the entire forum just because of kingdoms. Yes, I got mad at you. So what? That doesn't mean we should think of eachother as bad people, because we aren't.

Tangent ^^^^^
Well at least I don't have the time to make techs the size of the empire state building :3 (They are cool doe)

Reactions: Boomik

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Administrators have locked threads because of us,
Well, I warned somebody ahead of time on that topic before it got too far, but I guess I wasn't stern enough or didn't let enough people know.
I knew this was going to happen before it did, and now that it happened, I failed in my goal to prevent it.:(

(TBH, I never thought that the word "delete" would be used in reference to destroy, so I didn't prevent the exact case from happening. Delete and destroy are two different things in thread context: Delete means completely remove from the forum. Destroy means to level a kingdom in combat, but let such kingdom recover after depending on kingdom rules.)

and I want nothing to do with kingdoms now.
Same thing here too.
I was trying to get a large set of rule ideas in but the most important ones didn't get in for some reason. I even tried a sneaky attempt to bypass the rules system by making kingdom types, but that was quickly found and cancelled.

I have already made many posts before this thread came about, and I can tell you, trying to get in a simple rule that makes sense and is commonly used in video games (yes, my ideas for combat were inspired by actual tactical turn-based games that are quite solid in gameplay and even the well known world-wide game of chess) is very hard:
_
The simple rule of "You cannot skip your opponent's turn" didn't make it into Kingdom RP rules...

I even wanted a rule where kingdoms re-spawn after being destroyed, thus a kingdom cannot be wiped from existence after being aced in combat on their own turf.

Now heated arguments are happening and RP is unstable.

Let's just hope that the new TT_Unstable tomorrow helps us all forget about this big mess we made (but not the methods of solving the issue).;)

Last edited:

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
Calm down Guys... it is RP...
Btw. the Lemons are different and behave different and were different to begin with (which is a constant source for some to accuse us not to do RP at all ... :p ).
Funny isn't it?

Other than that... did someone call for a Lemonade? With some icecream maybe?

May the zestiness be with you all! ;)

EDIT1: @BitMage did not found the Lemon-Kingdom btw.
EDIT2: WAYNE... WAYNE... were are you Wayne? Always hiding in the middle...

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
As much fun as something like this can be to do/play and adding more life to the forums, RP without rules never works out. It's like playing against hackers in games as even though you are playing correctly/right someone else is getting headshots with a melee kill from across the map while riding in/on a flying tank (Crysis MP back in the day). Do you still want to play in that environment/game?

I had thought of joining the TAC (Legion Region before a needed name change to prevent confusion) due to what it was about (AI and advanced tech designs theme).

But then the "War" started and I saw it slowly devolved over this short timespan (when I cared somewhat still) due to a lack of stated global rules like any other RP based thing has (D&D board games, turn based card/board/computer games as this is exactly what you are only able to do in a forum like this as we are all not able to respond instantly due to time zones and our daily lives) that @Legionite was trying to make happen (I did see that thread), but was shot down so vehemently.

Since then I have never participated in any of the kingdom discussions and probably never will past this post/thread as even though it's all make believe and just for fun and probably not as blown out of proportions as Gamer is claiming (again as I said I stopped bothering which included reading any kingdom threads so maybe it is as he claims *shrugs*).

If you want to continue this with out all this stupid drama you need global rules that everyone and all kingdoms has to follow/abide by or this will only keep happening, and this aspect of the forum may well die off.