I can't reach zero gravity for my tech

Anaurus

Hello, I have a problem with my tech and I hope to find a solution here.
I started building a big flying tech, and it's supposed to work using anti-gravity. Until then, all the techs of this kind that I built were hovercrafts, the anti-gravity only used to reduce the weight of the tech... but there I seek to make a tech at zero gravity.
I built several small techs and managed to levitate them like balloons thanks to the cumulative anti-gravity, but I can't manage to do the same with my new big tech... its weight is much more reduced, but never zero, an idea why ? maybe a detail escapes me...

I specify that I am aware of the bug affecting the blocks, and I have taken care that all the blocks of my tech are affected by anti-gravity.

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Anaurus

The tech is not finished, but the minimum necessary for the flight is there.
Like I said, I'm supposed to have a tech that weighs nothing, but if I don't give an implusion to take off, it stays on the ground. Once in the air, if I stop giving this impulse, it falls back to the ground slowly.
In the end, the tech can fly, but it doesn't stay in the air like a balloon.

In the meantime, I have equipped the tech with 4 Hawkeye hover pads to levitate...

Thanks again :)

Edit: I posted the wrong version of the tech, it's fixed

Attachments

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Definitely something weird going on here. I'm investigating. I'm not sure it's a bug, but I don't think there are any blocks without 100% anti-grav on them. I do know the gyros are obscuring your problem. Take them off and observe the motion of the tech. Your tech is either tail heavy or has some rotational force front-to-back (a couple possibilities for this). Either problem + gyros and your tech will sink while staying level.

I don't have any concrete answers yet, but I suspect it has to do with the fact that you have more weight/inertia in front. Anti-grav reduces mass, but not inertia, which is why your tech turns slow despite being "weightless".

I wouldn't mind it if @zanzistar helped us out with a brief rundown how anti-grav works in the code.

Anaurus

Thank you for your reply.

I removed the gyros, there was no apparent change from the anti-gravity, the tech remained grounded without the hover pads activated.

By levitating on the spot, the tech tends to lean to starboard, for no apparent reason since (unless I am mistaken) the tech is perfectly symmetrical, and the terrain too.
In motion, the tech is unstable, as it is not very wide compared to its length, it is sensitive as regards to the roll.
The tech also seems heavier at the rear, but slightly. When going up or down, however, the stern is clearly tilted, but this may be due to a poor distribution of the ascent / descent propellers...

What do you mean by "some rotational force front-to-back"? a back and forth effect? What could cause this ?